HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Back from South island New Zealand

Like Tree220Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-04-2018, 09:02 PM   #2311
Great Supremacy Member

I always choose the take and return full tank.
BlackCube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2018, 10:11 PM   #2312
Arch-Supremacy Member

I always choose the take and return full tank.
I suppose you mean you dont take the option and pump full tank before returning?

Seems logical if you cant gauge and probably end up having maybe more than half left, so more worth to not take the option
winguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2018, 10:32 PM   #2313

So the pin for overseas cc transactions is the same as the sg atm pin?
Atm card is not credit card.

Credit card used to withdraw money from atm machines will incur charges.

If you are not sure of cc oin, request a new one.
sendtolee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2018, 10:44 PM   #2314
Great Supremacy Member

I suppose you mean you dont take the option and pump full tank before returning?

Seems logical if you cant gauge and probably end up having maybe more than half left, so more worth to not take the option
Eh. Take and return full tank means when take that time is full tank. And return time I will return full tank.

Whatever u do, do not choose to return non full tank since they always cost more than you petrol yourself. Unless u feeling rich loh. Or if it's claimable by coy.

nothing to do with whether u can guage or not guage. I don't understand what's there to guage or not guage. it is never worth it to take any other option than returning full tank yourself.

Last edited by BlackCube; 14-04-2018 at 10:47 PM..
Old 15-04-2018, 11:03 PM   #2315

the credit card pin is different from your ATM pin. when you applied for the credit card usually they will send you the pin in a separate mail.

if you forget the pin you can change it online for some cards.
raist85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2018, 06:00 PM   #2316
Supremacy Member

Hi just a question, how long and how much did you guys spend when in NZD? Planning to go NZD but I’m not sure how much to Budget per pax.
Aspiringparamedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2018, 09:03 PM   #2317
Great Supremacy Member

Hi just a question, how long and how much did you guys spend when in NZD? Planning to go NZD but I’m not sure how much to Budget per pax.
Beep... beep... beeeeeeeeeeep HardwareZone Forums app
Look back a couple of pages. It was recently discussed.
Old 22-04-2018, 02:47 PM   #2318

Hi just a question, how long and how much did you guys spend when in NZD? Planning to go NZD but Im not sure how much to Budget per pax.
alot depends on your preference in terms of food, lodging and activities.

food wise if you eat in normal restaurants/cafe is avg 25 per person per meal
raist85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2018, 12:29 AM   #2319
Supremacy Member

Alrighty. Will have a look

Look back a couple of pages. It was recently discussed.
Aspiringparamedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2018, 06:21 PM   #2320
Arch-Supremacy Member

Hi chc city taxi fare around city roughly how much? For departing from hotel to get to shopping mall, ask hotel to book? Got booking fee? Or is there uber? Thanks.
winguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 10:00 PM   #2321

Hi all,

Planning for a road trip in Dec 18. 14 days in south New Zealand.
Have anyone rented a Campervan? I would like to know how’s the experience and from which rental company??

Thanks all!
kentona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2018, 07:05 AM   #2322
Great Supremacy Member

Hi all,

Have anyone rented a Campervan? I would like to know how’s the experience and from which rental company??

Thanks all!
Dec campervan will be damn expensive. Try to book at least like 2-3 months before hand. Not sure whether will cheap by alot not. That time I checked for 13-14 days like that about 2-3k? I think about 150+ per day or so iirc.
Old 14-05-2018, 04:46 PM   #2323

I went for my campervan trip last Dec. It is indeed a lot more expensive. Went with The Pod. Basic functional van. I find North Island pretty nice too esp Tongariro Crossing.
belgarathc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2018, 11:59 PM   #2324

Hi all,

Have anyone rented a Campervan? I would like to know hows the experience and from which rental company??

Thanks all!
I'm also going to do campervan in south NZ in Dec'18. So I can't really share experience on the trip, but maybe can share a bit on the campervan hunting.
Btw - how many people will there be in your group? If you have max.4, then you'll have many more options than if you need campervan with capacity of 5-6 people (which is my case).

I started by looking at the reviews in rankers.co.nz site. From there you can see which companies have good review ratings, then you see whether they have the kind of campervan that you have in mind (in terms of capacity and how new their fleet looks like - because the age is closely correlated to the price). You can even use the rankers function of getting direct quotes from the different companies, based on your need (i.e. date, capacity, budget level).

As mentioned by the others earlier, it is indeed expensive (especially during the summer peak season). I do think doing campervan + holiday parks will be more expensive than using normal car + staying in motels.
Aside from the campervan cost (which can be $300+ /day), the holiday parks itself (powered site) would already cost around $100/day (for 4-5 pax, because they count by pax).
liemsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2018, 10:07 PM   #2325

Hi all,

Have anyone rented a Campervan? I would like to know hows the experience and from which rental company??

Thanks all!
Last June, I rented from https://www.wilderness.co.nz. For my upcoming trip in July, I will be renting from http://www.britz.co.nz

Overall, I had a good and enjoyable experience with campervan. I also liked that I didn't have to pack and unpack every time I changed location.

By the way, NZD forex now (both spot and money changer rates) is very favourable to SGD that I've seen in 2 years.
Level42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.