HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Back from South island New Zealand

Like Tree220Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-03-2019, 10:09 PM   #2611
Supremacy Member

why are flights to wellington so much cheaper than to AKL or CHC? on SQ
AKL and CHC are direct flight. WLG has to stopover in MEL.
greenhse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2019, 11:10 PM   #2612
Arch-Supremacy Member

which telco u all go for? i wan 2degree, but seems like airport no sell.... also is cc widely accepted?

I AM FROM THE 30.1%, EMPOWERED TO COMPLAIN
compro_1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2019, 01:50 AM   #2613
Great Supremacy Member

which telco u all go for? i wan 2degree, but seems like airport no sell.... also is cc widely accepted?
Can use data travel for Starhub and other similar service by other local Telco.
Unless u need nz sim to make calls or what then get nz sim.

Cc are accepted in most places ba. Can don't carry alot of cash actually.

Posted from PCWX using Pixel 3
BlackCube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2019, 08:10 AM   #2614
Master Member

we bought the spark package

cc is widely accepted. in some of the smaller towns, their petrol stations are unmanned and need to pay using cc. they will prompt for a pin number, our card doesn't have a pin so we pressed 0000.
gumbokins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2019, 12:11 PM   #2615
Master Member

we bought the spark package

cc is widely accepted. in some of the smaller towns, their petrol stations are unmanned and need to pay using cc. they will prompt for a pin number, our card doesn't have a pin so we pressed 0000.
Oh! So 0000 works? I was trying to figure out that one.
BuGGi3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2019, 12:11 PM   #2616
Master Member

Hi. Is yr flight direct or transit in other City?
Direct flight
BuGGi3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2019, 08:47 PM   #2617

Direct flight
Am thinking of traveling to Christchurch via Brisbane/Sidney or Auckland under same tickets in Dec. Am worry abt the transit (about 1.5hrs) in Australia or at Auckland. The price of the air tix is abt 2/3 of the direct flight. Anyone have the experience with such arrangement?
Musicbike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2019, 04:17 PM   #2618

Am thinking of traveling to Christchurch via Brisbane/Sidney or Auckland under same tickets in Dec. Am worry abt the transit (about 1.5hrs) in Australia or at Auckland. The price of the air tix is abt 2/3 of the direct flight. Anyone have the experience with such arrangement?
I will not risk it. Remember your luggage will have to be transfer to another plane. if the initial flight is delayed, you can kiss the connecting flight goodbye.
angy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2019, 04:06 PM   #2619

Note to all who travelling to South Island within the next two weeks. The Waiho bridge between Fox Glacier and Franz Josef has collapsed due to crazy weather. Repair works expected to be until mid April. Meanwhile no access from FG to FJ and vice versa. Revise your trip accordingly!
RedShoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2019, 12:06 AM   #2620
Master Member

Note to all who travelling to South Island within the next two weeks. The Waiho bridge between Fox Glacier and Franz Josef has collapsed due to crazy weather. Repair works expected to be until mid April. Meanwhile no access from FG to FJ and vice versa. Revise your trip accordingly!
Thank for the information. I be going in May. Really have to monitor closely
winningeleven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2019, 08:51 PM   #2621
Master Member

if itís the same airline, they should guarantee your connection. minimum is 50 mins.

i flew airnz to chc, but need to clear immigration at auckland. was very delayed there and missed our connection but they just put us on the next flight to chc. there were a few other pax who were also affected and it was a bit unpleasant because instructions given were not clear.
Old 31-03-2019, 09:52 AM   #2622

if itís the same airline, they should guarantee your connection. minimum is 50 mins.

i flew airnz to chc, but need to clear immigration at auckland. was very delayed there and missed our connection but they just put us on the next flight to chc. there were a few other pax who were also affected and it was a bit unpleasant because instructions given were not clear.
Air NZ is different from Qantas. AKL to CHC is a domestic flight and there are many flights between the two cities. It is easy for Air NZ to do that. Whereas AUS to NZ is an international flight. So, if you miss the flight, it will be going to the next available flight which might be hours away.
angy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2019, 01:34 PM   #2623
Master Member

Hello! Do u guys get full insurance for campervan rentals? We've calculated the additional costs to be around $261 for rental excess of $950 (excluding road user charge) vs $441 all inclusive (excess of $450). Is it worth it to get or should get NTUC travel insurance that covers excess of up to $2500, yet to check if it covers campervan. Appreciate your input!
YES

we damaged our campervan pulling out from a carpark. kena $950 in repairs. managed to claim everything from insurance (i took sompo).

our windshield also got cracked by a rock that was kicked up by a passing truck but we didnít have to pay for that, covered by rental coy.
Old 31-03-2019, 02:05 PM   #2624
Arch-Supremacy Member

Hello! Do u guys get full insurance for campervan rentals? We've calculated the additional costs to be around $261 for rental excess of $950 (excluding road user charge) vs $441 all inclusive (excess of $450). Is it worth it to get or should get NTUC travel insurance that covers excess of up to $2500, yet to check if it covers campervan. Appreciate your input!
Just get the most comprehend coverage from the rental coy.
I drove over a rock in a dark parking lot. Cracked the front bumper. No questions asked when I return the car coz everything covered.
Travel insurance probably will cover also. But the hassle will be to settle with the car rental coy, then claim from insurance coy when back
evilerniex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 10:17 PM   #2625

YES

we damaged our campervan pulling out from a carpark. kena $950 in repairs. managed to claim everything from insurance (i took sompo).

our windshield also got cracked by a rock that was kicked up by a passing truck but we didnít have to pay for that, covered by rental coy.
Just get the most comprehend coverage from the rental coy.
I drove over a rock in a dark parking lot. Cracked the front bumper. No questions asked when I return the car coz everything covered.
Travel insurance probably will cover also. But the hassle will be to settle with the car rental coy, then claim from insurance coy when back
Hi guys, we are going to south NZ as a group .. will be driving...would like to check with bro here for singapore travel insurance got valid use in driving in NZ? if car damage can claim from singapore insurance co?
I will also buy comprehensive from the car rental co. but on top of that, should i still buy in singapore too? thanks.
waterlucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.