HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Back from South island New Zealand

Like Tree220Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-04-2016, 11:03 PM   #766

Hi, just to check with you, kea has already merged with maui? I did a search on kea campervan, and it redirect to this site: http://www.maui.co.nz/

And did u purchase the insurance coverage?
Hmm I think so, I tried to search KEA and ended up in Maui's website too.

From what I know, KEA, Maui, Britz and Mighty is under the same company. Pick up location at the same office. KEA was for new campervans <6 months old, Maui is the second tier, Britz and Mighty handles the older vans.

At one campervan site, we saw a Maui campervan that had a faint outline of the KEA logo underneath the panel stickers, and a Mighty had the Maui logo underneath! haha

I did not have to include any insurance coverage when I booked from KEA as the prices they quoted was all-inclusive.
ylimebaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2016, 08:27 PM   #767

Hmm I think so, I tried to search KEA and ended up in Maui's website too.

From what I know, KEA, Maui, Britz and Mighty is under the same company. Pick up location at the same office. KEA was for new campervans <6 months old, Maui is the second tier, Britz and Mighty handles the older vans.

At one campervan site, we saw a Maui campervan that had a faint outline of the KEA logo underneath the panel stickers, and a Mighty had the Maui logo underneath! haha

I did not have to include any insurance coverage when I booked from KEA as the prices they quoted was all-inclusive.
Thanks for the reply, over here as well as in the other thread!
NoTimeToWaitAr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2016, 12:46 PM   #768

Any motorhomes company to recommend in christchurch

Hi ,

I will be going to NZL in late nov to mid december for about 12 days

Can anyone share which motorhomes company is good and what to look out for.

I have 3 adults and a 20 month old toddler and would think i will be looking for a 4 berth one.

Which is better diesel or petrol as diesel through cheaper needs to pay a certain additional tax.
sgdividends is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 03:09 PM   #769

any recommendation for sedan car rental in christchurch? Deciding between Go Rental or Apex? Any experience in either?

Last edited by lolBoy; 01-05-2016 at 03:35 PM..
lolBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 11:28 PM   #770

any recommendation for sedan car rental in christchurch? Deciding between Go Rental or Apex? Any experience in either?
Even though i have yet to visit nz, but most of the edmwers recommendeed anzed.
http://www.anzed.co.nz/van_mpv_rentals.html
NoTimeToWaitAr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 04:20 PM   #771

Which brand of pocket wifi do you guy/lady recommend for usage there?
lolBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2016, 08:16 AM   #772

anyone want to sell their prepaid SIM to be used in south island valid till 1st June? Drop me a PM! Thanks.
Anarchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2016, 04:01 AM   #773
Master Member

oo just saw this thread! I'm heading there in June! how cold is it there? Really need down jackets?
Old 22-05-2016, 03:20 PM   #774

I went two years ago early June. It can get -2 to -5 at night. It's still quite bearable.

sellun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2016, 03:19 AM   #775
Master Member

Damnit... I'll only be there for 8 days... Seems like short of time to do so many things...

Think i might have to miss Franz Josef Glacier right? Because I've not enough days to travel CC >>Greymouth>>FJG>>Wanaka>> Mt Cook/Lake Tekapo>>CC ?

So my only option to get the best out of it is-->

Christchurch >> Mt Cook>> Lake Tekapo >> Queenstown >>Drive back up or take Domestic flight because it doesn't make sense to drive back the same route to CC?

Is there a better itinerary that someone can suggest?
Old 23-05-2016, 03:48 AM   #776

I'm going this week till 7 june. We'll head straight to Lake Tekapo for 2N after landing in Christchurch. Thereafter 2N Mt Cook, 3N Wanaka, 3N Queenstown and finally back to Christchurch for 2N before depart to Singapore.

We are traveling by nakedbus service throughout the entire journey in South Island except for transition from Tekapo to Mt Cook, we are taking Cook Connection bus service.

We are taking the same route from Queenstown to Christchurch, a 9hr journey by coach. Initially we have wanted to take a domestic flight but a one way ticket costs about $180, more than 3 times the cost of our entire bus fares hence we decided to travel by nakedbus again.

Last edited by dingdung; 23-05-2016 at 04:33 AM..
dingdung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2016, 06:51 PM   #777

You can either fly domestic first then travel by land or vice versa. You can check out the price for either chc to queens or queens to chc before planning.
Honestly I feel 10nights is the minimum to do the loop trip

sellun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2016, 11:09 AM   #778

Is there any recommended itinerary for South Island which also includes some winerary tours? I know the wine regions are somewhat off the main loop just wanted to see how long of a trip to budget.
Satki General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 08:55 PM   #779

hi guys

i'm going new zealand and plan to visit the waitomo glow worm cave in auckland. And to attempt the Black Labyrinth adventure.

So there's two links which I found but their prices are so different. One is intercity which costs 199 while the other is grayline which costs 399. anyone used them before?

thanks in advance
ahnong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 10:12 PM   #780

Anyone need SIM? PM me....
Anarchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.