Like Tree219Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-03-2017, 10:51 PM   #1171

Wow. Really nice !

View from purple peak.
appledabble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 10:54 PM   #1172

Hehe. Don't believe cuz u look 15 or what other reason

Great to hear that everything works out perfect. I'm so looking forward to my turn soon :-)

R u doing any paid adrenaline activities ?

Overall trip or just in chch? Overall has been great, travelling alone allowed me to expand my comfort zone, meet a lot of ppl and made new friends.

The views here are pretty much mystical, drove down Arthur's pass a couple of days back and it was the best drive ever. Felt like i was being transported into middle earth. The people here are nice too, especially in smaller towns, like you can walk in the street early morning and people would bid you good morning and even cashiers at supermarket would ask you how's your day etc.

I brought a tent and sleeping bag so I can pretty much camp if I can't secure accommodation. So far I feel it's been pretty safe, other campers generally won't disturb you and mostly just make small talks.

Hitchhiking is pretty popular as well, though I probably wouldn't do it. So far I've picked up 4 hitchhikers, they all told me that I'm the first Asian that picked them up

The people I met don't believe me when I said I'm 23 too, quite funny to see their reaction. Oh, and there are a lot of Germans here, all the hostels I've stayed at, I have at least 1 German roommate
appledabble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2017, 02:32 AM   #1173
Arch-Supremacy Member

I only plan to do skydiving. Bungee and jet boats don't interests me. Most of the stuff I'm doing here costs little to no money
BlurKillerEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 03:30 PM   #1174
Arch-Supremacy Member

Was camping at mount cook last night, gale force wind swept my tent away, tent was pegged down(6 pegs) with rocks holding the pegs as well. Probably shouldn't have left the tent empty but then I wonder if I leave my pack inside would it be blown away as well... Ended up sleeping inside the car which was super uncomfortable and with rain pelting all night it was terrible..

View in the morning was just as bad, whole mountain was covered in clouds and we could even see a glimpse of it. Did the hooker valley track but the view was disappointing because of the clouds/fog.
Old 07-03-2017, 05:02 PM   #1175
Master Member

Was camping at mount cook last night, gale force wind swept my tent away, tent was pegged down(6 pegs) with rocks holding the pegs as well. Probably shouldn't have left the tent empty but then I wonder if I leave my pack inside would it be blown away as well... Ended up sleeping inside the car which was super uncomfortable and with rain pelting all night it was terrible..

View in the morning was just as bad, whole mountain was covered in clouds and we could even see a glimpse of it. Did the hooker valley track but the view was disappointing because of the clouds/fog.
Raining sucks... means u missed the awesome night view at Mount cook...
Old 07-03-2017, 10:57 PM   #1176

I have been to NZ twice. I think it rains quite often there, especially around the sounds area. My two days at Mt Cook were sunny but I did a three hour walk to Key Summit at Milford and like you, saw next to nothing. Those planning to walk should know that even if it drizzles, the chance of poor visibility is likely. So think about enjoying the walk if not always the views.
hawkwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 02:27 AM   #1177
Arch-Supremacy Member

Yup didn't really get to star gaze that night. However the drive out was pretty awesome, had a great view of lake pukaki.
Old 08-03-2017, 03:45 AM   #1178

It has been raining on and off in Auckland as well. Gloomy weather

_Dave_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 04:24 AM   #1179
Arch-Supremacy Member

It has been raining on and off in Auckland as well. Gloomy weather
Currently at wanaka, weather today looks good, will be attempting isthmus peak.
Old 08-03-2017, 08:36 AM   #1180

spring also always raining?
Satki General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 04:16 PM   #1181
Arch-Supremacy Member

spring also always raining?
Don't know, its autumn now.

Just did isthmus peak, super tiring since I pretty much ran up and down. Started quite late at 2.45pm and I wanted to get down before it gets dark. Reached the summit at 5.20pm, lepak there till 6 then ran back down. Reached carpark 8.05pm and made it back to town while there's still daylight
Old 08-03-2017, 04:39 PM   #1182
Greater Supremacy Member

Don't know, its autumn now.

Just did isthmus peak, super tiring since I pretty much ran up and down. Started quite late at 2.45pm and I wanted to get down before it gets dark. Reached the summit at 5.20pm, lepak there till 6 then ran back down. Reached carpark 8.05pm and made it back to town while there's still daylight
8pm still got daylight?

during october, if i start same time like u i have to bring torchlight liao
mata_hippo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 04:40 PM   #1183

Sunset at 750pm nowadays. Winter is coming...

_Dave_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 04:51 PM   #1184

8pm still got daylight?

during october, if i start same time like u i have to bring torchlight liao
I thought Oct also got more daylight?
Satki General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 05:16 PM   #1185
Arch-Supremacy Member

Yup nowadays it gets fully dark at around 9
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.