HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Back from South island New Zealand

Like Tree220Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-03-2017, 06:36 AM   #1201
Arch-Supremacy Member

Flying back to SG tonight, weather here today is so amazing that it's tempting me to stay a little longer

But cannot lah, after climbing 4 mountain my calves begging for mercy already. Will do a write up of my travels, along with tons of photos when I get back.
BlurKillerEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2017, 07:18 AM   #1202

Sounds amazing. Will await your incredible sharing :-) have a safe flight

Flying back to SG tonight, weather here today is so amazing that it's tempting me to stay a little longer

But cannot lah, after climbing 4 mountain my calves begging for mercy already. Will do a write up of my travels, along with tons of photos when I get back.
appledabble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2017, 07:20 AM   #1203

What is the reasonable amount of cash to bring (how much per day per person) even though the aim is to charge to credit card primarily ? Thanks

Last edited by appledabble; 14-03-2017 at 07:51 AM..
Old 14-03-2017, 07:43 AM   #1204
Arch-Supremacy Member

What is the reasonable amount of cash to bring (how much per day per person) even though the aim is to change to credit card primarily ? Thanks
A lot of variables leh. For me I pay for my hostel, petrol and groceries in cash, so avg around $60 per day. I brought a total of 1k nzd and had to withdraw 200 when I was here. Things that I paid via credit card was only my car rental, skydive booking and Abel tasman campsites.
Old 14-03-2017, 07:54 AM   #1205

Oh. But can petrol and groceries be paid in credit card? If can, then I will take them out of the equation. Whatever that I can charge to credit card, I will do so. Setting aside $50 per person per day seems like more than adequate then ?

A lot of variables leh. For me I pay for my hostel, petrol and groceries in cash, so avg around $60 per day. I brought a total of 1k nzd and had to withdraw 200 when I was here. Things that I paid via credit card was only my car rental, skydive booking and Abel tasman campsites.
Old 14-03-2017, 09:43 AM   #1206
Arch-Supremacy Member

Oh. But can petrol and groceries be paid in credit card? If can, then I will take them out of the equation. Whatever that I can charge to credit card, I will do so. Setting aside $50 per person per day seems like more than adequate then ?
I tried paying for petrol with my card but always declined, was told by someone that the machine only accepts nz issued cards with pin. Not sure if it's true, can check with your bank... Yeah if you can pay by card then $50 should be more than enough per person per day
Old 14-03-2017, 05:26 PM   #1207

Hi all, I am planning to go on a trip, 2 adults, 2 kids aged 4 and 2.

Anyone with this family profile managed to complete a trip? And, is it possible to bring kids this age for star gazing? Can't seem to find any information on star gazing with children.

Lastly, comments on my plan please! because I don't seem to see much people going from Christchurch>Dunedin Town>Queenstown>Christchurch

Day 1: Christchurch
Day 2: Caroline Bay, Moeraki Boulders
Day 3: Baldwin Street, Larnach Castle and Gardens, Stay over at Dunedin Town
Day 4: Nugget Point, Purakaunui Falls, stay over at Te Anau
Day 5: Milford Sounds trip
Day 6-8: Queenstown
Day 9: Wanaka, Pukaki
Day 11: Back to Christchurch

As I have two children so my plan was really to space out everything. Not too sure if the drive from Dunedin Town to Te Anau will be too long.
MaGixT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2017, 05:51 PM   #1208

but why wanna charge everything to cc? wont the conversion rate be higher?
Old 14-03-2017, 07:21 PM   #1209
Arch-Supremacy Member

Anyone with this family profile managed to complete a trip? And, is it possible to bring kids this age for star gazing? Can't seem to find any information on star gazing with children.

Lastly, comments on my plan please! because I don't seem to see much people going from Christchurch>Dunedin Town>Queenstown>Christchurch

As I have two children so my plan was really to space out everything. Not too sure if the drive from Dunedin Town to Te Anau will be too long.
Star gazing best done in Mt Cook but it can be really damn cold there so bring warm clothes if you wanna be out in the open at night! Can consider staying a night at the Caitlins, otherwise it is a really long drive to te anau.
Old 14-03-2017, 08:28 PM   #1210

Convenience, plus I see values in the perks I can get back from CC

but why wanna charge everything to cc? wont the conversion rate be higher?
Old 15-03-2017, 09:14 AM   #1211

When will you be going? Need to factor in additional time if winter months but I agree with BlurKillerEx that a visit to Mt Cook is a must for South Island and Star Gazing either at Mt Cook or Tekapo (check out Earth & Sky) is the best location. But not sure if that timing your kids can stay awake
Satki General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2017, 09:57 AM   #1212

Convenience, plus I see values in the perks I can get back from CC
I got the anz travel card before I moved to Nz. It has worked well

_Dave_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2017, 11:02 AM   #1213

i am planning to head there in Oct/Nov. Still camping for promo tickets by SIA. HAHA! Will there be any??? Currently it is about $1.3k/pax.

anyway thanks for some of the comments, BlurKillerEX and Satki General. I think need to modify it abit!
MaGixT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2017, 11:59 AM   #1214

Yeah. It has been a good card until they informed yesterday on the upcoming T&Cs revision wef 1 Apr

I got the anz travel card before I moved to Nz. It has worked well
Old 15-03-2017, 12:11 PM   #1215
Arch-Supremacy Member

Just reached back home, now sorting through over 250gb of photos & videos
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.