HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

bintan or batam

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-05-2017, 11:32 AM   #1

bintan or batam

hi for nice beach bintan is better or batam?
any recommend area ?thanks
nanami70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 03:31 PM   #2

Bintan. I assume the price corresponds to the quality of the beach. http://bintan-resorts.com/visitors/
beanstalk6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 02:59 AM   #3

bintan would be better for beach . batam for shopping spree & massages
foxer77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 10:11 AM   #4

thanks for the reply
i search and found 2 resort
can anyone give me advise which is better
1-Mayang Sari Beach Resort - i read review beach is nice ,near ferry but food so so
2-bintan spa villa beach resort - it look old but beach seem nice & food quite cheap
for a 1 day 2 night trip ,should book cab or not ?
is lagoi bay beach nicer or Trikora ?
nanami70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 01:58 PM   #5
Supremacy Member

thanks for the reply
1-Mayang Sari Beach Resort - i read review beach is nice ,near ferry but food so so
2-bintan spa villa beach resort - it look old but beach seem nice & food quite cheap
Bintan spa villa is good.
joeey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 11:25 AM   #6
Arch-Supremacy Member

question for Bintan... does anyone know any scooter rental or car rental at or near Tanjung Pinang ferry terminal? Would like to roam on my own in Bintan
kediraksith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2019, 07:47 PM   #7

First thing you need to understand is that Bintan Resorts is a closed off section of Northern Bintan that was jointly developed by Indonesia & Singapore, so it is not “real” Indonesia. If you are going anywhere in Bintan Resorts, be prepared for Singapore prices and little or no access to anything local. Everything within Bintan Resorts is an easy 15 minutes from BBT ferry terminal. For many years the entire area was nothing more than captive resorts that are essentially monopolies set up to take advantage of one of the very few weekend getaway options from Singapore. Lagoi is a new development that is cracking the door (ever so slowly) on this monopoly.

We just stayed at the Grand Lagoi which was the Swiss Belhotel, now owned by Nirwana - this allowed us to spend the day at Nirwana Resort at no charge (a much, much nicer resort) and we spent the rest of the time in Lagoi. A shuttle between the two takes 15 mins. Grand Lagoi is a decent hotel and half the price of Nirwana - and not a captive resort so you can enjoy outside food like Warung Yeah which is probably the best food and price in all of Bintan Resorts, and Yeah Mart next door is also probably the cheapest minimart.

Lagoi has the best and biggest beach on Bintan Island, but the Lagoi area is still only 10% developed at this point, with most shops empty and only a few tourists, so that kind of kills the atmosphere. I’ve stayed at Mayang Sari before, just simple private villas, but the beach is good there.

Trikora Beach is outside Bintan Resorts, not easy to get to and facilities are lacking.

thanks for the reply
celtosaxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2019, 01:40 PM   #8

First thing you need to understand is that Bintan Resorts is a closed off section of Northern Bintan that was jointly developed by Indonesia & Singapore, so it is not “real” Indonesia. If you are going anywhere in Bintan Resorts, be prepared for Singapore prices and little or no access to anything local. Everything within Bintan Resorts is an easy 15 minutes from BBT ferry terminal. For many years the entire area was nothing more than captive resorts that are essentially monopolies set up to take advantage of one of the very few weekend getaway options from Singapore. Lagoi is a new development that is cracking the door (ever so slowly) on this monopoly.

We just stayed at the Grand Lagoi which was the Swiss Belhotel, now owned by Nirwana - this allowed us to spend the day at Nirwana Resort at no charge (a much, much nicer resort) and we spent the rest of the time in Lagoi. A shuttle between the two takes 15 mins. Grand Lagoi is a decent hotel and half the price of Nirwana - and not a captive resort so you can enjoy outside food like Warung Yeah which is probably the best food and price in all of Bintan Resorts, and Yeah Mart next door is also probably the cheapest minimart.

Lagoi has the best and biggest beach on Bintan Island, but the Lagoi area is still only 10% developed at this point, with most shops empty and only a few tourists, so that kind of kills the atmosphere. I’ve stayed at Mayang Sari before, just simple private villas, but the beach is good there.

Trikora Beach is outside Bintan Resorts, not easy to get to and facilities are lacking.
Hi, will i be able to take Grab in bintan lagoon resort? The fixed rate ia chop carrot one
hangry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2019, 11:27 AM   #9
Master Member

Answer - neither.

So called 'beach' in Bintan is just cleaned up area max 200m stretch and outside of that cleaned up place the trash - plastic bottles and bunch of other junk is piling up. Plus the smell of that trash.

This combined with Singapore prices (and even more) for everything at so-called 'resorts' (like 1h massage for SGD $120 and more), combined with food poisoning you can easily get.

You want a beach - get yourself on a plane and fly to Thailand or Redang/Perhentian Islands. Or Tioman at last resort.
invisible999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.