www.hardwarezone.com.sg

www.hardwarezone.com.sg (/)
-   Travel and Accommodation (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/travel-accommodation-89/)
-   -   Can I travel during Covid? (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/travel-accommodation-89/can-i-travel-during-covid-6382728.html)

gary2016 27-09-2020 10:12 PM

Can I travel during Covid?
 
Hi all, I am in a Long distance relationship and this Covid is taking a bit of a toll. I am currently on EP here and my partner is in Europe and she works there.

We havenít seen each other for 6 months and I was really hoping that some restrictions will be eased by now but no luck.


Singapore is not allowing her to come given its non essential so the only choice we have is to see each other in another country.

So far it seems like Turkey or Dubai are one of the few countries which is open to all tourists and requires no quarantine given we have a 72 hours Covid Negative test result.

My questions are:

1) Can I take a flight from Singapore to Turkey in current situation... will singapore let me leave. Is there any special permission I need to take?
2) Can I come back to Singapore without any issues, I know I will need to do 14 days quarantine at Govt facility at my own expenses which I am ok to do. Again I assume a return flight is all I need?
3) Is there any travel policy that covers me for Covid while I am overseas

Please try not to judge me, I am in a bit of a difficult situation and really need to travel but at the same time canít leave my job here!

Thanks for any help!

riwu0730 27-09-2020 10:16 PM

You can leave anytime but might need approval to re-enter.
Google "Arrival in Singapore - ICA"

reddevil0728 27-09-2020 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gary2016 (Post 129961445)
Hi all, I am in a Long distance relationship and this Covid is taking a bit of a toll. I am currently on EP here and my partner is in Europe and she works there.

We havenít seen each other for 6 months and I was really hoping that some restrictions will be eased by now but no luck.


Singapore is not allowing her to come given its non essential so the only choice we have is to see each other in another country.

So far it seems like Turkey or Dubai are one of the few countries which is open to all tourists and requires no quarantine given we have a 72 hours Covid Negative test result.

My questions are:

1) Can I take a flight from Singapore to Turkey in current situation... will singapore let me leave. Is there any special permission I need to take?
2) Can I come back to Singapore without any issues, I know I will need to do 14 days quarantine at Govt facility at my own expenses which I am ok to do. Again I assume a return flight is all I need?
3) Is there any travel policy that covers me for Covid while I am overseas

Please try not to judge me, I am in a bit of a difficult situation and really need to travel but at the same time canít leave my job here!

Thanks for any help!

go check out all the travel advisories. insurance might not cover you at all pertaining to covid-19. so u need to take note

gary2016 28-09-2020 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reddevil0728 (Post 129962336)
go check out all the travel advisories. insurance might not cover you at all pertaining to covid-19. so u need to take note

Thanks I did my research and yes travelling should be fine but comes with a pain of 14 days quarantine. Not sure how 7 day stay home (At ur place of residence) notice from Low risk countries canít be replicated to 14 days SHN (At your place of residence) given tests are mandatory for both....

We have decided to wait for early October to see if more countries can be added to 7day SHN or singapore May relax a bit of quarantine rules provided people do their tests....

deodorant 28-09-2020 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gary2016 (Post 129969423)
We have decided to wait for early October to see if more countries can be added to 7day SHN or singapore May relax a bit of quarantine rules provided people do their tests....

SG won't restrict you to leave, but the main concern is that if you so bad luck came back with covid from non-authorised countries, you have to tank all costs on your own (neither government nor insurance will pay for your hospital bills).

If this is acceptable to you ... UK now don't need quarantine for travellers from Singapore.

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapo...gapores-travel

gary2016 28-09-2020 05:31 PM

Thanks for the link.

So does the same policy applies to countries where govt is easing their approach...I mean NZ, Brunie, HK, TW, China, Macau? Or not a problem if you come from these countries...

Best is that they include some other European countries as well that are actually open for tourism...e.g. Finland, Switzerland etc.....these are countries with similar risk as to the ones in Asian continent.....even South Korea and Japan residents are allowed to visit these countries but not Singapore.....I think its coz we perhaps being too strict on the requirments....

foxer77 28-09-2020 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gary2016 (Post 129976548)
Thanks for the link.

So does the same policy applies to countries where govt is easing their approach...I mean NZ, Brunie, HK, TW, China, Macau? Or not a problem if you come from these countries...

Best is that they include some other European countries as well that are actually open for tourism...e.g. Finland, Switzerland etc.....these are countries with similar risk as to the ones in Asian continent.....even South Korea and Japan residents are allowed to visit these countries but not Singapore.....I think its coz we perhaps being too strict on the requirments....

u need to search on the requirement rules from their countries. U might need to bear the cost of medical if u happen to be affected in the countries that u going.

reddevil0728 28-09-2020 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gary2016 (Post 129976548)
Thanks for the link.

So does the same policy applies to countries where govt is easing their approach...I mean NZ, Brunie, HK, TW, China, Macau? Or not a problem if you come from these countries...

Best is that they include some other European countries as well that are actually open for tourism...e.g. Finland, Switzerland etc.....these are countries with similar risk as to the ones in Asian continent.....even South Korea and Japan residents are allowed to visit these countries but not Singapore.....I think its coz we perhaps being too strict on the requirments....

There is no point planning on hope. plan on what's realistic.


All times are GMT +8. The time now is 12:31 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright © SPH Magazines Pte Ltd. All rights reserved.