HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Can I travel during Covid?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-09-2020, 10:12 PM   #1

Can I travel during Covid?

Hi all, I am in a Long distance relationship and this Covid is taking a bit of a toll. I am currently on EP here and my partner is in Europe and she works there.

We havenít seen each other for 6 months and I was really hoping that some restrictions will be eased by now but no luck.

Singapore is not allowing her to come given its non essential so the only choice we have is to see each other in another country.

So far it seems like Turkey or Dubai are one of the few countries which is open to all tourists and requires no quarantine given we have a 72 hours Covid Negative test result.

My questions are:

1) Can I take a flight from Singapore to Turkey in current situation... will singapore let me leave. Is there any special permission I need to take?
2) Can I come back to Singapore without any issues, I know I will need to do 14 days quarantine at Govt facility at my own expenses which I am ok to do. Again I assume a return flight is all I need?
3) Is there any travel policy that covers me for Covid while I am overseas

Please try not to judge me, I am in a bit of a difficult situation and really need to travel but at the same time canít leave my job here!

Thanks for any help!
gary2016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2020, 10:16 PM   #2

You can leave anytime but might need approval to re-enter.
Google "Arrival in Singapore - ICA"
riwu0730 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2020, 10:54 PM   #3
High Supremacy Member

Hi all, I am in a Long distance relationship and this Covid is taking a bit of a toll. I am currently on EP here and my partner is in Europe and she works there.

We havenít seen each other for 6 months and I was really hoping that some restrictions will be eased by now but no luck.

Singapore is not allowing her to come given its non essential so the only choice we have is to see each other in another country.

So far it seems like Turkey or Dubai are one of the few countries which is open to all tourists and requires no quarantine given we have a 72 hours Covid Negative test result.

My questions are:

1) Can I take a flight from Singapore to Turkey in current situation... will singapore let me leave. Is there any special permission I need to take?
2) Can I come back to Singapore without any issues, I know I will need to do 14 days quarantine at Govt facility at my own expenses which I am ok to do. Again I assume a return flight is all I need?
3) Is there any travel policy that covers me for Covid while I am overseas

Please try not to judge me, I am in a bit of a difficult situation and really need to travel but at the same time canít leave my job here!

Thanks for any help!
go check out all the travel advisories. insurance might not cover you at all pertaining to covid-19. so u need to take note
Old 28-09-2020, 11:43 AM   #4

go check out all the travel advisories. insurance might not cover you at all pertaining to covid-19. so u need to take note
Thanks I did my research and yes travelling should be fine but comes with a pain of 14 days quarantine. Not sure how 7 day stay home (At ur place of residence) notice from Low risk countries canít be replicated to 14 days SHN (At your place of residence) given tests are mandatory for both....

We have decided to wait for early October to see if more countries can be added to 7day SHN or singapore May relax a bit of quarantine rules provided people do their tests....
Old 28-09-2020, 03:14 PM   #5
Supremacy Member

We have decided to wait for early October to see if more countries can be added to 7day SHN or singapore May relax a bit of quarantine rules provided people do their tests....
SG won't restrict you to leave, but the main concern is that if you so bad luck came back with covid from non-authorised countries, you have to tank all costs on your own (neither government nor insurance will pay for your hospital bills).

If this is acceptable to you ... UK now don't need quarantine for travellers from Singapore.

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapo...gapores-travel

Last edited by deodorant; 28-09-2020 at 03:26 PM..
deodorant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2020, 05:31 PM   #6

Thanks for the link.

So does the same policy applies to countries where govt is easing their approach...I mean NZ, Brunie, HK, TW, China, Macau? Or not a problem if you come from these countries...

Best is that they include some other European countries as well that are actually open for tourism...e.g. Finland, Switzerland etc.....these are countries with similar risk as to the ones in Asian continent.....even South Korea and Japan residents are allowed to visit these countries but not Singapore.....I think its coz we perhaps being too strict on the requirments....
Old 28-09-2020, 06:09 PM   #7
Master Member

Thanks for the link.

So does the same policy applies to countries where govt is easing their approach...I mean NZ, Brunie, HK, TW, China, Macau? Or not a problem if you come from these countries...

Best is that they include some other European countries as well that are actually open for tourism...e.g. Finland, Switzerland etc.....these are countries with similar risk as to the ones in Asian continent.....even South Korea and Japan residents are allowed to visit these countries but not Singapore.....I think its coz we perhaps being too strict on the requirments....
u need to search on the requirement rules from their countries. U might need to bear the cost of medical if u happen to be affected in the countries that u going.
foxer77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2020, 09:15 PM   #8
High Supremacy Member

Thanks for the link.

There is no point planning on hope. plan on what's realistic.

Last edited by reddevil0728; 29-09-2020 at 12:59 PM..
reddevil0728 is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.