HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Caution about travelling to Turkey

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-09-2019, 04:41 PM   #1

Caution about travelling to Turkey

I am writing this to share the experience of my friend and myself of Turkey.

At the beginning of May 2019 my friend transited in Istanbul on his way back from Dubai to Singapore. When he disembarked from the plane, he was immediately detained by Customs Officers because they discovered he was carrying a cheque. This was despite there not being any area for him to declare the cheque when he disembarked. I subsequently received an email from the Customs Officer Adem to pay a fine of 12000USD.
After struggling for few weeks, a friend introduced me to a person who he claims to be the Head of Customs in Turkey. This man (Biddle McClooney) said he suspended all the charges for my friend. But to have him completely freed, he told me I had to pay the Customs barrister 500USD to draft a letter. At this time my friend managed to get free because he managed to get a human activist lawyer and the Customs Officer Adem cancelled his charges and set him free. All this while, the Head of Customs Biddle called the Customs Officer Adem fake and the Customs Officer called the Head of Customs fake. When my friend was freed I naturally refused to pay the lawyer fees. When Biddle discovered I refused to pay he said he would turn my friend over to the criminal department to have him imprisoned. But nothing of that sort happened and my friend eventually left the Customs office.
At this point in time, I complained to the Head of Customs that my friend had been wrong accused and detained for one month and deserve compensation. He agreed to process the compensation if I paid the lawyer fees. So dutifully I paid and he said the compensation was processed.
Unfortunately for my friend, when he was leaving the Customs office, he was abducted by Turkish militants who demanded ransom. I told the Head of Customs about it and he said that he would enlist the police for help and fly back to Singapore together with the compensation and my friend. But he changed his story later and said that I would have to pay a go ahead fee of 2000USD to arrest the militants and rescue my friend. Because we were not Turkish citizens.
After struggling for a month, my friend managed to get the help of his US friends who paid the ransom for him. He subsequently left for the US to start another project.
So with my friend freed there was no need to pay the police. And because I did not pay to this day they did not do anything to arrest the militants. Note that my friend said there were other hostages besides himself. Yet they were waiting for me to pay 2000USD to start a rescue operation.
I told Biddle that I would not be paying the police. Then suddenly he could not fly with my friend to Singapore with the compensation. So he started pressurising me for a first class flight to deliver the compensation to me. We negotiated and he finally agreed to let me pay 1000USD while he topped up the rest of the fare.
When I paid for the 1000USD, he suddenly turned around and said I had to pay 800USD more. We argued over this and in my anger I said a lot of things. Finally he told me he would cancel the compensation and leave me with nothing. On top of that he refused to return the 1000USD even though he was not flying.
I tried to calm down and negotiate with him once more. But he claimed he sent all my text messages to the President of Turkey and Customs Barrister.
As of today, he told me he has called the Singapore government and that they would arrest me with at least 6 charges including one committed against Singapore. He also said that the Singapore authorities begged him after he sent them his ID.
I am right now waiting for the arrest as he claimed. If I am arrested by the Singapore government then you know this man is real and my story genuine.
Then please be careful when you travel to Turkey. Everything about their government is money.
If I am not arrested, then you know there is a Head of Customs called Biddle McClooney who is a scammer. Sadly he is supposed to be in Christian leadership but I suppose that is no guarantee for goodness anymore.
sillygirl0610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 05:46 PM   #2

That's a whole lot of hogwash.

Sent from Samsung SM-G965F using GAGT
Gruffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 08:23 PM   #3

Is your ‘friend’ a local sinkie or a virtual friend you met on the internet?

You are just another idiot getting scammed on the internet
SibehHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 09:27 PM   #4

Local sinkie. He is coming back in two weeks.
Old 02-09-2019, 09:28 PM   #5

That's a whole lot of hogwash.

Sent from Samsung SM-G965F using GAGT
I have given my caution whether you believe or not it is up to you.
Old 02-09-2019, 09:41 PM   #6
Master Member

I am writing this to share the experience of my friend and myself of Turkey.
Username checks out.
invisible999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 10:40 PM   #7
Master Member

I think she was scammed by her friend. Her friend just find someone to ask her to send over money.
SBS2716G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 09:59 PM   #8
Master Member

You guys bothered to read?

Nothing to do with Turkey. Just a gullible person.

I'm still going to Turkey
Old 04-09-2019, 09:17 AM   #9

You have the head of Turkish customs with an Anglo-Saxon (Scot!) name!? Which number of the Singapore government was called? Our authorities begged him?!?! President Erdogan is in this too? Really tall tale.
Report to the Singapore police or the embassy in Ankara. Sort yourself out, sister.
beanstalk6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 02:01 PM   #10

You have the head of Turkish customs with an Anglo-Saxon (Scot!) name!? Which number of the Singapore government was called? Our authorities begged him?!?! President Erdogan is in this too? Really tall tale.
Report to the Singapore police or the embassy in Ankara. Sort yourself out, sister.
Nice.

Istanbul is one of my favorite cities. This story sounds so incredible.
tempestuous- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 12:20 PM   #11
Supremacy Member

USD 2000 to initiate the rescue ops ?

They might ask you to up it to USD 4000 soon, so that they will be able to go in with MP5s and Glocks instead of revolvers and swords.
Old 12-09-2019, 12:21 PM   #12
Arch-Supremacy Member

Sounds like a troll.. Don't tarnish turkey name.
UptheToon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 03:29 PM   #13
Supremacy Member

TS has disappeared for ten days. Presumably, she is currently linking up with Turkish special forces as an observer, awaiting the go-ahead to storm the compound and rescue her friend.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.