HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

DBS Traveller Shield 45% off or wait for NATAS

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-08-2014, 10:10 AM   #1
Supremacy Member

DBS Traveller Shield 45% off or wait for NATAS

I am traveling to USA in Oct for 15 days and I will need a travel insurance. Should I take up DBS 45% off Traveller Shield now or wait another week to see what does NATAS offers? I know sometimes NATAS offers could get up to 50%.

I am ok with either MSIG (DBS) or Tenet. Whichever that could give me a better price as USA travel insurance are not cheap (over $100 dollars for my travel length). Or are there any other companies to recommend?

Thanks.
jackieatbtu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2014, 01:36 PM   #2
Master Member

How much could you save from 45% to 50%? 5% of $200 gives you like $10 only. Your air ticket probably costs more than 100 times that amount.

NATAS offer means you have to pay $4 for entry into NATAS to get it or can get without entering the fair?
fone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2014, 02:36 PM   #3
Arch-Supremacy Member

Don't mind If I ask, when you are getting your travel insurance from these banks and companies rather than through a representative, How are you going to claim? Will you be willing to go through the whole claim procedure yourself? After All, the prices are more or less the same.
kelthalas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2014, 04:22 PM   #4
Arch-Supremacy Member

How much could you save from 45% to 50%? 5% of $200 gives you like $10 only. Your air ticket probably costs more than 100 times that amount.

NATAS offer means you have to pay $4 for entry into NATAS to get it or can get without entering the fair?
haha yeah must pay entrance fees + transport fees to the natas venue
dede1217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2014, 11:08 PM   #5

Don't mind If I ask, when you are getting your travel insurance from these banks and companies rather than through a representative, How are you going to claim? Will you be willing to go through the whole claim procedure yourself? After All, the prices are more or less the same.
Usually the bank tied up with some insurance. DBS Travel Shield with MSIG. Just submit on line or hand over MSIG counter with all your recipt n proof of travel.
david2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2014, 11:43 PM   #6

haha yeah must pay entrance fees + transport fees to the natas venue
Normally the insurers provide the same discount whether you are physically at NATAS or not right? Meaning you can get the same NATAS rates online. I would say wait...more companies to compare with.
lrt2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2014, 12:11 PM   #7
Supremacy Member

I will be buying them online. All the offers usually no need go down to natas itself.

I don't have a dedicated insurance agent and so it doesn't matter where I buy my travel insurance from. I read here that msig and tenet have better records of claims, unlike ACE.
Old 24-08-2014, 12:17 PM   #8
Arch-Supremacy Member

Just grab the DBS offer. Can sign up conveniently online and I doubt you will save that much also.
xtwis7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2014, 03:27 PM   #9
Arch-Supremacy Member

I will be buying them online. All the offers usually no need go down to natas itself.

I don't have a dedicated insurance agent and so it doesn't matter where I buy my travel insurance from. I read here that msig and tenet have better records of claims, unlike ACE.
yup, bought ace before , wanted to claim my luggage damage when flying cx to hk. then they took few weeks later then get back to us. while cx already replied us within 3 working days , took our luggage and fixed it =.=
dede1217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2014, 09:41 PM   #10
High Supremacy Member

How to get 45%? Don't see in DBS website... Quite a good deal IMO!
nicholaslee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2014, 12:39 PM   #11

I always buy from Standard Chartered website which is MSIG insurance. They are having 50% promo from 1st to 3rd Sept and can buy directly from Standard Chartered website.

I had claim from them once and they are very fast and efficient. Communication through email & phone.
They are very fast in responding to your questions and the claim is settled in less than a month after the submission of my claim receipts.
allies28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2014, 08:26 PM   #12

I think msig not bad. Always buy from dbs website. Anyway, their office within the same building as my office, but so far never have the need to claim (touch wood).

Side track abit.. Is the Dash insurance offered by standard chartered by msig as well?
xiaostar01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2014, 09:56 PM   #13
Supremacy Member

How to get 45%? Don't see in DBS website... Quite a good deal IMO!
The DBS promotion over already last weekend. Now left with 20% discount only.
Old 29-08-2014, 10:01 PM   #14
Supremacy Member

I have decided to buy Tenet even though MSIG Stanchart is offering 50%.

Based on the benefits offered by Tenet cheapest plan, it will be more equivalent to mid tier gold plan for MSIG. Though Tenet is a few dollars more expensive than MSIG, I like the fact that they are paying for baggage delay based on time and not claims made. Plus, I think Tenet offers higher limit in case of medical evac and reparation back to Singapore (touch wood). And they have credit card loss covered as well, which is a requirement for my travel kaki.

Though both DBS and Stanchart offers MSIG, I think DBS benefits are much better than Stanchart.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.