HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Dream Cruise is Docking In Singapore

Like Tree110Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-04-2019, 06:04 PM   #2116

No chance to surprise this coming trip because they already told me no suite and going to give me 500 e-credits instead.

I did a research on google map and youtube too, the port is far away from the city, the coach takes 1.5hr to reach the city. I am a bit worry the coach air con not cool enough and I have not take a coach for 25yrs.... don't know can tarhan or not?
Who know they might surprise you on the boarding day with both Upgrade and Entertainment Credit.

Maybe pack one USB rechargeable Portable Fan or Aircon and bring on your coach.
lilycll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 06:14 PM   #2117

Better to head to Pattaya, scuttle bus service one hour away.
Bangkok is like KL but bigger and traffic much worst.
Yes Bangkok coach journey is about 2 to 2.5hrs one way and is not fun to take with the kind of traffic jam. But most of these coach drivers do know their trade and know where to divert to ensure you reach back on time.
Old 11-04-2019, 10:02 AM   #2118

Anybody can advise me if there is any 5Night of Dream Cruise in Nov or Dec 2019?
I using their website to search but found nil record, which is weird.

Thanks in advance~
pchltws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2019, 12:46 PM   #2119

oh, so you drive to genting one ah?
I hire a MPV to Genting and choose early hour like 5-6AM to leave SG and return reach JB before 4PM, usually no jam.
No problem to drive up but afraid too tire to drive back coz surely not enough sleep and rest.
Btw, Genting very stingy these days, don't even want to give Sunday free stay, I skipped my Apr and Jun trips to Genting and swap to GD.
kia0042 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2019, 12:51 PM   #2120

Who know they might surprise you on the boarding day with both Upgrade and Entertainment Credit.

Maybe pack one USB rechargeable Portable Fan or Aircon and bring on your coach.
Surprise! I received a message from GD that my 14April trip is upgraded to suite with 500 e-credits.
Some more got free shuttle for each destination... wonder what shuttle, still coach I think.
Old 11-04-2019, 01:06 PM   #2121

Yes Bangkok coach journey is about 2 to 2.5hrs one way and is not fun to take with the kind of traffic jam. But most of these coach drivers do know their trade and know where to divert to ensure you reach back on time.
I see Google map, Pattaya city is closer to visit.
Considering Bangkok and Cambodia trip too, both dock at port, no need to take ferry, wonder how's the taxi services at this 2 places? Hoping not like Ho Chin Minh which does not allow taxi.
Old 11-04-2019, 01:14 PM   #2122

Anybody can advise me if there is any 5Night of Dream Cruise in Nov or Dec 2019?
I using their website to search but found nil record, which is weird.

Thanks in advance~
I just logged in and checked, Nov doesn't have 6d5n and I cannot see Dec schedule too.
pchltws likes this.
Old 11-04-2019, 03:02 PM   #2123

I just logged in and checked, Nov doesn't have 6d5n and I cannot see Dec schedule too.
Thanks you very much for your help.
pchltws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2019, 04:08 PM   #2124

Thanks you very much for your help.
Genting marketing never on the ball. You want to book but you have to wait for them to decide on the schedule and pricing. Same with booking tours on the ship. You come when their counter is open. Not at your convenient time.
Surprise! I received a message from GD that my 14April trip is upgraded to suite with 500 e-credits.
Some more got free shuttle for each destination... wonder what shuttle, still coach I think.
For shuttle in PG they would bus you to Komtar shopping.
In Patong they would bus you to Juncelon shopping.
I think they would do similar on your sailing.

Do let us know how is the food now compared to Lido.
I am not upgrading anymore as the Palace buffet standard has drop a lot the last time I was there two weeks ago. Roast pork, suey york, instead of suckling pig.

Last edited by datolim; 11-04-2019 at 04:13 PM..
datolim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2019, 08:17 PM   #2125

Genting marketing never on the ball. You want to book but you have to wait for them to decide on the schedule and pricing. Same with booking tours on the ship. You come when their counter is open. Not at your convenient time.

For shuttle in PG they would bus you to Komtar shopping.
In Patong they would bus you to Juncelon shopping.
I think they would do similar on your sailing.

Do let us know how is the food now compared to Lido.
I am not upgrading anymore as the Palace buffet standard has drop a lot the last time I was there two weeks ago. Roast pork, suey york, instead of suckling pig.
Not much difference of food standard in lido. Variety added as theres a new corner for halal food. Still prefer deck 7 during destination cruise.

Anyone invited to the slot tournament on 17 may?
Kiasupoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2019, 09:10 PM   #2126

Which specialty restaurants are worth to visit? Thanks
SaulGoodman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2019, 09:40 PM   #2127

Which specialty restaurants are worth to visit? Thanks
None.
MB Steakhouse you get the same steak as the free restaurant on the seven floor.
Silk House slightly better quality food than the free Chinese restaurants.
Japanese food, not an expert, but the teppanyaki cost a lot.
Hot pot, steam boat have not tried.
Old 11-04-2019, 11:19 PM   #2128

Haha Congrat. This is how they work. If you don't ask you never know they will give to you.

Yes shuttle is coach to bring you to and back from one of the Shopping Mall. Am not familiar with the 2 Ports Nha Trang and HCM so not really sure if they have big Shopping Mall there for the shuttle to bring you to. Maybe shuttle will bring you to one of the famous landmark Notre Dame Cathedral of Saigon then is up to you to go from there.

Do take note that they will most likely charge you same Balcony $21/day Gratuity instead of $26/day for this comp upgrade.

Last edited by lilycll; 11-04-2019 at 11:32 PM..
Old 12-04-2019, 07:31 AM   #2129

Haha Congrat. This is how they work. If you don't ask you never know they will give to you.

Yes shuttle is coach to bring you to and back from one of the Shopping Mall. Am not familiar with the 2 Ports Nha Trang and HCM so not really sure if they have big Shopping Mall there for the shuttle to bring you to. Maybe shuttle will bring you to one of the famous landmark Notre Dame Cathedral of Saigon then is up to you to go from there.

Do take note that they will most likely charge you same Balcony $21/day Gratuity instead of $26/day for this comp upgrade.
I think grad is $26/day and not $21.
Don't think they provide free shuttle to HCMC.
Just imagine for Langkawi the shuttle is to the end of the pier to Genting Langkawi Resort.
If you take one of their tours you will get a $40 discount.
Old 12-04-2019, 08:53 AM   #2130

I think grad is $26/day and not $21.
Don't think they provide free shuttle to HCMC.
Just imagine for Langkawi the shuttle is to the end of the pier to Genting Langkawi Resort.
If you take one of their tours you will get a $40 discount.
Yes Suite Gratuity is $26/day but for Comp Upgrade they kind of absorb the different and charge Balcony rate at $21/day. That's was what I had for my upgrade.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.