HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Dream Cruise is Docking In Singapore

Like Tree92Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-07-2019, 05:04 PM   #2551

agent got cheaper?
Maybe but it should be little as their comm not alot.

But think in this way you need go to the agent office and you also need time & transport if the agent is not near to you.

I dont think Dream Cruise will allow undercutting to their consortium agents. Is the gifts & marketing perks that usually i see from the agents.
fake_oranges likes this.
Winterdews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2019, 11:52 PM   #2552

Maybe but it should be little as their comm not alot.

But think in this way you need go to the agent office and you also need time & transport if the agent is not near to you.

I dont think Dream Cruise will allow undercutting to their consortium agents. Is the gifts & marketing perks that usually i see from the agents.
You have 4 options.
1) Book Dream Cruises online.
2) Book by phoning DC hotline.
You can chose the cabin you want when you talk to their sales but you need to know the floor plan layout.
3)Book at the travel agent office and you can chose the cabin when they show you the floor plan layout.
I chose this option as any dispute or changes is much easier with the TA behind you.
4) Book at the Natas Fair. Sometimes the TA there will throw in extras like free luggage bags.
datolim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2019, 09:29 AM   #2553

You have 4 options.
1) Book Dream Cruises online.
2) Book by phoning DC hotline.
You can chose the cabin you want when you talk to their sales but you need to know the floor plan layout.
3)Book at the travel agent office and you can chose the cabin when they show you the floor plan layout.
I chose this option as any dispute or changes is much easier with the TA behind you.
4) Book at the Natas Fair. Sometimes the TA there will throw in extras like free luggage bags.
Yes especially Natas so many credit card free gift/luggage for min amount charged.
Winterdews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2019, 09:49 AM   #2554
High Supremacy Member

Go to function8 for buffet to avoid apnn, normally the buffet selection has the western + asian food selection.

If not I find the dream dining asian food to be quite good, can request for free topup of any dish.
Free top up but they prioritize for those that came in 1st.

The steakhouse is quite worth it. Even with set meals at $48+15% charge, you can order extra half lobster at $13/ 3 large prawns at $6 / 3 king crab legs at $11. But dun order the king crab legs coz its pathetically small. Just whack some lobster, maybe half for each person. There is also an extra $30 charge on my bill, i think it was for these extra stuff. So best to order more to spread out the $30 costs to make it seem more worth it.

Last edited by shadow84; 26-07-2019 at 09:52 AM..
shadow84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2019, 03:22 PM   #2555

Free top up but they prioritize for those that came in 1st.

The steakhouse is quite worth it. Even with set meals at $48+15% charge, you can order extra half lobster at $13/ 3 large prawns at $6 / 3 king crab legs at $11. But dun order the king crab legs coz its pathetically small. Just whack some lobster, maybe half for each person. There is also an extra $30 charge on my bill, i think it was for these extra stuff. So best to order more to spread out the $30 costs to make it seem more worth it.
When go royal carribean alot ppl order their lobster top up, at GD almost never see anyone order the topup.. maybe also bcoz the GD restaurant service subpar compared to the very enthu RCL ones.. haha
pacificstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2019, 04:44 PM   #2556
High Supremacy Member

When go royal carribean alot ppl order their lobster top up, at GD almost never see anyone order the topup.. maybe also bcoz the GD restaurant service subpar compared to the very enthu RCL ones.. haha
Got a free set meal for my dad birthday so might as well whole family eat there. Better than a bento set at teppanyaki or chinese set meal at silk road restaurant. Since half lobster with claw was cheap, just whack. But waiter nvr tell us there is an additional $30 surcharge till bill came nor was it mentioned in the menu though.

But i went to the teppanyanki restaurant to buy cass beer and soju coz it was damn cheap. Soju 350ml for $5 and 5 cans of beer at $20, exclude 15% surcharge. About same price as Korea. Dabao and brought back to Steakhouse to enjoy with meal. lol.
Old 26-07-2019, 06:15 PM   #2557

Got a free set meal for my dad birthday so might as well whole family eat there. Better than a bento set at teppanyaki or chinese set meal at silk road restaurant. Since half lobster with claw was cheap, just whack. But waiter nvr tell us there is an additional $30 surcharge till bill came nor was it mentioned in the menu though.

But i went to the teppanyanki restaurant to buy cass beer and soju coz it was damn cheap. Soju 350ml for $5 and 5 cans of beer at $20, exclude 15% surcharge. About same price as Korea. Dabao and brought back to Steakhouse to enjoy with meal. lol.
Usually there should only be 15% Surcharges. Wonder what that $30 additional charges really for. Hope is not cockage fees from the Soju you bought from the Uma Japanese Restaurant but mistaken as once you brought onboard from shore.
lilycll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2019, 06:19 PM   #2558
High Supremacy Member

Usually there should only be 15% Surcharges. Wonder what that $30 additional charges really for. Hope is not cockage fees from the Soju you bought from the Uma Japanese Restaurant but mistaken as once you brought onboard from shore.
I aaked if can buy frm jap shop then bring here. They say ok but nvr mention surcharge. Aiyah, will go there once nia, next time wun visit w/o any occassion le. Lol
shadow84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2019, 08:27 PM   #2559

Just back from cruise since my last trip in June. Gotten 21.xx tp and 9503 pp during the trip. Equivalent to around 451 pp per tp earned for table games. Can we use the pp to offset our bill?
Kiasupoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2019, 10:17 PM   #2560

Just back from cruise since my last trip in June. Gotten 21.xx tp and 9503 pp during the trip. Equivalent to around 451 pp per tp earned for table games. Can we use the pp to offset our bill?
You can use PP to offset your bill including Port Charges, Gratuity, Shore Excursion, Drinks, Foods etc. The rate is 100PP to SGD1.

If to use 5000PP to offset SGD50 bills, you might be better off to use the same 5000PP (currently has 10% discount promotion only need 4500PP) to redeem a 3D/2N Balcony Cabin.

Last edited by lilycll; 26-07-2019 at 10:21 PM..
Old 27-07-2019, 12:19 AM   #2561

But why is there a need to book the cabin by pp? GD still providing free cabin and free play. I had book cabin for 2nd Aug Friday cruise with free play, they even offer me with another sub cabin and 2 concert tickets.

You can use PP to offset your bill including Port Charges, Gratuity, Shore Excursion, Drinks, Foods etc. The rate is 100PP to SGD1.

If to use 5000PP to offset SGD50 bills, you might be better off to use the same 5000PP (currently has 10% discount promotion only need 4500PP) to redeem a 3D/2N Balcony Cabin.
Old 27-07-2019, 04:43 AM   #2562

But why is there a need to book the cabin by pp? GD still providing free cabin and free play. I had book cabin for 2nd Aug Friday cruise with free play, they even offer me with another sub cabin and 2 concert tickets.
DC had 'tighten' their complimentary cruise recently when they launched this new Plus Point Program. Not everyone get free cabin or only given lower category Inside Cabin or limited sailing date etc. With PP you can redeem what you want mah.

What concert is that?

Giving sub-cabin plus concert tickets must be another big player.

Last edited by lilycll; 27-07-2019 at 05:07 AM..
Old 27-07-2019, 10:15 AM   #2563

DC had 'tighten' their complimentary cruise recently when they launched this new Plus Point Program. Not everyone get free cabin or only given lower category Inside Cabin or limited sailing date etc. With PP you can redeem what you want mah.

What concert is that?

Giving sub-cabin plus concert tickets must be another big player.
Yes what is going on with GD nowadays.
Kiasupoh just got 21TP and he is getting free cabin and sub cabin and concert tickets.
Have you been on board recently and your GP converted to PP now.
Old 27-07-2019, 10:39 AM   #2564

Yes what is going on with GD nowadays.
Kiasupoh just got 21TP and he is getting free cabin and sub cabin and concert tickets.
Have you been on board recently and your GP converted to PP now.
My balance GP still there. They did not convert them to pp. This is the first trip I went since the PP is launched.

Gotten average of 3 TP on every shoe of $200 baccarat table, sup told me they given me 80% based on on my bettings. Wondering how come I can get 5 tp per shoe on $100 table.
Old 28-07-2019, 11:21 AM   #2565

The $30 surcharge is for the sea food. The lobster is Australian lobster without the claw. And it is a tiny half lobster compared to the whole larger US lobster with claw you get from RCL.

Last edited by datolim; 28-07-2019 at 11:27 AM..
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.