HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Dream Cruise is Docking In Singapore

Like Tree82Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-08-2019, 09:06 PM   #2656

Back from my 09Aug 3N cruise. Due to the monsoon the sea was abit rough and heavy winds along the way.

For those going on Phuket and stopping at the deep sea port. You will need to take the tender boat when disembark roughly 8 to 10mins. The taxi is THB1000 per way to the Phuket City where there will be many touts. I just went down stretch my legs. You can find some stalls selling clothes and food etc once you walk out. If you walk further there will be a 7-11 just outside the main road.

For Penang there was an incident and the ship need to leave and dock again due to very strong waves. Heard one of the gangway was broken. Hopefully no one was injured. For the re-dock they took nearly 1 1/2 hrs and many people was stuck at the immigration. some nearly waited for 2 1/2hrs. It was abit chaotic at the immgration as no clear announcement was made and alot of uncles and aunties was tired and angry and also got some people shouting. Even the dream cruise staffs also duno what happened for those went onshore.

I quite like the crystal asian spa (Deck 5) promotion. 2 package for 30% and 3 package for 50% which i guess is for longer cruise. I can say is worth it. 1 shoulder and foot massage 1hr is $65 so less 50% is very good deal loh. And you can use the facilities which is not bad. Got Steam, Sauna, pool & jacuzzi. Inside the spa also can find jackpot machine lol.

This trip not alot of ah neh. Lido can see the ah neh section really like nobody. Next trip is 16Aug so see if the ahneh really dropped.
How did u book the dates so close? U book using pp?
Derek555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2019, 02:02 AM   #2657

Is early December a good time to go cruise? Was intending to get one to nearby msia or indo for my parents.
School hols so probably more sg crowd and children. Better than more ah nehs 😂
pacificstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2019, 07:10 AM   #2658
Greater Supremacy Member

Back from my 09Aug 3N cruise. Due to the monsoon the sea was abit rough and heavy winds along the way.

For those going on Phuket and stopping at the deep sea port. You will need to take the tender boat when disembark roughly 8 to 10mins. The taxi is THB1000 per way to the Phuket City where there will be many touts. I just went down stretch my legs. You can find some stalls selling clothes and food etc once you walk out. If you walk further there will be a 7-11 just outside the main road.

For Penang there was an incident and the ship need to leave and dock again due to very strong waves. Heard one of the gangway was broken. Hopefully no one was injured. For the re-dock they took nearly 1 1/2 hrs and many people was stuck at the immigration. some nearly waited for 2 1/2hrs. It was abit chaotic at the immgration as no clear announcement was made and alot of uncles and aunties was tired and angry and also got some people shouting. Even the dream cruise staffs also duno what happened for those went onshore.

I quite like the crystal asian spa (Deck 5) promotion. 2 package for 30% and 3 package for 50% which i guess is for longer cruise. I can say is worth it. 1 shoulder and foot massage 1hr is $65 so less 50% is very good deal loh. And you can use the facilities which is not bad. Got Steam, Sauna, pool & jacuzzi. Inside the spa also can find jackpot machine lol.

This trip not alot of ah neh. Lido can see the ah neh section really like nobody. Next trip is 16Aug so see if the ahneh really dropped.
I was on this trip too, at Phuket, the tout was actually quite fairly priced, there was no taxi there, so I used the grab to big c, grab quoted me 450 there, then at big c, the standard listing price to the pier was 500.

But I wouldn’t go big c again, may try central festival next time, or else it was not really worth it to go Phuket usually
Sinkie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2019, 07:57 AM   #2659

I was on this trip too, at Phuket, the tout was actually quite fairly priced, there was no taxi there, so I used the grab to big c, grab quoted me 450 there, then at big c, the standard listing price to the pier was 500.

But I wouldn’t go big c again, may try central festival next time, or else it was not really worth it to go Phuket usually
To me this Phuket cruise is really a cruise to nowhere that is not feasible to go down.

First the timing 7 am arrival and depart at 3 pm. Shops are all closed till 11 am and you have to be back at the pier no later than 2 pm. which means you have a maximum of 2 hours shopping time and the worry of getting back to the ship always.
Ship has to anchor far out and it will take 30 mins by tender boat not counting waiting time.

Still Central is better than Big C. Taxi stand at Big C is a rip off. Grab is no better with surge pricing due to the large influx of people.

Different or better at year end when the ship anchor at Patong.
JohnTKS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2019, 08:07 AM   #2660

To me this Phuket cruise is really a cruise to nowhere that is not feasible to go down.

First the timing 7 am arrival and depart at 3 pm. Shops are all closed till 11 am and you have to be back at the pier no later than 2 pm. which means you have a maximum of 2 hours shopping time and the worry of getting back to the ship always.
Ship has to anchor far out and it will take 30 mins by tender boat not counting waiting time.

Still Central is better than Big C. Taxi stand at Big C is a rip off. Grab is no better with surge pricing due to the large influx of people.

Different or better at year end when the ship anchor at Patong.
It took only 15 min by boat. We went to Central and cashew nut factory by taxi to and fro trip
RockStar9238 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2019, 08:22 AM   #2661

It took only 15 min by boat. We went to Central and cashew nut factory by taxi to and fro trip
How much time did you spend on shore.
Old 14-08-2019, 08:30 AM   #2662

How much time did you spend on shore.
Free and easy a few timing slot to choose. We chose the earliest at 9am. Next will be 10am. Leaving the cruise at abt 9.10am and arrive at 9.25. We went to Cashew nut factory and to Gems international which is a very big building sell gems, souvenir and bags. Next we went to Central and back at 1.30pm. There is pasar malam along the way at the jetty.
Old 14-08-2019, 09:01 AM   #2663

How did u book the dates so close? U book using pp?
I using comp entitlement cabin to book. I hvnt touch my PP yet trying to save for suites lol getting there soon i hope

I think the PP save for cabins is best as no point exchanging it for chip/e-credits is a waste. 3700PP for $50

Before the PP started i already booked a few cruise dates in May like 16aug. Usually for Fri departures i try to book 2 or 3 months in advanced. Last time so easy to book on the website before PP started. Now comp must go thru their membership call center.

For the 9Aug i book on 28dec18. so for long weekends kiasu abit lol.

Last edited by Winterdews; 14-08-2019 at 09:05 AM.. Reason: edit
Winterdews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2019, 09:18 AM   #2664

Free and easy a few timing slot to choose. We chose the earliest at 9am. Next will be 10am. Leaving the cruise at abt 9.10am and arrive at 9.25. We went to Cashew nut factory and to Gems international which is a very big building sell gems, souvenir and bags. Next we went to Central and back at 1.30pm. There is pasar malam along the way at the jetty.
Pasar Malam imagine I did not get down the Gemini ship sometimes when it was dock in the deep sea port.
Cashew nut factory and Gems place the taxi driver get a commission but still if you have never been there it is better than nothing.
You must be good on bargaining with the taxi driver or you take the first taxi that approach you.
It is possible that GD use the ferry boat instead of their own tender boat. Still it goes to the small jetty instead of the dock.
Old 14-08-2019, 09:26 AM   #2665

I using comp entitlement cabin to book. I hvnt touch my PP yet trying to save for suites lol getting there soon i hope

I think the PP save for cabins is best as no point exchanging it for chip/e-credits is a waste. 3700PP for $50

Before the PP started i already booked a few cruise dates in May like 16aug. Usually for Fri departures i try to book 2 or 3 months in advanced. Last time so easy to book on the website before PP started. Now comp must go thru their membership call center.

When you are a High High Roller you don't need a booking.
DG always keep about 10 palace suites for HH Roller walking in.
Old 14-08-2019, 10:22 AM   #2666

When you are a High High Roller you don't need a booking.
DG always keep about 10 palace suites for HH Roller walking in.
nah me small potato not even plat. Only those plat here are the high rollers

Just play enough to get 15 to 30 TP per trip if possible and use my PP to redeem suites

Last edited by Winterdews; 14-08-2019 at 10:23 AM.. Reason: edit
Old 14-08-2019, 11:14 AM   #2667

nah me small potato not even plat. Only those plat here are the high rollers

Just play enough to get 15 to 30 TP per trip if possible and use my PP to redeem suites

Just trying to understand you.
You did not use your PP for this cruise. Comp by GD.
You get 15 to 30 TP per trip.

For Palace that you are aiming for you need 92 TP which way above what you have been getting per trip. So you are a long way off. For this 3N cruise you need 138 TP.

This is also a very special long week end 3N cruise. If you get Comp for this cruise you are a a High Roller by my measure.
Old 14-08-2019, 11:25 AM   #2668
Greater Supremacy Member

How much to pay to go central?
Sinkie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2019, 11:53 AM   #2669

Just trying to understand you.
You did not use your PP for this cruise. Comp by GD.
You get 15 to 30 TP per trip.

For Palace that you are aiming for you need 92 TP which way above what you have been getting per trip. So you are a long way off. For this 3N cruise you need 138 TP.

This is also a very special long week end 3N cruise. If you get Comp for this cruise you are a a High Roller by my measure.
Well hard to explain GD comp cabin logic. I only Gold nia not high roller

Previously before PP started it is easier to get comp cabin and is min balcony cabin. when i booked my 9aug cruise in 28dec18 it even opened up balcony dlx cabin for me to book.

But 1 thing i am very sure and guarantee plus chop that GD has tighten the comp cabin entitlement ever since it started the PP program.

Right now based on today for comp cabin i am only entitle to oceanview till oct and subject to change again If i want balcony i have to use my PP. But i intend to save my PP for suite
Old 14-08-2019, 12:33 PM   #2670

How much to pay to go central?
The driver offered us Thb1200 for round trip unlimited time.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.