HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Dream Cruise is Docking In Singapore

Like Tree108Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-10-2020, 05:32 PM   #3811
Master Member

Singapore Tourism Board eyes 'cruises to nowhere' restart, new safety guidelines

https://www.businesstimes.com.sg/gov...ety-guidelines

Last edited by viethai; 01-10-2020 at 06:29 PM..
viethai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2020, 05:33 PM   #3812
Master Member

Superstar Aquarius no longer at MBCC
Old 01-10-2020, 09:58 PM   #3813

Singapore Tourism Board eyes 'cruises to nowhere' restart, new safety guidelines

https://www.businesstimes.com.sg/gov...ety-guidelines
Oh yes, just saw the news segment of Kieth Tan of STB appearing on CNN International "First Move with Julia Chatterley" 5 mins ago ..... confirming on the cruise to Nowhere ... they are finalizing the safety protocols and will announce once ready .... fingers crossed.
chuppachop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2020, 08:32 AM   #3814

which ship will they deploy to sg? Most likely WD but still hard to say yet.

WD will need 1 month to get itself ready and get certified. Maybe 06Nov start as what i heard.

With limited capacity control i guess there will be high take up rate from members.

I wonder if go pool or inside spa need to wear mask? Really need to see what are the new rules onboard..

Nice as it will not have foreign tourists for now

Most members will not mind if is high seas sailings as they only want it to operate. Better as it will be safer in such a way..

Also there will also be a good number of people who will want a break after 8 months being cook up. So i guess it will have good response for nov and dec cruises.

I have a booking on 8Nov so soon i will know which ship and if there is any further changes to it..

Last edited by Winterdews; 02-10-2020 at 08:44 AM.. Reason: edit
Winterdews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2020, 01:16 PM   #3815
Master Member

personally I prefer cruise to nowhere at this moment, even more comfortable with the 50% capacity.

Think swimming pools will need reservation and only limited numbers of guest in each slot.Just my opinion.

Anyway, its a definitely a heartening news that cruising will resume soon
Old 02-10-2020, 02:49 PM   #3816

It is confirm that WD will be deployed here

I saw my booking change vessel name to world dream.
Whyme66 likes this.
Old 02-10-2020, 06:00 PM   #3817

Drawback is unlike staycation, if someone onboard kena, likely everyone will be quarantine.

Every at 50% capacity, tats at least 1000 to 2000 ppl (including staffs onbaord) and we may face Diamond princess fate- high infection rate.
fxsg123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2020, 06:14 PM   #3818
Master Member

Drawback is unlike staycation, if someone onboard kena, likely everyone will be quarantine.

Every at 50% capacity, tats at least 1000 to 2000 ppl (including staffs onbaord) and we may face Diamond princess fate- high infection rate.
there is always the element of risk as cruise ships are confined space. Have to wait for them to devise the safety protocol
Old 02-10-2020, 08:19 PM   #3819
Arch-Supremacy Member

Wow i don't mind a free 2 weeks extension on board Genting Dream
WestGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2020, 02:34 PM   #3820
Arch-Supremacy Member

#DreamCruises latest picture on their Facebook page confirms that #WorldDream will be back to Asia from Europe, and will go to Singapore as her homeport. Below is the estimated route for the vessel's current reposition voyage:

Oct 05: 埃及塞德港 Port Said, Egypt
Oct 06: 蘇彝士運河 Suez Canal
Oct 11: 阿曼薩拉萊 Salalah, Oman
Oct 26: 新加坡 Singapore

WestGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2020, 11:40 PM   #3821

Think it will take a while before people get over the stigma. Can't imagine being trapped onboard in a tiny room for weeks if someone kena COVID! Stuff of nightmare no matter how introverted yoi are!
whattheflock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2020, 01:24 PM   #3822

I am really missing those cruising days, can't wait to cruise again. It will be great to cruise on World Dream, looking forward a new experience and perhaps some new slot games pnboard
I trust SG govt, if they say cruises are ready, it means ready. As long as the operators and every paxes following all safety measures, there is no problem to cruise in short future, I wish to be the 1st pax to go onboard World Dream.
kia0042 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2020, 01:01 PM   #3823

Most likely need to do and pay for swab test before boarding.
Ah Dong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2020, 04:04 PM   #3824

Most likely need to do and pay for swab test before boarding.
If this is cruise to no where i dont think there will be a test for the passengers.

The ship will need to certified and crew all ok before they can even start operations.

The entire ship crew do PCR test that i confirm will have.

Now is for the public to trust and have confidence for cruising. If they make things hard to cruise confirm not many will go..
Old 07-10-2020, 05:22 PM   #3825
Master Member

If this is cruise to no where i dont think there will be a test for the passengers.

The ship will need to certified and crew all ok before they can even start operations.

The entire ship crew do PCR test that i confirm will have.

Now is for the public to trust and have confidence for cruising. If they make things hard to cruise confirm not many will go..
personally I have no issue going back to cruising, only hope that they enforce the use of trace together onboard...If there were to be an infected case, only those come in close contact will be isolated.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.