Dubai and Abu Dhabi, UAE

jonchar

Reaction score
Just returned from a 6 days visit to Dubai.

It was a fantastic experience. Prior to going, Dubai was probably the last year I would consider for a holiday, as many would just transit there for one night and move on. Despite being there 6 days, I felt I do not have enough time and it will be great if I have another 3/4 days.

Things I did there include visiting Dubai mall, a 15 mins walk away from my hotel, skydiving at The Palm, riding a Camel, downing one full days sking inside Ski dubai, hug, and kiss a penguin inside (yes, in Dubai!), visiting 2 different outlet Malls, ride a Camel, visit Jumerah beach and many more!

xRenol

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Any budget hotel to recommend around Downtown Dubai or Sheikh Zayed Road besides Number One Tower Suites Hotel?

Thanks.

twinklingstars

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm heading to dubai and Abu Dhabi next month but I just saw news today that there might be bomb attacks in dubai. Should I cancel my trip? :(

No use for a Name

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Abu Dhabi has louvre museum. It’s pretty good imo.
Dubai mall is insanely huge... u can get lost in it
Food wise, it’s not cheap & if you are here for Long term, hard to adjust. lol
Was here for a few months. So yea.

belgarathc

Reaction score
Anyone got more tips to share about Dubai? Going there next week
I was there 2 weeks back. Hot and stuffy weather. Great food in general. Level 7 has great views even if it reminds me of Clarke Quay and Singapore River. Too much time spent queueing at burj khalifa, so good if you have lots of time or willing to pay for priority access. Also visited Jebel Al Jais but I don't think it is that great a hike. But it is nice to see the mountains. We enjoyed the 2d1n desert tour more which we did in an earlier trip many years back.

Tormented Soul

Reaction score
I went with Thrifty. Mainly because they have a branch beside my hotel. Less than 30 EUR a day for a Yaris. I managed to avoid tolled roads for my 400km+ drive in UAE.
How you avoid toll roads? Use Google maps and filter by the toll option or

belgarathc

Reaction score
How you avoid toll roads? Use Google maps and filter by the toll option or
Yes, that is what I did. For my destination (Jebel Jais), I see only a small deviation of the route so I went with it. Thrifty staff told me they will charge to my credit card, plus a service charge of course, if I do pass through any tolls.

I also drove to and parked at Mall of the Emirates. There was free parking when I was there.

The customs at Dubai Airport gave me a free sim card with 1gb access for 24 hours. After 24 hrs, you can use their app to top up.

starsvera

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi, anyone went to Abu Dhabi - grand mosque. I read that need to produce neg PCR done within 14 days.

I am considering whether to do a one day trip to Abu Dhabi ( including grand mosque).but PCR cost more than the one day trip.

IcYFl4mEz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
IS Dubai Luxury items(LV , Dior , Chanel , perfume etc) cheaper overall?
Any tax refund?

Hisashiburi

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Which city do u guys recommend for a short day layover?

Abu dhabi , dubai or doha?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.