A Guide to Batam

harky

Great Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
last fri , had a day tour sponsor by company..
SINDO ferry is so hot.. no much aircon.. almost faint.

We went
• Chocolate House (if u dont like Chocolate, better dont waste time)
• Ralph Lauren Polo (if u dont like polo, better dont waste time)
• local tidbits Shop
• Diana Kueh Lapis
• Massage
• BCS Mall
• Golden Prawn 933

did not went to Nagoya Hill Mall due so suddenly change in plan.. some ppl want to go Massage so the tour guide bring us to bcs mall... many cloth but nth much to buy.. but i spent alot @ the super market

Went to Golden Prawn 933 Restaurant..
the foods is so lousy (not nice @ all).. food at mall could be nicer.
company order this
The soup is the horrible one.
DSCF4244.jpg

Dont think the Diana Kueh Lapis is really nice.. as it like soft soft unlike Singapore one..

Dont think batam is fun. nth much fun there.. unless u want to go Massage
U can see some building, build half way or some shop close down liao.

Last edited:

lance88

Reaction score
last fri , had a day tour sponsor by company..
SINDO ferry is so hot.. no much aircon.. almost faint.

We went
• Chocolate House (if u dont like Chocolate, better dont waste time)
• Ralph Lauren Polo (if u dont like polo, better dont waste time)
• local tidbits Shop
• Diana Kueh Lapis
• Massage
• BCS Mall
• Golden Prawn 933

did not went to Nagoya Hill Mall due so suddenly change in plan.. some ppl want to go Massage so the tour guide bring us to bcs mall... many cloth but nth much to buy.. but i spent alot @ the super market

Went to Golden Prawn 933 Restaurant..
the foods is so lousy (not nice @ all).. food at mall could be nicer.
company order this
The soup is the horrible one.
DSCF4244.jpg

Dont think the Diana Kueh Lapis is really nice.. as it like soft soft unlike Singapore one..

Dont think batam is fun. nth much fun there.. unless u want to go Massage
U can see some building, build half way or some shop close down liao.

LOL because the one your company got its the same one as groupon or any coupon around. It just sucks but cheap. Diana kueh lapis is not the good one there. GP 933 sucks too, but im not sure if there is any differences if you go there without coupon.

Extremme

Master Member
Reaction score
hi, I am going for a short staycation at Harris Waterfront Resort. Intend to take SINDO ferry to Waterfront Ferry Terminal. How much is the taxi fare from terminal to the Harris Resort?

Thks

harky

Great Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
but GP 933 is famous for tourist isnt it?

the kueh lapis is not bad.. i know that are another brand one.. tht one i dont really like

LOL because the one your company got its the same one as groupon or any coupon around. It just sucks but cheap. Diana kueh lapis is not the good one there. GP 933 sucks too, but im not sure if there is any differences if you go there without coupon.

travellover

Reaction score
The resort provide free shuttle pick up service. You will see their orange color van or bus park outside the ferry terminal.

hi, I am going for a short staycation at Harris Waterfront Resort. Intend to take SINDO ferry to Waterfront Ferry Terminal. How much is the taxi fare from terminal to the Harris Resort?

Thks

vtecXx

Reaction score
Can we bring water thru the security checks at the ferry terminal? Isit like airport?

BluBlur

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can we bring water thru the security checks at the ferry terminal? Isit like airport?

i vaguely remember the return trip at Batam Centre xray scanner, there was a bin for water bottles.

more important do not talk loudly at the immigration, at any of their ferry terminals. Will risk being turned back on the spot.

Delsamor

Banned
Reaction score
going there this weekend with SO
how do you tell if those massage /spa have 'extra' and those clean ones?

Some of the clean one have extra also lah...my friend even encounter one clean spa offering extra for female...

Try sport massage or the eska, I don't think they have extra hahaha. Wait, are you looking for extra with your SO..?

Reaction score
Some of the clean one have extra also lah...my friend even encounter one clean spa offering extra for female...

Try sport massage or the eska, I don't think they have extra hahaha. Wait, are you looking for extra with your SO..?
no lar
looking for those clean ones without extra

but i have heard of some clean ones with a huge personal spa for 2

haha

boiboi123

Reaction score
I went Restaurant Sei Enam Seafood Batam , although price wasn't cheap compare to 933 and wey wey but confirm food taste much more better.

i ended up going there too, i thought it was pricey compared to what others have been saying about 933/wey wey (i think i ended up spending maybe like $30-40 per person, but it was really good and worth every cent

Delsamor

Banned
Reaction score
With the recent terror activity and focused on targeting Singaporean in Batam, I think it is a very dangerous time to go now. They could change their attack strategy to using guns or knives and even kidnapping has a better success rate than shooting a rocket.

jacktansy

Reaction score
With the recent terror activity and focused on targeting Singaporean in Batam, I think it is a very dangerous time to go now. They could change their attack strategy to using guns or knives and even kidnapping has a better success rate than shooting a rocket.

yes, can avoid try to avoid. no place is safe now

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.