Hiking shoe

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-09-2017, 04:07 PM   #91

Is decathlon shoes good?
MoneyElite.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2017, 03:49 AM   #92

Is decathlon shoes good?
Came back from hiking in Norway with a swollen ankle. Not the shoes probably. But it did serve me well. I got the non slip low cut one. Around $60~
feigningfancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2017, 09:59 AM   #93

Came back from hiking in Norway with a swollen ankle. Not the shoes probably. But it did serve me well. I got the non slip low cut one. Around $60~
It is best to have a good assessment on your feet profile. Can do at any of the sports shops in Velocity. Then they will advise you what type of shoes to get. Sometimes, we may need high arch shoes and not many shoes are high arch type.
For me, I need high arch support so walking for long distances, also no pain.
sendtolee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2017, 03:43 PM   #94

I bought the Decathlon Forclaz 100 mid-cut boot. Quality and traction is good for the price. Waterproof, very lightweight. Excellent value for money.

But the toebox is a bit narrow for me. I normally wear size 42 shoes, but I bought 43 for this. It feels fine at first, but after prolonged wear, my big toe hurt. Still a bit tight in the toe area. Of course everyone's feet are different, so you might not have this issue.

I replaced the insoles with even thinner ones to give my feet more space, which made it better.

Is decathlon shoes good?
butterbarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2018, 10:50 PM   #95
N

I benefitted from this thread, so I thought I should contribute back.

The RSH warehouse sale is back. It was crazily crowded despite being a weekday. Perhaps exacerbated by the fact that PC show is at MBS (nearby)

Men's hiking shoes are good as none. Moab 1 mid left US size 12 last piece. No Moab2.
Women's hiking shoes have more luck. Moab1 and others.

Lots of S and M sized wicking tops and bottoms. Most tops $12 most bottoms $20. Nike and Underarmour still a bit expensive.

no specific hiking attire but... heck, as long it wicks it should work as a good base layer.

That's it!
Old 01-06-2018, 09:36 AM   #96

Where is it?

I benefitted from this thread, so I thought I should contribute back.

The RSH warehouse sale is back. It was crazily crowded despite being a weekday. Perhaps exacerbated by the fact that PC show is at MBS (nearby)

Men's hiking shoes are good as none. Moab 1 mid left US size 12 last piece. No Moab2.
Women's hiking shoes have more luck. Moab1 and others.

Lots of S and M sized wicking tops and bottoms. Most tops $12 most bottoms $20. Nike and Underarmour still a bit expensive.

no specific hiking attire but... heck, as long it wicks it should work as a good base layer.

That's it!
butterbarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 09:59 AM   #97
Supremacy Member

Where is it?
Suntec until Sunday.
Habrosus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 10:58 AM   #98

I bought the MOAB2 for myself few months ago at 20% off in RSH. No regrets with it. Been to a few places and gonna put it to the ultimate test at Rinjani at the end of this month. If you're interested in this, RSH is having 15% off for 1 item, or 20% off for 2 items at their normal stores.
Old 05-08-2018, 10:43 PM   #99
Master Member

hi all,

I had purchased a merrell moab mid-cut hiking boots two years ago and wore it for my Nepal trip last year. it was comfy, although a bit heavier than I liked, but after the 2 week trek I had noticed bruising near the base of my big toe...

I wore it again recently on a trek up bukit Timah hill and noticed similar bruising. I suspect that the shoe may have something to do with it...

I am deciding to get a new pair but not sure what other brands I should try. am going to Nepal again end of this year. any recommendations?

should I buy from Queensway or will there be a sale sometime soon? :]
maumu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 08:30 AM   #100
Great Supremacy Member

hi all,

I had purchased a merrell moab mid-cut hiking boots two years ago and wore it for my Nepal trip last year. it was comfy, although a bit heavier than I liked, but after the 2 week trek I had noticed bruising near the base of my big toe...

I wore it again recently on a trek up bukit Timah hill and noticed similar bruising. I suspect that the shoe may have something to do with it...

I am deciding to get a new pair but not sure what other brands I should try. am going to Nepal again end of this year. any recommendations?

should I buy from Queensway or will there be a sale sometime soon? :]
Google for something with a wide toe box and videos on how to tie your laces to relief pressure on your toes.

Iíve switched over to trail runners though. So much lighter. I really love the salomon speedcross 4 but it gets shredded on scree.
Din0saurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 10:45 AM   #101
Master Member

Google for something with a wide toe box and videos on how to tie your laces to relief pressure on your toes.

Iíve switched over to trail runners though. So much lighter. I really love the salomon speedcross 4 but it gets shredded on scree.
actually the moab is quite wide already... funny that I only got bruising on my right toe but not left. maybe it is the structure of my feet...

this time round I really want a lightweight one for my Nepal trek but still need gortex/waterproof due to possible snow. also going for low cut (and add on gaiter to prevent small stones from entering).

don't see any more sales around... although GSS is supposedly still ongoing. maybe i'll just pop by Queensway and see how. it's still the cheapest place for footwear, right?
Old 06-08-2018, 04:19 PM   #102
Great Supremacy Member

actually the moab is quite wide already... funny that I only got bruising on my right toe but not left. maybe it is the structure of my feet...

this time round I really want a lightweight one for my Nepal trek but still need gortex/waterproof due to possible snow. also going for low cut (and add on gaiter to prevent small stones from entering).

don't see any more sales around... although GSS is supposedly still ongoing. maybe i'll just pop by Queensway and see how. it's still the cheapest place for footwear, right?
The salomon speedcross 4 has a goretex version but I prefer the non-goretex 1 because itís not as warm. Iíve worn trail runners in terrain that requires an ice axe and it wasnít a problem.

I used to buy salomon at sportslink which is like the factory outlet of world of sports but they donít stock them anymore. Last time I was there I saw Hoka and they get great reviews, so you might want to check them out.
Din0saurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 10:16 PM   #103
Master Member

in the end I got north face. 30% offer now till sunday...

quite lightweight, gortex, low-cut, elaborate sole. the toe area is more cushy.

hopefully it's reliable.
Old 20-08-2018, 09:26 AM   #104

North Face is legit - should be great if the size is correct
Old 11-10-2018, 08:51 PM   #105

Looking to buy a hiking boot (those shorter than our army boots type) and looking at Lowa. Would it suffer the same fate of the sole splitting from the "body" if I dun wear it for a long time?
nuky8181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.