HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Krisflyer miles redemption

Like Tree18Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-07-2017, 07:11 PM   #151
Supremacy Member

I tried that. But the problem is you have to go through Krisflyer, send in redemption form, Krisflyer will then send the request to ANA; wait for them to reply, then Krisflyer gets back to you with the results.

Usually the seats for redemption are highly limited. So it is kind of troublesome especially if you prefer to go on certain dates.

However, if you redeem directly via Krisflyer by booking SQ, you will know if the dates are available and also get confirmation immediately if your redemption is successful.

Less stressful this way although there is a chance you may need more miles to redeem but worth it cause of the reasons I mentioned above

Hope it helps
~Dragonite~ likes this.
Old 05-07-2017, 10:50 AM   #152

Ok noted. Appreciate the advice. Thanks!
~Dragonite~ likes this.
choco_holics13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 07:01 PM   #153
Arch-Supremacy Member

I tried that. But the problem is you have to go through Krisflyer, send in redemption form, Krisflyer will then send the request to ANA; wait for them to reply, then Krisflyer gets back to you with the results.

Usually the seats for redemption are highly limited. So it is kind of troublesome especially if you prefer to go on certain dates.

However, if you redeem directly via Krisflyer by booking SQ, you will know if the dates are available and also get confirmation immediately if your redemption is successful.

Less stressful this way although there is a chance you may need more miles to redeem but worth it cause of the reasons I mentioned above

Hope it helps
You can call Krisflyer reservation hotline to do a star alliance redemption. No need to fill in any forms. The reservation centre can check availability on the fly
~Dragonite~ likes this.
ceecookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2017, 10:43 AM   #154

is it better to get a pair of free ticket or upgrade to business class?
~Dragonite~ likes this.
jaysontanqy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2017, 03:04 PM   #155

is it better to get a pair of free ticket or upgrade to business class?
just redeem biz class straight. Upgrading to the next class is not worth it as you are usually required to purchase more expensive fare/class.
~Dragonite~ likes this.
Arcanell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2017, 10:56 AM   #156

thanks for the advice!
~Dragonite~ likes this.
jaysontanqy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2017, 07:10 PM   #157
High Supremacy Member

When miles are used to redeem one way ticket, is the return ticket bought in a separate session? I see one way tix is more expensive than 2 way ones ...
lambo_elemento is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2017, 04:15 PM   #158

When miles are used to redeem one way ticket, is the return ticket bought in a separate session? I see one way tix is more expensive than 2 way ones ...
1 way ticket pricing is usually not worth buying vs its return trip pricing. If you must redeem 1 way, then look for other alternatives to return like budget airlines.
worldrally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 06:59 AM   #159

I always ensure I have enough kf points to redeem for return flight. But it's never worth it to buy one way ticket. Never do it for a full fledge airline.

Old 03-08-2017, 08:21 AM   #160
Arch-Supremacy Member

I always ensure I have enough kf points to redeem for return flight. But it's never worth it to buy one way ticket. Never do it for a full fledge airline.
It's subjective and depending on the desired award ticket. Some people rather redeem a one way business or first ticket and then get a paid economy ticket for the return segment.
Old 03-08-2017, 10:01 AM   #161
Master Member

I always ensure I have enough kf points to redeem for return flight. But it's never worth it to buy one way ticket.
Short answer - it depends.

Long answer - before recent KF devaluation (have not checked the status since that) there were certain destinations where you will get full blown YQ for several hundred dollars on return ticket but you would not on one way. HKG comes to mind - on FT there are couple of threads in SQ forum about this.
invisible999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2017, 09:34 AM   #162

not anymore the 'best'. you are looking at around 25% more miles required for Europe redemption ticket. If you don't mind having 1-2 stop, other *A partner offer more competitive rates
like emirates? I saw that ican redeem emirates flight using krisflyer but can't find any place to do so. Or is there any other *A's more suitable for flying to europe?
helloworld321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2017, 09:59 AM   #163
Arch-Supremacy Member

like emirates? I saw that ican redeem emirates flight using krisflyer but can't find any place to do so. Or is there any other *A's more suitable for flying to europe?
No. Emirates is not a *A partner so won't be able to redeem on that airline.

Hotline will advice on partner airlines available for your desired airport
Old 04-12-2017, 01:31 AM   #164

Hi Guys,

Planning to go Cape Town next year. Any advise on Krisflyer redemption. Need to redeem tickets for 2 pax.
1renatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 02:17 AM   #165

Oh btw, plan to redeem 2 biz class tickets.
1renatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.