Like Tree19Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-09-2018, 02:00 PM   #226
Arch-Supremacy Member

Still no news on the upcoming Spontaneous Escape promotion
dilphinus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2018, 05:24 PM   #227
Arch-Supremacy Member

Just checked and promo is out. It's not for where I want to go (USA promo)

The 30% off for selected destinations don't include first class(for Beijing) and no promo for Kathmandu argh.
Old 17-09-2018, 06:22 PM   #228

10chars
Just checked and promo is out. It's not for where I want to go (USA promo)

The 30% off for selected destinations don't include first class(for Beijing) and no promo for Kathmandu argh.
juxtaposition is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2018, 12:30 AM   #229
Supremacy Member

Anyone successfully claimed Krisflyer miles for Turkish Airline flights before? By right we should be able to claim miles for any star alliance partners?

Or am I getting it wrong?

Keep getting an "invalid destination code " message upon submitting the online form.
gamerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 10:36 PM   #230
High Supremacy Member

Quick question.

If you purchased 6 SIA tickets for the family, how come you get awarded krisflyer miles for only Yourself, but not the other 5 family members who are kids or elderly without krisflyer account?
focus1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 11:22 PM   #231
Arch-Supremacy Member

Quick question.

If you purchased 6 SIA tickets for the family, how come you get awarded krisflyer miles for only Yourself, but not the other 5 family members who are kids or elderly without krisflyer account?
Miles can only accrue for yourself. Ticket name and frequent flyer membership name must match.

Kids and elderly can also have their own frequent flyer membership.
Old 09-11-2018, 01:07 AM   #232
High Supremacy Member

Miles can only accrue for yourself. Ticket name and frequent flyer membership name must match.

Kids and elderly can also have their own frequent flyer membership.
Thanks.
Just ask my wife to sign up for each and every member of the family!

So .. the miles can be transferred ?? Very very noob.. first time doing miles..
Old 09-11-2018, 09:49 AM   #233

- so sad u can only get miles for your own booking wish could get for everybody in booking
focus1974 likes this.
Old 09-11-2018, 05:42 PM   #234
High Supremacy Member

- so sad u can only get miles for your own booking wish could get for everybody in booking
There must be a hack for it... but i don't know it!

I mean the logic is weird..

If u book 1 flight for yourself, u need to book 6 times to get the points.
If i booked for family trip, it's 6 tickets per trip.

To SIA, they are penalising a person who purchased 6 tickets for one flight versus a person who purchased 1 ticket for 6 different flights. When the total value of the purchase are the same.

Is there other airlines that would allow points to be accrued to the same person for the same flight? If got, i intend to book flights on that for family holidays. More worth it to get points.

Last edited by focus1974; 09-11-2018 at 06:50 PM..
Old 09-11-2018, 07:53 PM   #235
Arch-Supremacy Member

There must be a hack for it... but i don't know it!

I mean the logic is weird..

If u book 1 flight for yourself, u need to book 6 times to get the points.
If i booked for family trip, it's 6 tickets per trip.

To SIA, they are penalising a person who purchased 6 tickets for one flight versus a person who purchased 1 ticket for 6 different flights. When the total value of the purchase are the same.

Is there other airlines that would allow points to be accrued to the same person for the same flight? If got, i intend to book flights on that for family holidays. More worth it to get points.
Your logic is weird. How about I get the miles for the flights you've flown?
Old 09-11-2018, 09:19 PM   #236
High Supremacy Member

Your logic is weird. How about I get the miles for the flights you've flown?
That's because you think of Miles as PER PERSON when in fact it should be viewed of as Points like Credit card.

When you spend $$ on a credit card, the item bought can be for anyone, but the points all accrued to you because you are using your credit card.

likewise, when you spend $$$ to buy airtickets for anyone, the miles should be accrued to you as long as you provide the Krisflyer account number to deposit into.

I mean that's how i expect Krisflyer account to oeprate .. like a credit card model.

Anyway, does no matter, this is the first time I am trying to play with miles.
All along, i've been booking SIA tickets for the family without a krisflyer account. Got interested in this using miles to upgrade to business class ..that's why i am exploring and found it strange why it must be tied to per person and not treated like a credit card way of points accumulation.

Nevermind, no need to reply. you all think it's normal and nobody here can change a thing about the current system. So I think i give up on this miles accumulation thingy.
Old 09-11-2018, 10:47 PM   #237
WJY
Master Member

That's because you think of Miles as PER PERSON when in fact it should be viewed of as Points like Credit card.

When you spend $$ on a credit card, the item bought can be for anyone, but the points all accrued to you because you are using your credit card.

likewise, when you spend $$$ to buy airtickets for anyone, the miles should be accrued to you as long as you provide the Krisflyer account number to deposit into.

I mean that's how i expect Krisflyer account to oeprate .. like a credit card model.

All along, i've been booking SIA tickets for the family without a krisflyer account. Got interested in this using miles to upgrade to business class ..that's why i am exploring and found it strange why it must be tied to per person and not treated like a credit card way of points accumulation.

Nevermind, no need to reply. you all think it's normal and nobody here can change a thing about the current system. So I think i give up on this miles accumulation thingy.

easier way to earn miles will be via miles credit card where you can accumulate spending of main and sub card.
focus1974 likes this.
WJY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 09:29 PM   #238

Let say Iím flying from

Singapore - Frankfurt - New York.

And back

SFO - Tokyo - singapore

Realize the cost of return fight is cheaper. So I would say itís more worth it to pay for the return flight?

And Iím considering if itís worth redeeming business class to or back? Any thoughts?
helloworld321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2018, 04:29 PM   #239
Master Member

The miles given by airlines is reward for flying. If u book ticket n never fly, you wonít get the miles also. That why it is call frequent flyer mile.
SBS2716G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2018, 10:15 AM   #240

What’s best credit card to get SQ miles plz?
basicbrenda is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.