HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Krisflyer miles redemption

Like Tree19Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-06-2019, 11:14 AM   #346

I think it really depends on how many ppl book full price .... kind of lottery
Yes, no one can answer that.
Sometimes if you are lucky the waitlist slot frees up a week after you reserve, other times it frees up a week before you travel. Sometimes it just doesn't free up at all.
minamikaze is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2019, 02:05 PM   #347

anyone managed to book saver first class suites x 2 to london or zurich?
what's your experience like?

tried looking but couldn't seem to find any available tix regardless how far ahead i looked
travel dates flexible, just wanted to try the suites once in my lifetime...
applefreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2019, 06:12 PM   #348

Maybe they block out using miles on more popular routes because always have paying customers? .... or maybe planes flying that route don’t have suites?
daddydandyforu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2019, 08:40 PM   #349
Arch-Supremacy Member

Maybe they block out using miles on more popular routes because always have paying customers? .... or maybe planes flying that route donít have suites?
Nope, they don't. The nbr of redemption and upgrade seats quota is there and even if there are empty redemption and upgrade seats, these seats don't open up to paying customers.

I used to work in SQ.
dilphinus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2019, 09:25 PM   #350

these are routes with suites
can't choose only suites in redemption, only show as first / suites
advantage redemption is available but that's 220k per pax
don't have that many miles

hoping to hear from those successful and how they did it
e.g. check online every week, booking through the phone instead of online, booking tomorrow's flight instead of far ahead etc
Old 28-06-2019, 10:51 PM   #351
Arch-Supremacy Member

these are routes with suites
can't choose only suites in redemption, only show as first / suites
advantage redemption is available but that's 220k per pax
don't have that many miles

hoping to hear from those successful and how they did it
e.g. check online every week, booking through the phone instead of online, booking tomorrow's flight instead of far ahead etc
Do you have PPS status? If not, don't bother to keep calling. Makes no difference in the waitlist queue regardless you make the reservation online or thru calling. What matters is your PPS membership. The higher the rank, the higher your waitlist priority.

You wanna try suites, go for the routes that's not so popular.
dilphinus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2019, 03:09 PM   #352

Do you have PPS status? If not, don't bother to keep calling. Makes no difference in the waitlist queue regardless you make the reservation online or thru calling. What matters is your PPS membership. The higher the rank, the higher your waitlist priority.

You wanna try suites, go for the routes that's not so popular.
unfortunately i'm not there yet...

sigh... guess i'll have to try shanghai then
wasn't my first choice as a five-hour flight doesn't seem really ideal to try out the suites
Old 10-07-2019, 10:30 AM   #353

One-Way redemption vs Round-Trip redemption

I am looking at Krisflyer mileage redemption for Singapore <--> Iceland (via Copenhagen). The round trip redemption booking cost 90,000 miles but the return leg does not allow direct flight from Copenhagen to Singapore. It must be a transit flight via Frankfurt.

If, however, I book each legs as One-Way. I am able to have direct flight from Copenhagen to Singapore:

Singapore --> Copenhagen (one-way) 38,000 miles + S$52
Copenhagen --> Reykjavik --> Copenhagen (round trip) 25,000 miles +DKK284
Copenhagen --> Singapore ( one-way ) 38,000 miles + DKK161

It will cost me 101,000 miles ( vs 90,000 miles ) with lesser cash payment plus I get direct flight on the way back and I can even layover a few days in Copenhagen.

My question is, I have not done booking in this manner before. Is it safe to do so? Are there any problem that I may encounter with such one-way booking vs the round trip booking I am used to?

Thanks for any advice or opinion!!
260Wolskel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 01:45 PM   #354
Master Member

I am looking at Krisflyer mileage redemption for Singapore <--> Iceland (via Copenhagen). The round trip redemption booking cost 90,000 miles but the return leg does not allow direct flight from Copenhagen to Singapore. It must be a transit flight via Frankfurt.

If, however, I book each legs as One-Way. I am able to have direct flight from Copenhagen to Singapore:

Singapore --> Copenhagen (one-way) 38,000 miles + S$52
Copenhagen --> Reykjavik --> Copenhagen (round trip) 25,000 miles +DKK284
Copenhagen --> Singapore ( one-way ) 38,000 miles + DKK161

It will cost me 101,000 miles ( vs 90,000 miles ) with lesser cash payment plus I get direct flight on the way back and I can even layover a few days in Copenhagen.

My question is, I have not done booking in this manner before. Is it safe to do so? Are there any problem that I may encounter with such one-way booking vs the round trip booking I am used to?

Thanks for any advice or opinion!!

Your new trip is also round trips.. but two rounds trips.. SIN-CPH-SIN and CPH-KEF-CPH.
problem with this is that you might miss your connection flight at CPH to KEF (Reykjavik) depending on the connection time. SQ wont be responsible to rebook you.

actually, it will be better to utilize the miles on a 1-way business class redemption (more worth it). and buy a 1-way ticket back to Sin
260Wolskel likes this.
SBS2716G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 01:55 PM   #355
Master Member

Are stopovers allowed for one way business saver redemption?

I tried booking online and got an error message saying stopovers aren't not allowed. But i read somewhere online that i can have stopovers if i pay USD100 or something. planning to book TPE - SIN - CHC, with several months stopover in SIN

Sent from Samsung SM-N960F using GAGT
ashethen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 04:03 PM   #356

Are stopovers allowed for one way business saver redemption?

I tried booking online and got an error message saying stopovers aren't not allowed. But i read somewhere online that i can have stopovers if i pay USD100 or something. planning to book TPE - SIN - CHC, with several months stopover in SIN

Sent from Samsung SM-N960F using GAGT
yes, but must call in to SQ for the stop over. google around, there's a few articles on it
adgjl321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 04:50 PM   #357

Your new trip is also round trips.. but two rounds trips.. SIN-CPH-SIN and CPH-KEF-CPH.
Ah... this is interesting! I never thought of that! Thank you !!
260Wolskel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 05:21 PM   #358
Supremacy Member

Heng ah, my Sakura 2020 suites bookings changed from old suites to new suites. Supposedly SQ switching in a new a380 from Oct2019 onwards. Now to cross fingers for 8 months hope they don't switch it back (or even worse, switch to b777/787/a350 lol).
Old 11-07-2019, 09:49 PM   #359

Heng ah, my Sakura 2020 suites bookings changed from old suites to new suites. Supposedly SQ switching in a new a380 from Oct2019 onwards. Now to cross fingers for 8 months hope they don't switch it back (or even worse, switch to b777/787/a350 lol).
can share how far ahead you had to book?
think of booking the suites but can't seem to find availability easily...
googled around and it seems like most booked about a week or two
that's too short to plan a trip...
Old 11-07-2019, 10:33 PM   #360
Arch-Supremacy Member

hi, noob here
is it make sense to redeem one way ticket?
like i only have enough point to redeem one way business class tix to tokyo
and i want to experience flight in business class...
sevensomerset is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.