www.hardwarezone.com.sg


www.hardwarezone.com.sg (/)
-   Travel and Accommodation (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/travel-accommodation-89/)
-   -   Los Angeles & Las Vegas Factory Outlets (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/travel-accommodation-89/los-angeles-las-vegas-factory-outlets-3008757.html)

Iloveholiday 30-11-2010 06:41 PM

Los Angeles & Las Vegas Factory Outlets
 
Any recommended factory outlet shopping In Los Angeles and Las Vegas?

FYI, i will be staying at knotts berry farm hotel in LA and Rivieria Hotel in Vegas. Any reviews on these 2 mentioned hotels as well? Thanks!

klanse 30-11-2010 06:58 PM

Desert Hills Premium Outlets -One of the best and biggest. Have shops like Gucci, Prada, YSL, Burberry, Jimmy Choo,......... But abit far from LA downtown.

Never heard of these two hotels but you can check out reviews on Yelp.
Rivieria Hotel Review
Knottss Berry Farm Resort Hotel Review

patryn33 01-12-2010 01:09 AM

vega hotels are cheap! why Rivieria Hotel in Vegas?

Iloveholiday 01-12-2010 02:15 AM

How far is dessert hill outlet from anaheim? Approx how many hrs?

I booked a land tour package and the hotels come with it. I just read some of the reviews from tripadvisor, seems like i will have a nightmare over the rooms at knotts. :(

My itinerary also come with San Fran to Napa Valley for wine tasting and back to San Fran, Anybody know if it is worth to go there? I am thinking of skipping it and not go to Napa valley...

Iloveholiday 01-12-2010 02:27 AM

Here is my Itinerary.... Doubt I will stay one full day at california adventure... probably will leave in the noon then go for extra shopping. :)

More advice needed... Thanks!

Day 1: SG > LA
Free Day
Day2: Disneyland
Day3: Universal Studio & Hollywood tour
Day 4: LA > Vegas
Free Day
Day 5: Vegas>Hoover Dam> Grand Canyon>Vegas
Day 6: Vegas > Factory Outlets > LA
Day 7: LA > 17 Miles?? (Dunno wth, probably quite boring) > San Fran
Day 8: San Fran > Napa Valley > SFO
Day 9: SFO > Yosemite > LA
Day 10: California Adventure
Day 11: LA Depart to Narita Toyko (extension 6 days in tokyo F & E)

therat 01-12-2010 09:48 AM

For distance you can try mapquest.com

dessert hill outlet from anaheim.. I think is 1hr plus to 2 hrs drive.

Disneyland need 2 days b'coz it has 2 parks. And there is a shopping lane inbetween the 2 parks. Don't miss it.

Unioversal studio already take 1 days
Hollywood tour - see what?

Las Vegas has 2 factory outlets. Which factory outlets you will be going?

fone 01-12-2010 11:16 AM

Try getting estimate of driving time on google maps (not sure if mapquest gives est driving time). Need to see traffic though. Usually driving outwards from downtown is ok in morning, vice versa for evening time. Jams in many places during public holidays, had taken 3 hours for the usual 1 hour journey to dessert hills on memorial day weekend.

Which part of canyon you going to and how you getting there? Me took 5 to 6 hours just to get from Vegas to south rim. Hard for you to do it and get back if driving.

For Day 6, I presume you meant Vegas factory outlets? The one I usually go to is very near Vegas, bout just 5 to 10 mins drive. And how long you going to shop? Are you going to drive back at night?

Check out driving time for day 9, you might not have much time for sightseeing already.

therat 01-12-2010 02:01 PM

mapquest does gives est driving time and how many miles to cover.

I use mapquest to direct me while I'm at USA for 2 wks w/o GPS.
Just purely mapquest.

Iloveholiday 01-12-2010 02:44 PM

@therat: I dunno what is the hollywood tour all about becoz this is the itinerary given by their local tour operator. okie, will try out the mapquest later. :) As per your suggestion, I am thinking of going dessert hill outlet for day 1 because I will arrive very early in the morning. Hmm... the problem is I wonder if there is bus to go there coz we are not driving.

I am likely to go Las Vegas Premium Outlet, which is the nearest. I estimated using the taxi calculator yesterday, should be ard 15usd per trip and I think it is pretty fine. I am going on the Day 4.

I am not sure which factory outlet the tour guide will bring us to on Day 6. Probably one of the factory outlets in between LA & Vegas? Any idea? I will know upon arrival. Going around USA without GPS for 2 week?? Wah!! you are damn good... I will get lost finding roads in sg, not to say states. :D

@fone: have you been to yosemite? nice or not? I will be going canyon west rim...

fone 01-12-2010 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iloveholiday (Post 50826279)
I am likely to go Las Vegas Premium Outlet, which is the nearest. I estimated using the taxi calculator yesterday, should be ard 15usd per trip and I think it is pretty fine. I am going on the Day 4.

remember to tip your taxi driver.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iloveholiday (Post 50826279)
I am not sure which factory outlet the tour guide will bring us to on Day 6. Probably one of the factory outlets in between LA & Vegas? Any idea? I will know upon arrival. Going around USA without GPS for 2 week?? Wah!! you are damn good... I will get lost finding roads in sg, not to say states. :D

Guided tour or free and easy? Yes, probably the one in between, can use for toilet breaks too.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iloveholiday (Post 50826279)
@fone: have you been to yosemite? nice or not? I will be going canyon west rim...

Nope, only been to Yellowstone. Guided tour to canyon ar? Cuz I thought (I might be wrong) that west only if you pay for the guided tour, which includes transport from vegas??

Iloveholiday 01-12-2010 04:41 PM

Erm... partially guided I would say, dunno how to explain.. haha... probably more for like sitting their coach and go to that area. That's y i can choose to opt out some places if I am going back to the same hotel by end of the day.

In fact, there are 2 days on my own and in fact days to disney, universal and california park are all on our own. Major attractions and transport to different parts will be with guided tour coz all these more difficult to access for us if we are not driving. :)

therat 01-12-2010 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iloveholiday (Post 50826279)
@therat: I dunno what is the hollywood tour all about becoz this is the itinerary given by their local tour operator. okie, will try out the mapquest later. :) As per your suggestion, I am thinking of going dessert hill outlet for day 1 because I will arrive very early in the morning. Hmm... the problem is I wonder if there is bus to go there coz we are not driving.

Don't think there is bus to dessert hill.
In USA , if don't drive , basically handicap

You need to give some time to adjust the jet-lap.

Quote:

I am likely to go Las Vegas Premium Outlet, which is the nearest. I estimated using the taxi calculator yesterday, should be ard 15usd per trip and I think it is pretty fine. I am going on the Day 4.
There are 2 premium outlet in LV. One of the west , one of the east.
In USA, Taxi don't see on the street , like you see in Singapore.
You need to call to book a cab and wait.
remember to tip the taxi driver. est 10% of the cab fare.


Quote:

I am not sure which factory outlet the tour guide will bring us to on Day 6. Probably one of the factory outlets in between LA & Vegas? Any idea? I will know upon arrival. Going around USA without GPS for 2 week?? Wah!! you are damn good... I will get lost finding roads in sg, not to say states. :D
Follow tour, should be that outlet. Normally will stop like 2 hrs for shopping. No kicks.



Quote:

@fone: have you been to yosemite? nice or not? I will be going canyon west rim...
Yosemite .. nice.
Canyon west.. coach or flight


I plan a family trip to USA for 2 weeks.
LA --> San Deigo --> LV --> LA
been to 5 factory outlet.

Shop until I so song

This is one of the popular factory outlet chain in West coast
http://www.premiumoutlets.com/

Register as member. Print out the voucher (know which outlet you will be going 1st). The discount voucher change frequently. So check regular.
Sometime you might find very good discount.

My best voucher is Nautica $10 off for min $10 purchase
We just go in and look for $10 item. Take and show the voucher.
Item become FOC. :s13:

therat 01-12-2010 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iloveholiday (Post 50829066)
In fact, there are 2 days on my own and in fact days to disney, universal and california park are all on our own. Major attractions and transport to different parts will be with guided tour coz all these more difficult to access for us if we are not driving. :)

Some hotel provide free hotel shuttle service to disneyland and universal studio.
Check with the hotel, and the bus time table.

where is california park?

klanse 01-12-2010 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iloveholiday (Post 50816224)
My itinerary also come with San Fran to Napa Valley for wine tasting and back to San Fran, Anybody know if it is worth to go there? I am thinking of skipping it and not go to Napa valley...

Napa Vally is really beautiful place but nothing much to do except enjoy the scenery and tour the winery. or you can bike around but I dont think there is any place to rent bike.
If you stayed in SF, you can go to Pier39, Union Square, Golden Gate, Golden gate park, Museum. If you are interest in art, they are exhibiting Van Gogh, Gauguin's artworks in De Young which is in the middle of GG park. You can also ride cable cars

Iloveholiday 01-12-2010 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by therat (Post 50829667)
Some hotel provide free hotel shuttle service to disneyland and universal studio.
Check with the hotel, and the bus time table.

where is california park?

California adventure park is also in LA. haven't really google on what is good inside.

Therat, which outlet you are referring? the one that will stop 2 hours.
Ya, I also think 2 hour of shopping is not enough. Hence, my free day I die die will go and shop till kisiao... Hmm... I seriously want to go dessert hill premium outlet coz many say it is quite recommended.


All times are GMT +8. The time now is 10:04 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright © SPH Magazines Pte Ltd. All rights reserved.