HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Which luggage is worth the money?

Like Tree6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-07-2019, 07:53 AM   #1

Which luggage is worth the money?

Been trying to buy a 28inch luggage since my old one finally cracked at the bottom near the wheel area after my trip.

I saw xiaomi one and one more Samsonite one, price for both is about the same, but not sure which is the better among the two.

Trying my luck here if anyone own these luggage and can shed some light for me to decide

Terima kasih
kenapa siol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2019, 08:20 AM   #2
Master Member

Been trying to buy a 28inch luggage since my old one finally cracked at the bottom near the wheel area after my trip.

I saw xiaomi one and one more Samsonite one, price for both is about the same, but not sure which is the better among the two.

Trying my luck here if anyone own these luggage and can shed some light for me to decide

Terima kasih
you can look at legend walker =)
ApeTruelove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2019, 09:06 AM   #3

you can look at legend walker =)
Woo, nice but price quite steep. The two i mentioned cost around $160- 190 ish..but thanks for showing me another worthy mention luggage brand
kenapa siol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2019, 09:25 AM   #4
Master Member

Woo, nice but price quite steep. The two i mentioned cost around $160- 190 ish..but thanks for showing me another worthy mention luggage brand
During luggage fair should be able to get around 200++ I got my around 10 years ago still quite good except some wear and tear.

Normally samsonite is more popular brand but also one of the top luggage brand got damaged easily especially the wheel and handle except some model that is more durable.
Old 16-07-2019, 01:13 PM   #5
Supremacy Member

Can try taking a look at Lojel. It is good and price is reasonable too.
ichinisan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2019, 01:35 PM   #6
Master Member

Can try taking a look at Lojel. It is good and price is reasonable too.
Yea is good. Travel store usually got good promo for lojel
Old 16-07-2019, 02:20 PM   #7

I prefer Crossing because of their Zip.
GenuineSeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2019, 02:30 PM   #8
Master Member

Lojel wheels reliable? Or similar to the common brands like samsonite delsey etc.?
purpleberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2019, 02:31 PM   #9
Supremacy Member

Don't waste money on Samsonite their warranty is useless.
kitsura is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2019, 02:37 PM   #10

There is promo going on too for Crossing
GenuineSeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2019, 09:07 PM   #11
Master Member

Lojel wheels reliable? Or similar to the common brands like samsonite delsey etc.?
Yes lojel is reliable. Most brand latest model will be with 8 wheels. If you hear promoter tell you those 2-4wheels is latest model is more or less bs
Old 16-07-2019, 10:18 PM   #12

The brand Eminent is reliable. I bought the full set of S,M,L sizes for my girl about 6 years ago. Each comes with 4 double wheels. She travels with them at least 3 times per year. So far the wheels and body of each piece are still very sturdy. (bought this brand after some research done that time. When on sale, can obtain at good prices from OG at about +/- $150 for the L size).

I have a L size brand Delsey with a 5 years warranty. 4 single-wheel piece that I bought at close to $300 during a Takashimaya sale. I used it at least twice a year. 3 months before the warranty was up, the rubber of one of the wheels came off. I attempted to contact Delsey for repair but got completely no reply from them (their internet service is as good as non existing. Shame on the brand.) Lucky I still have the photostat Taka receipt. I brought the luggage to Taka and the customer service replaced all four wheels for me when they noticed the other three wheels were also about to wear off completely. Am very pleased with Taka's after sales service, even after close to 5 years of sales. It is the first departmental store in my mind if i want to buy luggage.

I won't buy a Samsonite coz I ever invested in a $600+ L size and the wheels worn off after about 4 years with the 3-year warranty expired (the luggage couldn't move smoothly with those worn off wheels). This piece I probably had used it for about 6 times in total. Now, it is in my storeroom used as a storage box for my winter clothing.

Nevertheless, I would consider buying Samsonite's sister brand, American Tourister. I have a M size piece, given free from a credit card promotion. This piece I also have been dragging here and there for more than 5 years and overall structure is still very much intact.

My experience to keep a luggage piece more lasting - never put more than 25 kgs in any luggage regardless of its size. Try putting 30 kgs weight in a L size cheap luggage and go travel - it may probably last half a trip and if can last for two trips one can consider himself lucky (either casing cracks or wheels breaks off).
Henabi, zinedine and Andrew833 like this.

Last edited by mummynew; 19-07-2019 at 06:22 PM.. Reason: Wrote wrong brand (shld be Eminent)
mummynew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2019, 06:14 AM   #13
Arch-Supremacy Member

My experience to keep a luggage piece more lasting - never put more than 25 kgs in any luggage regardless of its size. Try putting 30 kgs weight in a L size cheap luggage and go travel - it may probably last half a trip and if can last for two trip one can consider himself lucky (either casing cracks or wheels breaks off).
You fly business or first? Econ class just 23kg limit
patryn33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2019, 10:01 AM   #14
Supremacy Member

You fly business or first? Econ class just 23kg limit
SQ 30kg
Andrew833 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2019, 10:04 AM   #15
High Supremacy Member

always consider the after-sales servicing for luggage.

samsonite after-service is bad, their warranty is a limited warranty, it doesn't cover the wheels. i bought a samsonite travel duffel 7 years ago and within 12 months, the rubber on both wheels came off.

I gave a ring to Samsonite and they quoted me $80 per wheel, total $160, which is already 50% of the price i paid.

pissed off, i went and bought a $50 no-brand cabin-sized luggage from BHG. it lasted me for 6 years, survived literally everything.

when you are spending a substantial amount on a piece of luggage, look at the after-sales warranty. Understand what it covers, what the company will repair FOC, what they will charge, where is the service center and the responsiveness of their Call centers or email

typically a low-end samsonite 28" luggage cost around 300. a mid to high-end range will cost 500 to 800.

If you are a frequent traveller and you want invest in a good solid piece of luggage with great warranty, I suggest to hoot a Briggs & Riley, Victorinox, Thule, Travelpro or Eagle Creek.

i have a Eagle Creek 120L duffel trolley bag. Its looks like our SAF black duffel bag with wheels and a luggage handle.

got it last year at their warehouse sale. original price $300, got it for 198
shaff12 likes this.
Henabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.