Reaction score
Thanks for the information,

Guess I will try to do some research and roam myself
The land tour seems expensive for 30 USD to 50 USD per head

winnielim77

Reaction score
dreamworks character breakfast

Hi,

Does anyone know whether we have to reserve our seats for dreamworks character breakfast? If so, how soon can we book and can it be done online? Is there any charges involved?

soundman

Reaction score
Hi,

Does anyone know whether we have to reserve our seats for dreamworks character breakfast? If so, how soon can we book and can it be done online? Is there any charges involved?

You can only make your reservation on board the ship. There will be announcement when and where you can make your reservation. Or else you can check with the receptionist when you are on board.

sunshine76

Reaction score
You can only make your reservation on board the ship. There will be announcement when and where you can make your reservation. Or else you can check with the receptionist when you are on board.

I made the booking online. Lucky for me i made the booking in August, so it was free of charge. i believe it is now $10 per person.

yeowenzheng

Reaction score
I made the booking online. Lucky for me i made the booking in August, so it was free of charge. i believe it is now $10 per person.

hiyo when i made the cruise reservation at the royal caribbean sales office in May 2014 why they nv mentioned???

now is $12.50 per pax as long above 6 yrs old :(

yeowenzheng

Reaction score
those bro/sis that went on Royal Caribbean before, need to ask if they accept USD bills onboard or will they only deduct any fees onboard to the credit card that you opt for during the check in?

and also, are the pools onboard sea water or those normal swim pools water?

soundman

Reaction score
those bro/sis that went on Royal Caribbean before, need to ask if they accept USD bills onboard or will they only deduct any fees onboard to the credit card that you opt for during the check in?

and also, are the pools onboard sea water or those normal swim pools water?

Yes they do accept USD$. The pool is normal water.

soundman

Reaction score

Oh I didn't know need to pay now, last year I went in Dec it's free. Actually I don't find it any special except you get to take photos with the characters.

Jane2

Reaction score
decided to save the $12.50 per pax since its just characters going around taking pix. Can see those characters during parade anyway. I did checked and they say the food is the same serving.
For the on board beverages, have anyone ordered online? Was thinking if I should order online or when I am onboard than I order.

donut33

Master Member
Reaction score
decided to save the $12.50 per pax since its just characters going around taking pix. Can see those characters during parade anyway. I did checked and they say the food is the same serving.
For the on board beverages, have anyone ordered online? Was thinking if I should order online or when I am onboard than I order.

You may order the onboard beverages online or when onbaord which is conveniently located at walkway or near to restaurant.

invigo79

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I just booked the 5N Spice of SEA cruise on 27 Feb 2015. Booked from C & E holidays. I called Royal carribean directly in august to inquire about the price and they did not mention that children get to travel for free (I did informed them). So I managed to get (slightly) cheaper price from C & E holidays.

I also managed to get pretty decent rooms at Deck 9 (connecting rooms, 1 balcony and 1 ocean view). I did not get to choose these rooms when I tried to book online So i think booking directly from the royal carribean office or from tour agency is much better because they have access to those rooms not available online.

just would like to check:

- If I did not purchase any drink package, are we only eligible for water, tea and coffee? any condiments (sugar, milk) provided for the tea and coffee?

- for the docking at Phuket, any idea which port the boat going to drop us off at? I am booking a private van to bring us around so I need to get the correct pick up location.

Thanks in advance.

Jane2

Reaction score
yeah for the beverages.. what would happen if I didnt purchase any. What do i get to drink?

yeowenzheng

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I just booked the 5N Spice of SEA cruise on 27 Feb 2015. Booked from C & E holidays. I called Royal carribean directly in august to inquire about the price and they did not mention that children get to travel for free (I did informed them). So I managed to get (slightly) cheaper price from C & E holidays.

I also managed to get pretty decent rooms at Deck 9 (connecting rooms, 1 balcony and 1 ocean view). I did not get to choose these rooms when I tried to book online So i think booking directly from the royal carribean office or from tour agency is much better because they have access to those rooms not available online.

- If I did not purchase any drink package, are we only eligible for water, tea and coffee? any condiments (sugar, milk) provided for the tea and coffee?

- for the docking at Phuket, any idea which port the boat going to drop us off at? I am booking a private van to bring us around so I need to get the correct pick up location.

Thanks in advance.

yeah for the beverages.. what would happen if I didnt purchase any. What do i get to drink?

kids no matter ages are not free, unless there's promotion if not you will have pay the same price as adult.

haha theres still coffee, tea and some like syrup drinks...condiments definitely provided.

Phuket - the cruise ship will stop in the middle of the sea and have to take bumper boat to Patong Beach

beverages packages are not worth purchasing unless u heavy drinker, as u need to purchase for all pax in your stateroom (eg. i have to buy for my 18mth old daughter) and everyday which mean u need to buy for the 6d5n worth....could sum up to near $200 for 3 pax in a stateroom. This policy is to prevent ppl buy for 1 pax and share among all...LOL which is my initial plan but not working now :(

soundman

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Thanks in advance.

The kids travel for free promotion was during Natas fair and I think now should not be applicable anymore. However you pay slightly cheaper for 3rd and 4th pax.

You get coffee, tea, coke, lime juice, ice lemon tea, packet milk (breakfast only) for free.
For Phuket, you will need to take a tender boat to get to the shore as the ship is too big to dock at the port. I cannot remember which beach but I believed the local van driver should know very well where the ship stop and pick you up.

Jane2

Reaction score
kids no matter ages are not free, unless there's promotion if not you will have pay the same price as adult.

haha theres still coffee, tea and some like syrup drinks...condiments definitely provided.

Phuket - the cruise ship will stop in the middle of the sea and have to take bumper boat to Patong Beach

beverages packages are not worth purchasing unless u heavy drinker, as u need to purchase for all pax in your stateroom (eg. i have to buy for my 18mth old daughter) and everyday which mean u need to buy for the 6d5n worth....could sum up to near $200 for 3 pax in a stateroom. This policy is to prevent ppl buy for 1 pax and share among all...LOL which is my initial plan but not working now :(

If u have 2 rooms cant we get only for 1 room?

invigo79

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply guys.

The complimentary drinks are good enough for us. The drink package cost a bomb unless you are heavy drinker.

Yes, when I called, it was prior to NATAS so you are right that there is no child-free promo then. I booked from C & E last week and they informed me about the promo that children travel free with paying adults (must be quad sharing). Just nice for my 2 young girls.

Normally the first 2 adults in the room have to pay full amount and the other 2 adults just need to add $398/pax (based on quad sharing).

Royal carribean also has promo for seniors but only for certain cruises (the one I booked is not included :( ).

invigo79

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If u have 2 rooms cant we get only for 1 room?

from Royal carribean website: Every adult in a stateroom can opt to order any drink package they want, or none at all. However, you may not share the benefits of a drink package with anyone else. Royal Caribbean stipulates the drink packages are soley for the person purchasing it.

You will get a sticker to put on your SeaPass card indicating which drink package you purchased. Then all you have to do is show your sticker to any bartender or waiter and you can order any drink included in your package without any further cost.

They do track your purchases with a package and there is a time limit between drinks. If you want two drinks at one time w/ a package, have 2 cards with you with a package sticker, or be prepared to buy one of the drinks. If they find you sharing, they will cut you off with no refund.

yeowenzheng

Reaction score
The kids travel for free promotion was during Natas fair and I think now should not be applicable anymore. However you pay slightly cheaper for 3rd and 4th pax.

You get coffee, tea, coke, lime juice, ice lemon tea, packet milk (breakfast only) for free.
For Phuket, you will need to take a tender boat to get to the shore as the ship is too big to dock at the port. I cannot remember which beach but I believed the local van driver should know very well where the ship stop and pick you up.

Sure got coke for free? From what i read, coke still need to pay even paying the entry fees to johnny rockets

donut33

Master Member
Reaction score
Purchase online/onboard for beverages are coke and another type is red wine. Once purchased, you may enjoy it anytime. And for coke, you are given a container and can keep with u.. those never purchase, do not worry, drinking water and coffee tea are still provided.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.