HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Royal Caribbean - Quantum of the Seas

Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-10-2019, 01:55 PM   #241

how come look like kit bag inspection when going wallaby
I took this photo when on my way out to the immigration after the trip. The items were found and retained inside those check-in luggage on first day of check-in.

If you have check-in luggage and your luggage are not delivered to your room by a certain time, they are likely to be retained at their security office. You have to go personally to retrieve and subjected to luggage inspection. All unauthorized items will be kept and given back when you check-out at the end of the trip.
icekachang72 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 03:45 PM   #242

Any restrictions to bring soft drinks or other non alcoholic drinks?

Hard liquor ..detained but wine and champagne allowed to bring on board but need to hand carry. Had been bringing red wine and champagne on board since my 1st RC cruise, no issue . The security agent at cruise terminal will request for inspection. But cannot bring corkscrew. You can request corkscrew from your room attendant

Q Am I allowed to bring alcohol onboard a Royal Caribbean cruise ship?
A
Guests are not allowed to bring beer or spirits onboard for consumption or any other use.

Alcoholic beverages seized on embarkation day will not be returned. Security may inspect containers (water bottles, soft drinks bottles, mouthwash, luggage, etc.) and will dispose of containers holding alcohol. Guests who violate any alcohol policies, (over-consume, provide alcohol to people under the legal drinking age, demonstrate irresponsible behaviour or attempt to conceal alcoholic items at security and or luggage check points or any other time), may be disembarked or not allowed to board, at their own expense, in accordance with our Guest Conduct Policy. Guests who are under the permitted drinking age will not have alcohol returned to them. Please Note: All guests must comply with TSA guidelines for transporting liquids.

On boarding day, guests may bring onboard two (2) 750 ml bottles of personal wine or champagne per stateroom in their carry-on luggage. If more than two bottles of wine or champagne are brought onboard, including any alcoholic drinks purchased in ports-of-call or in our onboard shops, they will be stored by the ship and delivered to your stateroom on your last day onboard.

Guests on consecutive cruises may bring two (2) 750 ml bottles of personal wine or champagne per voyage, per stateroom. Additional bottles will be stored by the ship and two bottles at a time will be delivered to the stateroom on the first day of each new voyage. Guests bringing more than two bottles at the start of the first sailing should have documentation for any consecutive sailings available to share with security on boarding day.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/sgp/e...l-guest-policy
SG Young Investment is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 05:25 PM   #243

Any restrictions to bring soft drinks or other non alcoholic drinks?
I always save screenshots of their policy in my mobile, in case of any disputes with the security but so far so good So far I have been bringing onboard red wine and bottles of mineral water.

Q What kind of food or drink am I allowed to bring onboard a Royal Caribbean cruise ship?
A
One of the best things about cruising is the food! And there will be many dining options available to suit most tastes and preferences. However, you are free to bring non-perishable pre-packaged food in limited quantities.

While we have many drinks available onboard, you are welcome to bring select beverages onboard.

On boarding day, each stateroom may bring up to two 750 ml bottles of wine or champagne, as long as one guest is of legal drinking age. Corkscrews will be provided for guests to enjoy their drinks in their stateroom. If guests wish to enjoy their wine or champagne in our dining or bar venues, there will be a corkage fee applied.

Guests may also bring non-alcoholic drinks as carry-on items on boarding day. Non-alcoholic drinks may not exceed 12 US standard (500 ml) cans, bottles or cartons per stateroom. Milk and distilled water brought onboard for infant, medical or dietary use are permitted.

Guests who purchase alcohol bottles onboard, in a port-of-call or bring more than the two permitted bottles on boarding day, will have their items safely stored by the ship. These bottles will be returned on the last day onboard for enjoyment once home.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/sgp/e...onboard-policy
Old 09-10-2019, 06:13 PM   #244

Thanks to all the input here, i think i know where we will be going in Penang and Phuket. However, does anyone has any ideas for Port Klang? It seem pretty ulu and KL is so far sia. Thinking of just staying on board to nua.
eric5fong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 06:22 PM   #245

Ya I don’t plan to disembark at Port Klang. Stay on board to enjoy their facilities. But Penang I definitely will. I’m with a party of 6, hope grab can book 6-seater in Penang :X

Thanks to all the input here, i think i know where we will be going in Penang and Phuket. However, does anyone has any ideas for Port Klang? It seem pretty ulu and KL is so far sia. Thinking of just staying on board to nua.
ixoral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 06:27 PM   #246

port klang ...go down to convenience shop inside cruise terminal to replenish supply..one bro mentioned that there is a coffee shop selling cooked food within walking distance..I might want to explore..
Old 09-10-2019, 09:36 PM   #247

port klang ...go down to convenience shop inside cruise terminal to replenish supply..one bro mentioned that there is a coffee shop selling cooked food within walking distance..I might want to explore..
It's actually a canteen selling chi char but maybe open only during weekdays. After getting past immigration go downstair via escalator. Come out by main entrance turn left all the way far end side of the terminal can see the canteen.

Better take a taxi to nearest Klang Town about 20mins away to eat Bak Kut Teh. Many shops there. Think taxi back and forth about RM80 to RM100 if hire at the taxi counter at the terminal side entrance.
lilycll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 09:41 PM   #248

Wink

It's actually a canteen selling chi char but maybe open only during weekdays. After getting past immigration go downstair via escalator. Come out by main entrance turn left all the way far end side of the terminal can see the canteen.

Better take a taxi to nearest Klang Town about 20mins away to eat Bak Kut Teh. Many shops there. Think taxi back and forth about RM80 to RM100 if hire at the taxi counter at the terminal side entrance.
Can try go nearby Klang Town enjoy Bak Kut Teh.
lilycll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 09:48 PM   #249

Wow thanks for sharing!

I always save screenshots of their policy in my mobile, in case of any disputes with the security but so far so good So far I have been bringing onboard red wine and bottles of mineral water.

Q What kind of food or drink am I allowed to bring onboard a Royal Caribbean cruise ship?
A
One of the best things about cruising is the food! And there will be many dining options available to suit most tastes and preferences. However, you are free to bring non-perishable pre-packaged food in limited quantities.

While we have many drinks available onboard, you are welcome to bring select beverages onboard.

On boarding day, each stateroom may bring up to two 750 ml bottles of wine or champagne, as long as one guest is of legal drinking age. Corkscrews will be provided for guests to enjoy their drinks in their stateroom. If guests wish to enjoy their wine or champagne in our dining or bar venues, there will be a corkage fee applied.

Guests may also bring non-alcoholic drinks as carry-on items on boarding day. Non-alcoholic drinks may not exceed 12 US standard (500 ml) cans, bottles or cartons per stateroom. Milk and distilled water brought onboard for infant, medical or dietary use are permitted.

Guests who purchase alcohol bottles onboard, in a port-of-call or bring more than the two permitted bottles on boarding day, will have their items safely stored by the ship. These bottles will be returned on the last day onboard for enjoyment once home.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/sgp/e...onboard-policy
Old 10-10-2019, 07:21 AM   #250

Can try go nearby Klang Town enjoy Bak Kut Teh.
You must mean Port Klang not Klang Town which another 15 km further away.
Any way the terminal taxi prefer to take you to kl as they queue a long time to be sure they get people to kl.
JohnTKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 11:39 AM   #251

Dear all,
My old parents are Vegetarian and can't take Western food - any idea if Chinese food is served on board?

Thanks!
tree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 07:24 PM   #252

I believe should have Chinese food options for Singapore sailings. Might want to email them to check.

Dear all,
My old parents are Vegetarian and can't take Western food - any idea if Chinese food is served on board?

Thanks!
Old 11-10-2019, 12:23 PM   #253

There are plenty of food in Windjammer that donít contain meat ... usually there is a section that serves Indian food where most dishes are vegetarian.

Unless your parents are strict on only consuming Chinese vegetarian food then maybe have limited choices.
icekachang72 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 12:42 PM   #254

heard that there is always a long queue when collecting the complimentary tickets for tender boat at Phuket near potong beach. Are we allow to choose the time slot we want to go on shore ie collect in the morning and go on shore after lunch ?

Last edited by viethai; 11-10-2019 at 01:03 PM..
viethai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 12:48 PM   #255

Dear all,

Thanks!
There are plenty of food in Windjammer that donít contain meat ... usually there is a section that serves Indian food where most dishes are vegetarian.

Unless your parents are strict on only consuming Chinese vegetarian food then maybe have limited choices.
bro is right..easily more than 100 dishes in windjammer, definitely not all are meat related item.

However, if you are looking for strict vegetarian food where preparation is a concern too, you may want to contact RC singapore office.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.