HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

russia visa

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-05-2019, 06:52 AM   #1

russia visa

Anyone know what is the lead time for russia tourist visa application?
I read that you need to have a tourist visa from hotel before you can apply and you must have medical insurance coverage as well.

I saw a 3rd party web site which you have to pay for the tourist visa which cost about 30+euro/ head. I dont know if this web site is trust worthy.

Any expert can guide me along? Thank you.
givach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2019, 09:59 AM   #2

I read that you need to have a tourist visa from hotel before you can apply and you must have medical insurance coverage as well.

I saw a 3rd party web site which you have to pay for the tourist visa which cost about 30+euro/ head. I dont know if this web site is trust worthy.

No expert in this but this was what I did. I used this website (https://realrussia.co.uk/Visas/Russi...ations/Tourist) to get my invitation online which was emailed to me within the same day.
**Invitation for single entry cost 15.30, around S$27.

And then proceed to the Russian Visa Application Centre, Level 8, 135 Cecil Street, Singapore 069536 (http://www.vfsglobal.com/russia/singapore/Private.html) to apply for the VISA. Take the queue number in the small office with 2 counters and the staff will check all the required document diligently and thoroughly. They are very particular about the photo specification, so do take a look as explained at their website. Also, do take note of the submission timings which is 09:00-12:00.
**VISA for single entry cost S$112 + $42 (Service Charge)

Nobody had asked to see my medical insurance coverage when I was in Russia. But I have printed out a copy of my travel insurance and the payout table, just in case.
Old 12-05-2019, 07:53 AM   #3

No expert in this but this was what I did. I used this website (https://realrussia.co.uk/Visas/Russi...ations/Tourist) to get my invitation online which was emailed to me within the same day.
**Invitation for single entry cost 15.30, around S$27.

And then proceed to the Russian Visa Application Centre, Level 8, 135 Cecil Street, Singapore 069536 (http://www.vfsglobal.com/russia/singapore/Private.html) to apply for the VISA. Take the queue number in the small office with 2 counters and the staff will check all the required document diligently and thoroughly. They are very particular about the photo specification, so do take a look as explained at their website. Also, do take note of the submission timings which is 09:00-12:00.
**VISA for single entry cost S$112 + $42 (Service Charge)

Nobody had asked to see my medical insurance coverage when I was in Russia. But I have printed out a copy of my travel insurance and the payout table, just in case.
hi thanks for sharing. btw how was your experience there?
Old 27-05-2019, 11:32 AM   #4

Yes - would be great to hear about your experience there. A colleague of mine just went to St Petersburg and she didn’t like it much ....
honeydewmelater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2019, 04:26 PM   #5

In st Petersburg - can suggest ppl try some less touristy place:

Visit Peter and Paul Fortress. ...
Take a Boat Tour in St. Petersburg. ...
Bridge Opening at 1:30 am. ...
Play old Russian games at the Soviet Games Museum. ...
Walk through the city center. ...
Visit Anticafe. ...
jamietehc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 02:32 PM   #6

you did not mention which part of russia you are going to. i went to the siberian part of russia.

i paid about ~S$14 (600 roubles) for the invitation letter for my visa application. it was done through the homestead i stayed on an island in lake baikal. the invitation letter was issued by a travel agency based in the city of irkurst, the letter also covered my itinerary in other cities/hotels unrelated to them.

my 3 week solo backpacking journey covered vladivostok, khabarovsk, 3-day trans-siberian train ride, irkutsk, lake baikal, trans-baikal rail ride, olkhon island, irkutsk, 3-day trans-siberian train reverse journey, khabarovsk, vladivostok.

you can check with them if they entertain issuing a letter for your itinerary.

https://olkhon.info/en/manor-house/
hfngshnll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 08:49 PM   #7

i went to St Petersburg, Velikiy Novgorod and Moscow.

The tourist invite i paid 42 euro through travel agent and visa cost 150 at VFS.

i prefer st petersburg was nice than Moscow in terms of the architect and attractions.

food wise was nothing fantastic.

outlets shopping was nothing worth mentioning.

uber does not exist in the country, you should use Y.taxi instead.

Metro ride was 45 or 50 rubles in SPB but 55 rubles in Moscow, so long there is connecting metro to your destination, you only pay for a flat rate.

i would say 90% of the russian do not understand english.

izmaylovo souvenir flea market is a must to visit in moscow. stuff are cheaper there.
Old 24-09-2019, 02:51 PM   #8

https://www.asiaone.com/lifestyle/es...aporeans-oct-1
beanstalk6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.