HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Singapore to London Overland in 75 Days!!

Like Tree11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-09-2018, 09:10 PM   #286
High Supremacy Member

bookmarked!
Beh-Hawk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 05:39 PM   #287

Thank you coolhead for posting your report. An epic trip indeed!
How I wish I have the chance to take something similar (less the areas I have been before) hopefully before 50 but with a family to support I am not sure if that would be possible.

I did a few backpacking trips in Asia when I was younger but the 2 things I would not do again is 1) no more staying at hostels and 2) taking cheap but long overnight bus rides if possible. I still remember the discomfort and the sense of helplessness I felt even though its almost 20 years ago lol...

Just wondering, what do you do now in your free time since you gave up gaming?
klavier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 11:32 AM   #288
Arch-Supremacy Member

Thank you coolhead for posting your report. An epic trip indeed!
How I wish I have the chance to take something similar (less the areas I have been before) hopefully before 50 but with a family to support I am not sure if that would be possible.

I did a few backpacking trips in Asia when I was younger but the 2 things I would not do again is 1) no more staying at hostels and 2) taking cheap but long overnight bus rides if possible. I still remember the discomfort and the sense of helplessness I felt even though its almost 20 years ago lol...

Just wondering, what do you do now in your free time since you gave up gaming?
I will say that reviews are important when picking out a hostel. In fact, cleanliness and flexibility in hostels can beat budget hotels. Only reason why I pick budget hotels in Asian cities is to gain nights and rewards points.

After I returned from my trip, went for my reservist and currently in Bangkok making my business clothes. Was quite fortunate to have a job recommendation by a past competitor but I am still seriously considering as I am not sure if it's a job fit. In the meantime, the stock market rout in Asian market is quite interesting and ripe for the picking imo. This is especially since the Singapore index had been rangebound in 2600-3200 past 5-8years and only broke out to hit 3600 but fallen back to 3100 level.
coolhead is online now   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.