HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

For those who love to travel alone

Like Tree374Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-02-2012, 12:11 AM   #61
Master Member

Hi guys, recently i got to knew a female friend online and we added each other on FB and chat almost everyday on msn. At the end of this month, we are heading to Yogyarkarta to backpack together. When we were chatting online yesterday to discuss where to stay, she jokingly told me that we could stay in the same room if i'm alright with that. I told her i'm fine with it. But i'm not sure if this is right.. so should i or shouldnt i? Since i only get to know her recently, is it weird to be staying together in a same room?
Bak_Chor_Mee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 09:52 AM   #62
Arch-Supremacy Member

Hi guys, recently i got to knew a female friend online and we added each other on FB and chat almost everyday on msn. At the end of this month, we are heading to Yogyarkarta to backpack together. When we were chatting online yesterday to discuss where to stay, she jokingly told me that we could stay in the same room if i'm alright with that. I told her i'm fine with it. But i'm not sure if this is right.. so should i or shouldnt i? Since i only get to know her recently, is it weird to be staying together in a same room?
Even long time frens of the opposite sex do not usually stay in the same room on a trip. What do u think? 
goh6570 likes this.
angcsbenny is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 10:16 AM   #63
Master Member

well at first i told her maybe its inconvenient since guy and girl.. den she joked to me say its ok, she won't touch me.. now im quite confused. anyway we decided to book the hotel when we reached there.
Old 08-02-2012, 10:29 AM   #64
Supremacy Member

i think it's alright lah... unless u scare the girl rape u..u are the guy leh.. why u scare? if she is not... =.='''

but it's troublesome lah.. toilet usage etc.. u gg out late.. i did forewarn my friend of my snore when she want to share room with me..

my experience is quite bad when i allow someone to tag close when i backpack.. different in ideology bah.. for me, the advantages of backpack freedom.. for some, they die die want some plan.. for me, i would rent a bike and ride to nowhere and just head back b4 it gets late..
freestyleong and goh6570 like this.

Last edited by XiaoZen; 08-02-2012 at 10:36 AM..
XiaoZen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 10:45 AM   #65
Master Member

haha no la. im not scared la.
anyway thanks for the advise
Old 08-02-2012, 03:07 PM   #66

Whether its weird or not is entirely up to you two right?
I mean, if both of u r the private personality type, then no matter what other people say about how "right" it is, you'll still feel weird right?

Have either of u stayed in a dorm before?
Just consider it as a 2-bed dorm lor! Hahaha

wuso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 04:48 PM   #67
Arch-Supremacy Member

One possible situation you may want avoid is that she call rape... Laws protect the ladies more in situation like this.

But having said that, I did share a room with a gal few years ago too. We n a few other stranger's travelled to Hong Kong for a concert together. Just that I had to share a room with a female whereas the others were couples...
kazuki666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 05:05 PM   #68

Is there any advantage staying in the same room? In Yogyakarta, hotel rates are not an issue. Perhaps she is more afraid of staying alone than of you. There are women like that. Have you met?
beanstalk6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 05:15 PM   #69

I have shared a room with a close female friend of mine before, wasn't bad.

It can be platonic la...
footse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 05:53 PM   #70
Arch-Supremacy Member

if its a friend u know then is ok, coz u know him her.

but now its a stranger leh. And honestly lah, how much can she or u save from sharing a room?
of coz for her if its safety she is concerned, u two can always request for two rooms which are joint together. So in a way both of u still have your own privacy...
kazuki666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 07:47 PM   #71
Master Member

come to think of it, i believe she must be afraid of staying alone
Old 09-02-2012, 12:22 AM   #72

come to think of it, i believe she must be afraid of staying alone
It's very likely the case. I once went travelling with a female friend (normal friend, not gf), and we stayed in different rooms.

But she told me that each night she slept with all the lights on, and that next time, if we ever travel together again, she won't mind sharing a room with me. Some girls are just afraid of sleeping alone in the dark in an unfamiliar place.

So although I think its OK to stay in the same room with separate beds, I think it might be a little inconvenient, because some girls spend alot of time getting ready or washing up, which can be aggravating for a guy to have to wait to use the bathroom or be awakened earlier than normal because the girl needs 2 hours to prepare for the day.

Last edited by butterbarter; 09-02-2012 at 12:25 AM..
butterbarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 01:52 AM   #73
Supremacy Member

If you only have 6-7 days, just spend it all in Hanoi. You can spend 2 days in Hanoi, 2-3 days in Sapa, 2-3 days in Halong Bay, and 1 day in Tam Coc. More than use up your 6-7 days.

If you are going Siem Reap, you'll need at least 2 days to see the major temples and Angkor Wat itself, so a 1 day ticket is not enough.
totally agree with u.. Hanoi itself can take 7/8 days with halong bay and sapa and tam coc..

love siem reap
Old 10-02-2012, 01:03 PM   #74
Master Member

Do you guys also carry a bag or something while going out walk walk?
ie moneybelt?
--> I dont want to carry so much $ on myself. Fear of getting rob
and also in countries where their currency is weak and ended up we have many notes.

How abt camera? I take photo and ppl immediate can pin point me i'm a tourist. I want to be low profile.. lolz
weird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 02:43 PM   #75

It's very likely the case. I once went travelling with a female friend (normal friend, not gf), and we stayed in different rooms.

But she told me that each night she slept with all the lights on, and that next time, if we ever travel together again, she won't mind sharing a room with me. Some girls are just afraid of sleeping alone in the dark in an unfamiliar place.

So although I think its OK to stay in the same room with separate beds, I think it might be a little inconvenient, because some girls spend alot of time getting ready or washing up, which can be aggravating for a guy to have to wait to use the bathroom or be awakened earlier than normal because the girl needs 2 hours to prepare for the day.
She maybe interested in you...and hinting to you?
GenuineSeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.