HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Travelling Batam Indonesia

Like Tree128Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-03-2019, 09:47 PM   #1111
Master Member

Is still the same, is still empty.. they are trying very hard to get it working for very long long time liao... just like kepri mall.. but kepri mall is getting much better as time goes by.

Batam center is very crowded with all ferry to and fro singapore and malaysia so from time to and time it can be very crowded the worst is when peak season and the car park also too small...

Traffic in batam center can be very bad due to the fact still 2 lane road and worst is government sector area so all demonstrations will be there and time to time road will be block by demonstrators so to go ferry terminal you might have to walk in..

I do not have bad custom experience in any terminal and i find that batam center custom are easy to reason if you provide the fact and details and usually is ok.. mostly the custom officer now is young and like i say in the previous post they are hunger for high rank position.

I agree with u that if one want convenient and lesser traffic will be habour bay terminal other then tat the mall, nearby seafood and etc i wouldn't consider to go there..

Harbour Bay Mall is empty but the new Bayfront mall is quite good leh, there is morning bakery, starbucks, excelso cafe, and many kueh lapis store on the third floor. Many shops selling indo snacks and there is Eska Spa too.

I feel is more convenient since the traffic is really bad in Batam Centre.
I travel there for projects quite a lot, had bad experience there in BC, therefore i switch to Harbour Bay.

That was only 1 instance, I heard there are many bad custom experiences in BC.

Cos for me the most important thing for a terminal is smooth and fast custom, tourist friendly, good traffic, since it's just a gateway to my final destination. The rest is icing on the cake. To each its own la.

Last edited by djr81; 19-03-2019 at 09:57 PM..
djr81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2019, 07:44 AM   #1112
Supremacy Member

Having gone through Batam Center last year and recently, compared to going through Harbor Bay Ferry Terminal earlier last month, I'll choose the latter without hesitation if given a choice. Customs and immigration clearance smoothness can make or break my memories of a trip.

By the way, can anyone advise where's a good spot to GrabCar at Harbor Bay terminal?
Habrosus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2019, 11:12 AM   #1113
Master Member

◆ ICC◆【Indonesia SIM Card·8 Days 】·NEW·❤4GLTE + Unlimited data❤Telkomsel/Indosat

https://www.qoo10.sg/g/515959672 (non referral link)
this one the sim for 3 days seems coverage no good in batam
audiovideo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2019, 11:32 AM   #1114
Master Member

just use m1 prepaid for small usage
if I dont have a prepaid card, is it worth getting a new prepaid card with roaming for just 3 days? What will be the cheapest amount to pay
Old 25-03-2019, 11:35 AM   #1115
Master Member

Hows the ferry ride to batam? Rocky sea?
no rocky unless your ferry cut thru the current created by big ship ... hardly any.
Old 25-03-2019, 11:43 AM   #1116
Master Member

Any place to recommend to buy good and nice kueh lapis? Any shop in BCS Mall?
if not wrong this is the number 1 high sugar stuff
Old 25-03-2019, 12:01 PM   #1117
Master Member

Harbour Bay Mall still ghost town?
wonder how those staying at the new high class hotel feel

Zest hotel dont provide kettle
so if you want to cook instant noodle or boil water.
heard you can borrow from the hotel.

next week gona stay somewhere near nagoya mall.
hate to take taxi when I cannot speak their language
Old 25-03-2019, 12:56 PM   #1118
Master Member

This i agree too.. habourbay terminal is for atas people.. the reason being their ferry ticket is the most expensive and the only operator that dun offer any discounted ticket..

Basically is just 1 operator over there which some how monopoly liao.. although batam
Fast is also there but the timing they have is so little.

Good spot will be out of the mall.. somehow the local taxi have the list of car thats is under grab..

Having gone through Batam Center last year and recently, compared to going through Harbor Bay Ferry Terminal earlier last month, I'll choose the latter without hesitation if given a choice. Customs and immigration clearance smoothness can make or break my memories of a trip.

By the way, can anyone advise where's a good spot to GrabCar at Harbor Bay terminal?
Old 25-03-2019, 01:01 PM   #1119
Master Member

To me is ghost town.. and i dun like the ideal of some ppl that say is getting better is like abit misleading or false advertisement.. some user here 1st time go batam imagine they go there and see habourbay they cfm feel jin sad....

Wah lao u still use the kettle? After i saw some cena tourist use the kettle and wash underwear, from tat dah onward i dun dare to use any kettle liao

U staying which hotel? Ihotel or nagoya hill? These 2 hotel is walking distance to the mall..

Dun knw how to speak is ok just point finger to the google map or place of interest photo...

Or if u want bring electric scooter in.. i saw some people do tat.. and the local police saw tat electric bike jitao blur..

Harbour Bay Mall still ghost town?
wonder how those staying at the new high class hotel feel

Zest hotel dont provide kettle
so if you want to cook instant noodle or boil water.
heard you can borrow from the hotel.

next week gona stay somewhere near nagoya mall.
hate to take taxi when I cannot speak their language
Old 25-03-2019, 01:05 PM   #1120
Master Member

I would say to batam center ferry terminal usually have higher chances of rocky trip.. so if u r those easy sea sick maybe can consider sekupang or harbour bay..

no rocky unless your ferry cut thru the current created by big ship ... hardly any.
Old 25-03-2019, 01:27 PM   #1121
Master Member

This i agree too.. habourbay terminal is for atas people.. the reason being their ferry ticket is the most expensive and the only operator that dun offer any discounted ticket..

Basically is just 1 operator over there which some how monopoly liao.. although batam
Fast is also there but the timing they have is so little.

Good spot will be out of the mall.. somehow the local taxi have the list of car thats is under grab..

habourbay terminal is for atas?
but I dont mind the extra $10-15 if that can remove the crowd
Old 25-03-2019, 01:30 PM   #1122
Master Member

to me even Bayfront mall is partial ghost town.
Old 25-03-2019, 02:58 PM   #1123
Master Member

Haha.. yup is for atas cuz got business class ticket

Actually u wan more faster there is 1 way where they let u pass first then passport then pass to u later.. usually i saw is group tour or golfer.. if not wrong per passport is 2sgd. So call express..

habourbay terminal is for atas?
but I dont mind the extra $10-15 if that can remove the crowd
Old 25-03-2019, 02:59 PM   #1124
Master Member

Ya, the only good thing is the starbuck...

to me even Bayfront mall is partial ghost town.
Old 25-03-2019, 03:06 PM   #1125

eh? really got starbuck there? never saw
marksoymilksg is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.