US help.

sgpapabear

Reaction score
Thanks. Yes, certainly will do Disney but perhaps not all the parks. Most likely will miss the magic kingdom and do the other 3 parks.

Disney hotel is Expensive. I found much cheaper one about 15min drive.

As for transport. I find most full size SUV after 7 passenger the max it claim is 5 bags. Don't think is enough.
Do you think newbie driving a 12 seaters van in Florida is a good idea?

Do Disney World, I mean, my goodness, how can you go to Orlando and not do Disneyworld. Never done it myself, but the tip is apparently to stay on-property at Disney rather than going off-property. And heck, you could easily spend four days at Disney; dunno about Universal Studios though.

7 people for two weeks, you might be able to get away with a big SUV instead of a 12-seater van.

sgpapabear

Reaction score
Yes, LA we did 1 day each in Disney and Cali Adventure.
Personally, I dislike theme parks. I don't take ride, hate crowd and food is Ex. But traveling with kids, these are the must do. :s22:

I went LA Disney land last time. Spent just a day in there and I had enough. Depends on whether you like amusement parks.

sgpapabear

Reaction score
Thanks. I reckon we 7 will have 7 luggages. maybe more :s13:

If you want to rent "huge SUVs"
Not all rental locations have them, you will need to contact the company directly and ask. Eg, 5 Adults + Luggage.
A 7 seater is just nice if you have 4x standard size luggage.

sgpapabear

Reaction score
Taking my jetlag into consideration, 12days:-
1. Disney Epcot Center
2. Disney Hollywood Studio
3. Disney Animal Kingdom
4. Kenedy Space Center
5. Cocoa Beach (any other beaches since we don't surf)
6. Universal Studio
7. USF - Island of Adventure
8. Florida Premium Outlet
9. Florida Mall (worth going after Outlet?)
10. Legoland

probably need to trim further.

gumbokins

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks. I reckon we 7 will have 7 luggages. maybe more :s13:

rented a chevy suburban back in 2014, 4A2C (with carseats)

made for a comfy ride but really no space for bags lol, coz US is piece concept (6x2=12 bags) had to get my BIL to drive us back to Houston just to carry bags, and then another family friend with a truck gave us a ride as well.

esp since you are going to outlet.....good luck there!

yxerin

Reaction score
Taking my jetlag into consideration, 12days:-
1. Disney Epcot Center
2. Disney Hollywood Studio
3. Disney Animal Kingdom
4. Kenedy Space Center
5. Cocoa Beach (any other beaches since we don't surf)
6. Universal Studio
7. USF - Island of Adventure
8. Florida Premium Outlet
9. Florida Mall (worth going after Outlet?)
10. Legoland

probably need to trim further.

Taking aside disney and universal, most people prefer seaworld to legoland.

Can also consider eating dinner at the Orlando eye.

sgpapabear

Reaction score
Thanks. Did SeaWorld the last trip. In fact, we stayed inside Legoland then, not knowing that the park were closed for reno. So, the kids is like die die must do Legoland this time round.

Taking aside disney and universal, most people prefer seaworld to legoland.

Can also consider eating dinner at the Orlando eye.

sgpapabear

Reaction score
Domestic flights has weight and size limit for luggages, not so for international correct?

rented a chevy suburban back in 2014, 4A2C (with carseats)

made for a comfy ride but really no space for bags lol, coz US is piece concept (6x2=12 bags) had to get my BIL to drive us back to Houston just to carry bags, and then another family friend with a truck gave us a ride as well.

esp since you are going to outlet.....good luck there!

gumbokins

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Domestic flights has weight and size limit for luggages, not so for international correct?

for delta, domestic flights check in need to pay, so most try to only do carry on.

Flights to/fro US usually piece concept 2 pcs x 23 kg.

pkkok888

Reaction score
hi, anyone tried booking alamo car rental at JFK international airport before? how's the experience, primarily the attitude of the staff towards singaporeans and also the car condition.

if someone had a wonderful experience at some other car rental company at JFK, do share also pls

Parmesean

Reaction score
hi, anyone tried booking alamo car rental at JFK international airport before? how's the experience, primarily the attitude of the staff towards singaporeans and also the car condition.

if someone had a wonderful experience at some other car rental company at JFK, do share also pls

I personally have never rented a car from JFK, but generally Hertz is a good choice for car rentals. As long as you possess a valid driver's license in English, you should be fine with renting a car anywhere.

vofzxy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
anyone familiar with US post ?

if i bring pineapple tarts into US then post to other places can or not?
i want to post it via mail to Canada LOL

Parmesean

Reaction score
anyone familiar with US post ?

if i bring pineapple tarts into US then post to other places can or not?
i want to post it via mail to Canada LOL

There are a few postal couriers in the US, USPS, UPS, FedEx, and DHL. The cheapest for domestic shipping, is of course USPS, not sure about international though.

But I would assume it would depend on where you are shipping it to. For example, if you were shipping from Seattle, to Vancouver, it should not cost as much as say Sacramento to Ontario. But you should check their websites individually to check and compare prices.

daxiong88

Reaction score
Going SF soon, any brand of food, clothes, jeans and bags which are cheaper there that I should buy back to Singapore?

I'm going to SF premium outlet too.

Thanks.

cquey

Master Member
Reaction score
Going SF soon, any brand of food, clothes, jeans and bags which are cheaper there that I should buy back to Singapore?

Thanks.
CK, Vic Secret, Rebecca Minkoff, Timbuk2, Super dry.Sports apparel, Adidas, nike, Ralph lauren

addats

Reaction score

Thanks.

There are 3 outlet near SF, whcih one you going?

koohansen

Master Member
Reaction score

Thanks.

Bring an old luggage you want to dispose
buy Samsonite and leave old one behind :D

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.