US help.

Shiny Things

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Many thanks again Hisa and Shiny. These are really helpful tips.

Another quick question. on the drive back from yosemite, should i stay 1N monterey and 1N san jose/cupertino? or just 2N at san jose/cupertino? reason being, accoms at monterey is very expensive, and staying 2N at san jose allows me to leave my baggage at the hotel while travelling out to visit Monterey
I think Hisashiburi is right: doing two nights somewhere between Monterey and San Jose might be the smart move. Santa Cruz is midway between the two, it's a very cute town, and it's probably a little cheaper. Here are some other places to check:
* The Springhill Suites in Marina is close to Monterey and might be a little cheaper;
* Look for hotels in Capitola (near Santa Cruz) or Santa Cruz itself;
* If you really want to go cheap, there might be some cheap motels in Watsonville, which is a farming town.

Don't do Hollister, it's nowhere near as nice.

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.