LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-11-2018, 01:13 AM   #4576
Arch-Supremacy Member

For youth looking for alternative to youth hostel, this is pod share
https://thepodshare.cloudbeds.com/#/...11/2018&page=1
patryn33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 07:00 AM   #4577
Supremacy Member

Hi I wanna ask, Me landing at LAX, is the immigration process gonna be super hard? My mom cant speak english well, i wanna ask if we are able to go through the immigration tgt as a family
Yes, you can go through as a family, don't worry.

That said, immigration at LAX is a pain; LAX and Miami have been my worst immigration experiences in the States. If you ever have a choice, go in through SFO or Honolulu instead of LAX.
Shiny Things is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 07:38 PM   #4578

Hey guys, planning to walk across from USA to Canada via rainbow
Bridge at Niagara Falls.
Applied for Canadian ESTA entry (Singaporeans doesn’t need VISA)
Then approved and received email that says we are approved to enter Canada via air.
Does it matter that we are actually crossing via land? If yes, what should we do?

The Canadian Govt website says ETA not needed but bring relevant travel documents... so we don’t need to apply any additional stuff at all?

Last edited by archcherub; 07-11-2018 at 07:43 PM..
archcherub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 08:29 PM   #4579
Arch-Supremacy Member

Hey guys, planning to walk across from USA to Canada via rainbow
Bridge at Niagara Falls.
Applied for Canadian ESTA entry (Singaporeans doesn’t need VISA)
Then approved and received email that says we are approved to enter Canada via air.
Does it matter that we are actually crossing via land? If yes, what should we do?

The Canadian Govt website says ETA not needed but bring relevant travel documents... so we don’t need to apply any additional stuff at all?
Doesn't matter. No need. Just bring your passport. Bring US coins and/or Canadian coins for the pedestrian toll.
dilphinus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 10:28 PM   #4580

Doesn't matter. No need. Just bring your passport. Bring US coins and/or Canadian coins for the pedestrian toll.
Oh I’m thinking of changing Canadian notes at airport but oh dear how to get Canadian coins
archcherub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 09:51 AM   #4581

Wowza! So excited about the direct to Seattle!
Old 15-11-2018, 02:37 PM   #4582

Not much closer to Yellowstone, but it's definitely better than nothing. If you want to do the great American West - Yellowstone, the Rockies, even up to Glacier National Park - then you could do a lot worse than SIN-SEA, followed by a short hop to Billings, or even Jackson to get straight into the parks.
Sounds awesome.. What would a rough itinerary for 10-15 days be like? I'm ready to get on the planning wagon
darklighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2018, 12:54 AM   #4583
Supremacy Member

Sounds awesome.. What would a rough itinerary for 10-15 days be like? I'm ready to get on the planning wagon
So you’ll wanna do this in summer, otherwise the roads will all be closed. I’d maybe aim for either late June, around the solstice when the days are long; or late August-early September, when the kids are back in school and the parks are less crowded.

Something like:
Day 1-3: Seattle
Day 4-6: fly to Jackson, rent a car, explore Grand Tetons National Park from Jackson;
Day 6-8: drive up to Yellowstone; explore Yellowstone National Park from a base in West Yellowstone or Gardiner (Gardiner would be my pick)
Day 8: drive the Beartooth Pass: Gardiner-Cooke City-Red Lodge
Day 9: drive to Billings, fly back to Seattle

If you want to stretch this out, then:

Day 8: instead of the Beartooth Pass, drive north toward Great Falls instead
Day 9-10: Glacier National Park; drive Going-To-The-Sun Road
Day 11: Drive to Kalispell and/or Coeur d’Alene
Day 12: Fly back from Spokane to Seattle
darklighter likes this.
Old 16-11-2018, 03:46 AM   #4584

Someone help me. I will be traveling under student visa to Seattle on May 2019, my friends and I is planning to drive into Canada like a few days short trip when we are there. We will be renting car from this app called TURO.

1) Is it a must to get IDP for the driver as we will be driving a US car into Canada with a SG passport? I know for us to drive in US we don’t need IDP, but we are going into Canada, I scare kenna problem.

2) Going into Canada is Visa free, But do I need to bring/prepare anything or apply CanAdian ESTA online? And somemore we are not going in by air as we are driving in.
Tommybooy123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2018, 08:58 PM   #4585
Supremacy Member

Someone help me. I will be traveling under student visa to Seattle on May 2019, my friends and I is planning to drive into Canada like a few days short trip when we are there. We will be renting car from this app called TURO.

1) Is it a must to get IDP for the driver as we will be driving a US car into Canada with a SG passport? I know for us to drive in US we don’t need IDP, but we are going into Canada, I scare kenna problem.

2) Going into Canada is Visa free, But do I need to bring/prepare anything or apply CanAdian ESTA online? And somemore we are not going in by air as we are driving in.
1) You should, but you don’t have to. Source right here. (and incidentally, this was on the first page of Google results for “Canada International Drivers Permit”)

An IDP is just a translation of your driver’s license for the convenience of any non-English-speaking cop who pulls you over. Since you’re on the west coast, and not going near the French-speaking areas (I assume), this shouldn’t be a problem for you.

2) LMGTFY, mate. The google snippet for “Singaporean traveling to Canada” answers your question:
Canada. Singaporeans require an Electronic Travel Authorisation (eTA) from 15 March 2016 onwards for travel to Canada. The eTA is an electronic document required for visa-exempt travellers seeking to enter Canada by air and is mandatory for all Singapore citizens travelling on a Singapore passport.
Old 17-11-2018, 10:41 PM   #4586

Something like:
Day 1-3: Seattle
Day 4-6: fly to Jackson, rent a car, explore Grand Tetons National Park from Jackson;
Day 6-8: drive up to Yellowstone; explore Yellowstone National Park from a base in West Yellowstone or Gardiner (Gardiner would be my pick)
Day 8: drive the Beartooth Pass: Gardiner-Cooke City-Red Lodge
Day 9: drive to Billings, fly back to Seattle

If you want to stretch this out, then:

Day 8: instead of the Beartooth Pass, drive north toward Great Falls instead
Day 9-10: Glacier National Park; drive Going-To-The-Sun Road
Day 11: Drive to Kalispell and/or Coeur d’Alene
Day 12: Fly back from Spokane to Seattle
Thanks so much.. I'd like to balance the itinerary with some urban activities for my girlfriend who'd be in US for the first time; what's fun to do? I did a quick check for Six Flags but there aren't any nearby.

Are you a Singaporean who has migrated to US bro?
darklighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2018, 10:35 AM   #4587
Supremacy Member

Thanks so much.. I'd like to balance the itinerary with some urban activities for my girlfriend who'd be in US for the first time; what's fun to do? I did a quick check for Six Flags but there aren't any nearby.

Are you a Singaporean who has migrated to US bro?
There's a few things to do around Seattle. All of the theme parks are way down south in SoCal, but does your girlfriend like museums; shopping; technology; the outdoors; restaurants...? This is a very outdoorsy holiday, so prepare her for that.

And I'm an Aussie-born-and-bred citizen who lived in Singapore for a few years, then pulled the ejector seat and moved to the USA.
darklighter likes this.
Old 20-11-2018, 02:26 PM   #4588

Question Enquiry on data in USA

Hi all,

Good afternoon.

Quick question - I am heading to USA for 21 days.

Frens told me that wifi is not readily available at all places and suggested that I get a data plan prior to USA.

I dunno which one I should get:
1) STARHUB PREPAID SIM (Happy Prepaid SIM – $50
$50 Credit 180 days
10-Day 100GB local data
30-Day 5GB roaming data*
2) DataTravel Global
3GB at $50
3) https://www.qoo10.sg/item/USA-PREPAI...CARD/441477962

Any suggestion is welcome

Thanks
corliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2018, 12:21 PM   #4589

I bought local Sim when in states - not sure if this cheaper way though
Old 23-11-2018, 01:46 PM   #4590

I used the prepaid from StarHub
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.