HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

US help.

Like Tree356Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-04-2019, 08:30 PM   #4681
Supremacy Member

Thks Shiny Things & patryn33 for your valuable recommendations & advices. I realised that Mulberry is charging by pieces. Wouldnít it be more expensive? Is it a norm that all wash & fold services in SF are chargeable by pieces?
No, it's not; the norm is to charge by the pound.

I work near there; I'll wander by at lunch today and check their pricing.
Shiny Things is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 08:34 PM   #4682
Supremacy Member

Is there something like GrabHitch in SF ?
I intend to go Livermore FO from Union Square.
The shuttle operated by Gray Line is no longer running

thanks in advance!
Grab BART to Dublin/Pleasanton station, then use Lyft to get the rest of the way.
Old 12-04-2019, 11:07 PM   #4683

Grab BART to Dublin/Pleasanton station, then use Lyft to get the rest of the way.
oh good idea! thanks a lot!
pricklepantz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2019, 12:40 AM   #4684

No, it's not; the norm is to charge by the pound.

I work near there; I'll wander by at lunch today and check their pricing.
Oh, thatís great! Please let me know after checking out. Thks so much!
I have another issue. We intend to fly to Orlando from San Fran. Heard that we can get domestic flight tickets when reaching upon San Fran & itís usually cheaper buying nearer to departure dates. Is it true? As our flight will reach SFO in the afternoon, we are left with late afternoon to night flights. Is it safe to buy upon reaching? The chances of full flight is low? Hope you guys can advise. Thks!
faithgurl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2019, 01:54 AM   #4685
Supremacy Member

Oh, thatís great! Please let me know after checking out. Thks so much!
I have another issue. We intend to fly to Orlando from San Fran. Heard that we can get domestic flight tickets when reaching upon San Fran & itís usually cheaper buying nearer to departure dates. Is it true? As our flight will reach SFO in the afternoon, we are left with late afternoon to night flights. Is it safe to buy upon reaching? The chances of full flight is low? Hope you guys can advise. Thks!
Domestic flights usually cheaper around 2 weeks to flight date. You can check skiplagged.com, they have flight ticket price according to time.
fzhfzh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2019, 08:54 AM   #4686

Domestic flights usually cheaper around 2 weeks to flight date. You can check skiplagged.com, they have flight ticket price according to time.
Thks for sharing! Itís advisable to buy beforehand?
Old 13-04-2019, 09:35 AM   #4687
Supremacy Member

Doesnít really matter if you buy before hand, as long as the date you pick is in the right range. But usually domestic flight price donít fluctuate so much. Monday to Thursday flights are usually cheaper.
fzhfzh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2019, 09:40 AM   #4688
Arch-Supremacy Member

I would buy b4 hand, a week b4 my flight was $x, 6 day b4 my flight prices doubled. If I travel with a family of 4, I wouldnít want to risk and not be able to sit on the plane together.
patryn33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2019, 11:40 AM   #4689

I would buy b4 hand, a week b4 my flight was $x, 6 day b4 my flight prices doubled. If I travel with a family of 4, I wouldnít want to risk and not be able to sit on the plane together.
Oh, didnít know it can fluctuate so much...so preferably to buy at least 2weeks before? Luckily have u guys here if not I would have waited till we reach before buying cos somebody has actually told me tt the nearer the dates, the prices will be cheaper but it seems otherwise. Thks guys for your valuable advices. Btw is Skiplagged the only platform that can source for cheap domestic flights? Welcome anymore suggestions. Thks so much!
Old 13-04-2019, 11:21 PM   #4690
Arch-Supremacy Member

Skiplagged Is good for cheap tickets but with transfer generally or flight is really a->b->c but u drop if at B. With check bags can be an issue as your bags go to C! Read this
https://www.godsavethepoints.com/201...l-trick-story/

This is a recent incident on skiplagged
https://www.smartertravel.com/airlin...ity-ticketing/

I usually just google flight or use Skyscanner not much diff.
patryn33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2019, 03:22 AM   #4691
Supremacy Member

I have another issue. We intend to fly to Orlando from San Fran. Heard that we can get domestic flight tickets when reaching upon San Fran & it’s usually cheaper buying nearer to departure dates. Is it true? As our flight will reach SFO in the afternoon, we are left with late afternoon to night flights. Is it safe to buy upon reaching? The chances of full flight is low? Hope you guys can advise. Thks!
This is extremely wrong. The cheapest time to buy US domestic flights is usually about 6-12 weeks out; and airlines are very good at load management, so the flights all tend to be pretty close to full, especially on a route like MCO-SFO which is going to be popular with families. Use Google Flights to find your flights.
Old 14-04-2019, 08:30 AM   #4692

Thks guys for your advices & recommendations. I really appreciate all your advises.

Hi shiny things,
Did you manage to check out on the laundry pricing?
Old 24-04-2019, 10:43 AM   #4693

I'll be planning a trip from San Francisco to Los Angeles.

Wondering which highway I should take:
- Highway 1 (most scenic, longest route)
- Highway 101 (in the middle)
- IS-5 (no scenery, shortest)

I have allocated around 1 day, at most 2 days for the drive down.

If I were to take highway 1, do you think it would be possible to make it in one day?
Or if we took 2 days, do you guys have any suggestions on where to stay/ eat along the way?

Thanks so much!
Pseudomonas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2019, 04:09 AM   #4694
Supremacy Member

If I were to take highway 1, do you think it would be possible to make it in one day?
Or if we took 2 days, do you guys have any suggestions on where to stay/ eat along the way?

Thanks so much!
Take highway 1. Stay overnight in Big Sur (if youíre fancy) or Pismo Beach (if youíre keeping it economical). Trust me on this.
Old 29-04-2019, 01:22 PM   #4695

Go for pch,
Stay at san Simone which is halfway to LA. However if you keep stopping to take picture your journey will be lo get and 2 days might not be enough.

Thanks so much!
Avizoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.