US help.

chimpchimp

Reaction score
try Red Lobster in times square. my family chanced upon it when we were looking for food before the new yr's countdown celebrations. wow the food really impressed me! what's more, the service was good and professional even though the restaurant may seem like a place for casual dining. think restaurants tt people go to celebrate their birthdays, esp families and kids.

patryn33

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Red lobster is like cheesecake factory or upscale TGI Friday, AppleBees. just big franchise.
some good big rest chains to try
http://www.ruthschris.com/Steak-House/3834/New York City/Manhattan
http://www.smithandwollensky.com/menu.htm
http://www.meltingpot.com/

sick of Ang Mo food can get good Jap Ramen
Hide-Chan Ramen
248 East 52nd Street, 2nd Floor, New York NY 10022

Ippudo
65 4th Avenue, New York NY 10003
www.ippudony.com

Totto Ramen
366 West 52nd Street, New York NY 10019
WWW.tottoramen.com

Last edited:

devilish_me

Reaction score
Hi....going to East US as well mid april to end april ( 16 days 14 night )
here is my brief itinery, please advise if it is achievable :

11 Apr - dep to NY
12 Apr - Arrive near noon, catch afternoon flight to Orlando.
Arrive Orlando late afternoon/night - proceed to Disney World
13 Apr - 15 Apr - Disney World Resort
16 Apr - 17 Apr - Universal Resort and Harry Potter Theme Park
18 Apr - Morning flight to Bufallo ( Niagara )- Arrive around afternoon and take
shuttle to the falls
19 Apr - Niagara tours
20 Apr - Take flight to NY morning, arrive JFK afternoon
21 Apr - 25 Apr - NY walkaround

was thinking of going to boston, philly or DC, but feels at this moment there are not much things to do, cos not into museum. library etc
but will change my mind if there is something exciting and worth to go.

the above itinery will be update again hopefully.
if anyone has any itinery for US, please pm me as well as am looking for hotels as well

was just at disney world a week ago. it was shockingly not too crowded. we went on almost all the rides without having to queue for more than 5-10min for each ride. there was NO QUEUE at space mountain and we just breezed through it....unbelievable!!! having been to tokyo disney & disney land....this was the first time i managed to do so many rides without having to try very hard or utilise many fastpasses (i used fastpass twice but even then they weren't really necessary).

i stayed in kissimmee which was quite near disney world at a quality inn. i only paid less than USD40/night with parking, breakfast and internet. i thought it was really inexpensive!

patryn33

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi....going to East US as well mid april to end april ( 16 days 14 night )
here is my brief itinery, please advise if it is achievable :

11 Apr - dep to NY
12 Apr - Arrive near noon, catch afternoon flight to Orlando.
Arrive Orlando late afternoon/night - proceed to Disney World
13 Apr - 15 Apr - Disney World Resort
16 Apr - 17 Apr - Universal Resort and Harry Potter Theme Park
18 Apr - Morning flight to Bufallo ( Niagara )- Arrive around afternoon and take
shuttle to the falls
19 Apr - Niagara tours
20 Apr - Take flight to NY morning, arrive JFK afternoon
21 Apr - 25 Apr - NY walkaround

was thinking of going to boston, philly or DC, but feels at this moment there are not much things to do, cos not into museum. library etc
but will change my mind if there is something exciting and worth to go.

the above itinery will be update again hopefully.
if anyone has any itinery for US, please pm me as well as am looking for hotels as well

14 nites trip cannot cover boston, dc etc too.
lots of museums in nyc already

no jag lag wow!
nyc to MCO have flights ~3pm arrive ~6pm. do give yourself time to go thru immigration and check back in.
fly airtran from MCO to BUF best timing for u. cost ~us$140-200

Last edited:

devilish_me

Reaction score
hey guys,

finally back after 30days on the road. reached the southernmost point of continental USA where sunshine and warmth was plentiful. it felt like another world down in florida. i was in my shorts, tshirts and flipflops in the sunshine state.

i covered the following places along the way (not in sequence 'cos some places we did on the way down south and some places we covered on the way back up). also i've skipped all of NYC, rhode island and connecticut 'cos we've been there too many times:

- princeton
- philadelphia
- baltimore
- washington DC
- NC outer banks
- wilmington
- myrtle beach
- charleston
- savannah
- tybee
- fayetteville
- st augustine
- daytona beach
- cape canaveral
- orlando
- miami
- florida keys
- kendall
- cocoa beach

if you need any info regarding these places for your trip planning...just gimme a shout!

SpinFire

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Which B&B did you stay at? Going over in May,considering accomodation options..

I stayed for 4 nights at Tony's B&B. I don't like the location though, quite far from the main attractions. Takes about 30mins to get to downtown Manhattan. At night, the area nearby is totally dead. The only positive is I got to see the life in Harlem area, it's really different from downtown NY.
You may want to consider The Pod Hotel, better location and quality. My friend stayed there for 4 nights in Dec 2010.

Erwinlow

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ahh. Just booked my tickets yesterday. Flying to San Francisco on the 24th, stopover @ Taipei.

4 nights in San Francisco, 4 nights in Vegas, 5 in LA and 3 nights in Taipei on the way back. Not too long a trip!

Anyone have any experience with this hotel or can recommend any hotels to me? We'll most likely be renting a car from Hertz(Avis is much more expensive from what I've checked).

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Re...otel_Mark_Twain-San_Francisco_California.html

All the reviews seems pretty good, especially its location and stuff. Then got 1 review saying the hotel have alot of homeless people begging outside etc and may not be that safe so I'm having second thoughts.

Is it okay for 4 people to stay in a room as I understand that rooms in the US are pretty big(e.g 2 queen size beds). 2 adults and 2 18 years old.

starstruck123

Reaction score
Hello

for those who went us east coast before, how does one travel from say, new york to dc or boston to nyc? i was thinking of greyhound till i read all the reviews. D: and i was kinda horrified.....

fone

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is it okay for 4 people to stay in a room as I understand that rooms in the US are pretty big(e.g 2 queen size beds). 2 adults and 2 18 years old.

You better check with the hotel and see what room you book, don't get a shock when you arrive. I got see before 2 tiny single beds one (Extended Stay America). I also see hotel rooms that can accommodate up to 6 people (Comfort Suites I think), 2 queen beds plus sofa bed.

Hello

for those who went us east coast before, how does one travel from say, new york to dc or boston to nyc? i was thinking of greyhound till i read all the reviews. D: and i was kinda horrified.....

I would recommend either driving yourself or take plane, or find some better bus services.

devilish_me

Reaction score
Hello

can check out bolt, megabus or fung wah (boston-nyc).

devilish_me

Reaction score

not all are queen size beds....there are some with only 2 single beds or 2 double beds (slightly bigger than single but smaller than queen). usually, there is addtional charge for more than 2 persons. also, if the room is not meant for more than 2 persons (if you don't state upfront), you'd have to bring your own towels 'cos sometimes, only 2 are provided. always check the room configuration and bed specification.

devilish_me

Reaction score
You better check with the hotel and see what room you book, don't get a shock when you arrive. I got see before 2 tiny single beds one (Extended Stay America). I also see hotel rooms that can accommodate up to 6 people (Comfort Suites I think), 2 queen beds plus sofa bed.

I would recommend either driving yourself or take plane, or find some better bus services.

driving not so easy in the big cities like nyc, dc, boston....and parking is hard to find and costly too.

Erwinlow

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
not all are queen size beds....there are some with only 2 single beds or 2 double beds (slightly bigger than single but smaller than queen). usually, there is addtional charge for more than 2 persons. also, if the room is not meant for more than 2 persons (if you don't state upfront), you'd have to bring your own towels 'cos sometimes, only 2 are provided. always check the room configuration and bed specification.
alright thanks!

any recommendations for hotel in san francisco? or which areas to stay is good? like near union square, fisherman wharf etc.

4 nights in san francisco, first 2 nights probably won't be renting a car. last 2 nights will rent a car to drive around to places like the factory outlets etc

WaYne900

Reaction score
hey all, planned a honeymoon trip to USA west coast this sept. anyone can share their itinerary or recommend which hotel to stay?

genie47

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
alright thanks!

any recommendations for hotel in san francisco? or which areas to stay is good? like near union square, fisherman wharf etc.

4 nights in san francisco, first 2 nights probably won't be renting a car. last 2 nights will rent a car to drive around to places like the factory outlets etc

Union Sq? Check out King George on Mason St. Bang for buck but small.

2 days in SF will be good enough actually. Don't rent car to get around in SF. The public transport is pretty good. Drive only if you have to if you are going out of the city.

King George got parking if you intend to rent a car and keep at their carpark for a day before heading out. Prices are different for the room charge if you got a car.

butterscotch01

Reaction score
I was in SF in June last yr.I stayed in a hotel that is about 30sec away from the gateway of Chinatown in San Fran. Hotel Astoria. The room is clean but slightly small but I guess you'll be out all day right:) From my hotel window i can see the downtown area and up ahead would be Union Square. Its quite convenient. You can have your meals there ( avoid those on the main chinatown street, they cater to the americans)(ps. Try Sam Wo. It is good!despite it looking run down and weird cos you enter through the kitchen, sitting is on lv2) or look for the famous golden gate egg tarts:)
Fisherman's warf - pier 37 - financial district - union sq all are within walking distance. Fisherman's warf to Chinatown would take probably about 25-30mins. Hotel to union sq - 5 to 7 mins.

There's a hotel -Grant Plaza. Heard its quite ok too from friends.

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.