HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Vietnam

Like Tree818Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-11-2008, 08:37 PM   #1546
Master Member

qk qn: the plug they use in HCM, is it the same as what we use in Sg? the 3 pin?
leogeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2008, 09:19 PM   #1547

hi everyone,
i on leave from 22 dec to 4 jan, and i like to go to HCM to meet a vietnamese friend that i meet online. may i know is this the good time to go there?
lomjuuuuuuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2008, 10:35 PM   #1548

qk qn: the plug they use in HCM, is it the same as what we use in Sg? the 3 pin?
different... please bring an universal adapter...
ahkwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2008, 11:20 PM   #1549

i go pho24 cos it's near my hotel... pho hoa and pho le seems far from me... de tham street, district 1 is where i am staying now...
i am staying in elios hotel now...

may i know where i can get to the nearest pho24? preferred to be within walking dist...

btw i tried Quan an non...good, but not to say fantastic...but it was indeed very crowded with both locals and tourists..
foofam77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2008, 12:19 AM   #1550

may i know where i can get to the nearest pho24? preferred to be within walking dist...

btw i tried Quan an non...good, but not to say fantastic...but it was indeed very crowded with both locals and tourists..
pho 24 is on the same street as elios hotel... on the same line... i think u walk out from your hotel den turn left or right... u will see it...

btw guys, can vietnam tap water be boiled and consumed??? if use mineral water, can it be boiled and consumed??? wanna cook bowl noodles...
Old 21-11-2008, 12:46 AM   #1551
Master Member

pho 24 is on the same street as elios hotel... on the same line... i think u walk out from your hotel den turn left or right... u will see it...

btw guys, can vietnam tap water be boiled and consumed??? if use mineral water, can it be boiled and consumed??? wanna cook bowl noodles...
u siao bo? or is ur cooking skill jus so pro? need to go all the way there to cook n eat..
jus go out eat lar.. save the problem n super cheap lor

the food there is reali nice
weird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2008, 01:38 AM   #1552

u siao bo? or is ur cooking skill jus so pro? need to go all the way there to cook n eat..
jus go out eat lar.. save the problem n super cheap lor

the food there is reali nice
LOL, not i wan to complain lor... i spent around $60 for 4 days on eating lor... thats alot lor... cos i almost everyday eat restaurant, still haven try road side... dun dare to try so i asking whether can boil the tap water or mineral water to cook bowl noodles... need to save money...

Old 21-11-2008, 08:17 AM   #1553
Master Member

LOL, not i wan to complain lor... i spent around $60 for 4 days on eating lor... thats alot lor... cos i almost everyday eat restaurant, still haven try road side... dun dare to try so i asking whether can boil the tap water or mineral water to cook bowl noodles... need to save money...

iyo no prob one.. but pls dont try the seafood if u hv weak stomach.. i ate on my last day.. heng heng come back sg lao sai.. hahha

other than tat the rest cook food r ok one lar..
weird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2008, 09:25 AM   #1554
Master Member

iyo no prob one.. but pls dont try the seafood if u hv weak stomach.. i ate on my last day.. heng heng come back sg lao sai.. hahha

other than tat the rest cook food r ok one lar..
ok, will take note not to try roadside seafood...

so tt means most other roadside food should be safe?

how is elios room? u staying superior or standard room?
leogeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2008, 09:35 AM   #1555
Banned

Oh.... Techadd....oh.... thank u so much for the ans. Dun worry I'm straight!!

Do you happen to know of any 2nd hand old watch shop in HCMC? I'm into collecting old watches... broken or working dun matter
if you want to look for old watches, go to Ben Thanh Market first. Opposite Ben Thanh Market, there is a bus station, behind that station, there is a street. There are a lot of sellers selling old/damaged/new watches along the pavement of that street. You can also find watches at the next street parallel to that street.

Beware of fake watches when you buy there.

Hope that helps.
playhard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2008, 09:38 AM   #1556
Banned

has any1 eaten here b4?

they say the queues after 6 is ridiculous....does it really live up to its reputation?
As I wrote in one of my posts, if you don't have time and don't know which place to go for each special vietnamese meal, Ngon Restaurant is your choice. You can enjoy there all dishes originated from North to South of Vietnam. One place for all dishes. Price there is ok. I always have lunch there whenever I come back to Vietnam.
Old 21-11-2008, 09:43 AM   #1557
Banned

hi everyone,
i on leave from 22 dec to 4 jan, and i like to go to HCM to meet a vietnamese friend that i meet online. may i know is this the good time to go there?
Christmas is a good time to visit HCMC.

different... please bring an universal adapter...
They use two pin plug only, round type.

You can boil tap water (before consume). Don't drink directly.
Old 21-11-2008, 11:25 AM   #1558

Hi Bros, I have an air ticket to Saigon (HCMC) for sale. Price revised and can fly after 2009. Have a look if interested.

http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/sh....php?t=2151605
lhurgoyf187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2008, 12:47 PM   #1559

Smile

if you want to look for old watches, go to Ben Thanh Market first. Opposite Ben Thanh Market, there is a bus station, behind that station, there is a street. There are a lot of sellers selling old/damaged/new watches along the pavement of that street. You can also find watches at the next street parallel to that street.

Beware of fake watches when you buy there.

Hope that helps.
Wow seems like the streets along Ben Thanh markets have lots of stuff yeah. Oh btw you happen to know if there are any good cheap tailor nearby or in dist 1? Need to doing a replica a dress. Thanks!
pyw_BXS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2008, 01:47 PM   #1560

guys, i jus bought 3 sunglasses for 300,000 dong... is it quite ex??? felt like kena scam... sold by the hawkers walking around de tham street...
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.