HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Vietnam

Like Tree828Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-03-2016, 12:51 PM   #6196

Less developed but doesn't mean backward. It's still one of the biggest cities in Vn. And btw communication wise, you really need to talk to the right target - these include high school and uni students who are expected to know English in school. Of course you can't expect a random uneducated shop salesperson to be able to understand English right?

but if more backward then hcm mean your tieng viet must be a bit standard to go can tho , if not go there one chicken one duck

Last edited by ruantingguang; 14-03-2016 at 01:03 PM..
ruantingguang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2016, 01:01 PM   #6197

Depending on which perspective one looks at. Bangkok is richer in indigenous culture - the wat, temples, floating markets. But Bangkok doesn't have colonial influence. On the other hand, French influence is everywhere in HCM from the Parisian styled cafes to the wide boulevards with tall trees.

Other than that I find both cities are very similar in terms of housing, architecture and esp the wet market. One time I ventured to the west area of the chao phraya river, I thought I was in hcm lol

HCM like better than bangkok. bangkok got nothing to see except for temples and floating market. at least HCM is rich in history.
Old 14-03-2016, 01:06 PM   #6198

for those who never been to vietnam, might expect vietnam to have shopping malls selling clothes like platinum mall...
not everyone well verse mah ...

vietnam cab not very expensive ...
around the same price as bangkok ...
a 15 min cab ride perhaps is abt 3sgd ...
most importantly, so far all the cabs that have taken for my 5 hcm trips
all go by meter ....

vietnam sell those jackfruit crackers nice ...
and also their famous coffee powder ...
hotel price is definitely lower than bangkok ...
most 3* hotels average around 60 rooms only ... unlike bangkok ...
Yes whenever I go hanoi, I'll buy titbits, jackfuit chips nice, also coffee powder and enjoy the local food, seafood, shiok
royalmix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2016, 02:46 PM   #6199
Supremacy Member

Less developed but doesn't mean backward. It's still one of the biggest cities in Vn. And btw communication wise, you really need to talk to the right target - these include high school and uni students who are expected to know English in school. Of course you can't expect a random uneducated shop salesperson to be able to understand English right?
uni student can type english and reply well, speak is still not that good....
But is better than taiwanese english that for sure
rayban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2016, 02:46 PM   #6200
Supremacy Member

HCM like better than bangkok. bangkok got nothing to see except for temples and floating market. at least HCM is rich in history.
Yar lor...When i was in bkk,i damn sianz in the daytime.Must wait till sky turn dark liao then chiong papaya farm to see papaya...

my friends and I , we all think bangkok is better ...
bangkok more things to shop ... more shopping mall
most importantly, most speaks at least basic english ...
in hcm, sometimes u need to point on the image to order food ...
bangkok ppl are more friendly

HCM d1 only abt 6 shopping mall max ...
their shopping malls r not super big, unlike ...
bangkok platinum mall, centralworld, centralplaza, mbk, siam paragon ...
the only biggers ones r like parkson, vincom ...

not much mega supermarket there, expcet Co-op Supermarket in d1 , unlike in bangkok where there is big c and tesco everywhere ...
same same lah no different.
but u go oversea,still chiong shopping center?sg shopping center so many liao sia..

sound like you go there for some fun ^^
Yeah i always go there interacting with the chiobu over there mah...Of course fun...haha...

lol i never suay like u kana custom...... few weeks ago i go dalat with parent come back sg , next day i fly to hcm from sg again less that a day out of custom and go back, viet custom never say anything......

But if is come singapore confirm deport back liao
Actually their media portray our sg image kinda jia lat.From what i heard from my vietnamese friend was that,their media kept reporting singapore custom deport many of their people away from coming into sg.
Which i felt why nowadays i started to return to vietnam and kept tio di siao siao by them.
Maybe another problem that i had a pai kia face bah.
Old 14-03-2016, 02:55 PM   #6201

Be cautious. Vietnam is still very much under Confucius influence where keeping face is very important. A woman seen hang out and be intimate w a western guy or a non-Vietnamese looking guy will be looked down upon
It's always safe to think local act local
Old 14-03-2016, 03:41 PM   #6202
Arch-Supremacy Member

Be cautious. Vietnam is still very much under Confucius influence where keeping face is very important. A woman seen hang out and be intimate w a western guy or a non-Vietnamese looking guy will be looked down upon
got once my friend brought a magazine ...
the front page is a gal dressed abit little, like swimwear ...
then the immigration officer keep look at him ...
luckily let him go ...
dede1217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2016, 03:47 PM   #6203
Supremacy Member

Yar lor...When i was in bkk,i damn sianz in the daytime.Must wait till sky turn dark liao then chiong papaya farm to see papaya...

same same lah no different.
but u go oversea,still chiong shopping center?sg shopping center so many liao sia..

Yeah i always go there interacting with the chiobu over there mah...Of course fun...haha...

Actually their media portray our sg image kinda jia lat.From what i heard from my vietnamese friend was that,their media kept reporting singapore custom deport many of their people away from coming into sg.
Which i felt why nowadays i started to return to vietnam and kept tio di siao siao by them.
Maybe another problem that i had a pai kia face bah.
it is true ma.... custom like need hit quote see viet people ask them go into a room later few hours later send back liao.....
Yet still a lot want to come in knowing the risk
Old 14-03-2016, 10:26 PM   #6204
Supremacy Member

It more happen to the north.Last time i pay an old man to draw my ex gf face.This mother fugger keep talking bad about me to my ex gf saying foreigner were bad all those lp ****...

it is true ma.... custom like need hit quote see viet people ask them go into a room later few hours later send back liao.....
Yet still a lot want to come in knowing the risk
The rate of deporting vietnamese is very fierce now.End up the vietnamese side are not very happy with us especially on the custom side.Well just be careful..

Last edited by Thoma5; 14-03-2016 at 10:28 PM..
Thoma5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2016, 11:45 AM   #6205
Supremacy Member

It more happen to the north.Last time i pay an old man to draw my ex gf face.This mother fugger keep talking bad about me to my ex gf saying foreigner were bad all those lp ****...

The rate of deporting vietnamese is very fierce now.End up the vietnamese side are not very happy with us especially on the custom side.Well just be careful..
when next trip to hcm come meet and la kopi haha
Old 15-03-2016, 02:23 PM   #6206

Should use Viettel, 5500 dong for 1.3gb per day.

Send "MT5" to 191. then when leaving or dont need anymore send "OFF MT5".

Too freaking cheap..
gotten a sim card at hanoi airport. the sim card packages looks the same for all the stores at the airport. the package that i gotten was from Viettel VND 150K. unlimited data + 35 talktime for 1 month

the prepaid sim card shows Combo SIM Viettel 100. price tag put VND 100K, i guess the 50K is for the sales girl to help put in the sim card..

how to check how much credit is left on the prepaid card?

if i want to use the 'MT5' plan after, i have top up my existing prepaid card right?

paiseh, noob here

BombVoyage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2016, 08:03 PM   #6207
Supremacy Member

how to check how much credit is left on the prepaid card?

if i want to use the 'MT5' plan after, i have top up my existing prepaid card right?

paiseh, noob here
You throw the card already ? Can call the international hotline number listed on the card...
Alpaca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2016, 09:40 PM   #6208

anyone keen to buy a mobifone 790mb package? Used very little. More than 750mb left.expires on 22 Mar 2016 but you can top up to extend e validity.
Golfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2016, 10:37 PM   #6209
Supremacy Member

when next trip to hcm come meet and la kopi haha
Can... Will be coming back also but not so soon... You stay in vietnam long term?
Old 15-03-2016, 11:12 PM   #6210

gotten a sim card at hanoi airport. the sim card packages looks the same for all the stores at the airport. the package that i gotten was from Viettel VND 150K. unlimited data + 35 talktime for 1 month

the prepaid sim card shows Combo SIM Viettel 100. price tag put VND 100K, i guess the 50K is for the sales girl to help put in the sim card..
you bought the tourist sim with goodies thrown in

http://prepaid-data-sim-card.wikia.com/wiki/Vietnam
kitkat2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.