Old 21-09-2019, 11:45 PM   #12901

yes but price big difference hehe.

Nandos:
Whole Chicken, 2 large or 4 regular sides =$ 44.90

Chikita: (they are using fresh chicken)
Whole Chicken, 2 large or 4 regular sides = 430K VND = $26.00

power
Old 21-09-2019, 11:46 PM   #12902

Should I change SGD to Vietnam Dong or USD? Which one better? Next month go there..
bring S$ enough, can choose to either change in SG / Vietnam Airport / Vietnam money changers / gold shops

depending on rates
Old 22-09-2019, 08:22 AM   #12903
High Supremacy Member

Just take note of changing money at gold shops...

They give good rates only for big currency notes, such as:
50 SGD note, 100 SGD note, 1000 SGD note
50 USD note. 100 USD note

If you go with smaller denominations like 2, 5, 10, 20 SGD/USD
The rate will be lower

Sent from Henabi virus using GAGT
Henabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2019, 12:05 PM   #12904

Just take note of changing money at gold shops...

They give good rates only for big currency notes, such as:
50 SGD note, 100 SGD note, 1000 SGD note
50 USD note. 100 USD note

If you go with smaller denominations like 2, 5, 10, 20 SGD/USD
The rate will be lower

thanks, i'll be bringing some 50s to change (S$)
Old 22-09-2019, 05:32 PM   #12905

Hello! I’m considering a trip to Vietnam this end November with my other half for about 7 days. Any recommendations to visit?

We currently have nothing planned and are open to suggestions. We like travelling ourselves by Motorbike/ Car if it’s safe
Xunling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2019, 06:29 PM   #12906

Hello! Iím considering a trip to Vietnam this end November with my other half for about 7 days. Any recommendations to visit?

We currently have nothing planned and are open to suggestions. We like travelling ourselves by Motorbike/ Car if itís safe
Why did you choose Vietnam?
ZacharyA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2019, 08:52 PM   #12907
Master Member

if you like riding & natural scenery, head to north vietnam. plenty of beautiful scenic loops, u could try ha giang (i haven't done myself yet)
Hello! Iím considering a trip to Vietnam this end November with my other half for about 7 days. Any recommendations to visit?

We currently have nothing planned and are open to suggestions. We like travelling ourselves by Motorbike/ Car if itís safe
rrr2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2019, 09:31 PM   #12908

Hello! I chose Vietnam because personally, we haven’t been there (I really like exploring countries I’ve never been) and my friend recommended Da Nang previously. I’m sure Vietnam has a lot to offer so I’m unsure where should I start since we only got a week time

Why did you choose Vietnam?
Old 22-09-2019, 09:32 PM   #12909

Thank you for your suggestion! I’ll research on Ha Giang

if you like riding & natural scenery, head to north vietnam. plenty of beautiful scenic loops, u could try ha giang (i haven't done myself yet)
Old 22-09-2019, 11:48 PM   #12910

Hello! I chose Vietnam because personally, we havenít been there (I really like exploring countries Iíve never been) and my friend recommended Da Nang previously. Iím sure Vietnam has a lot to offer so Iím unsure where should I start since we only got a week time
I see.

The reason I asked is because I thought you already have an idea of what Vietnam is like that's why you shortlisted this country.

Depending if you are a scenic person, foodie, experiences, shopping, history of vietnam / cities.... There are a lot of options to choose from.

Can consider Hanoi / Saigon for starters? There are plenty of guides, from day itineraries to food guides
Old 23-09-2019, 09:33 AM   #12911
Supremacy Member

Shopping wise dont think of it.
Da Nang nothing much to do but you can try their resort.
The most fun part about vietnam is to rent a bike and go around like a local.

Hello! I chose Vietnam because personally, we havenít been there (I really like exploring countries Iíve never been) and my friend recommended Da Nang previously. Iím sure Vietnam has a lot to offer so Iím unsure where should I start since we only got a week time
Old 23-09-2019, 09:54 AM   #12912

Hello! I chose Vietnam because personally, we haven’t been there (I really like exploring countries I’ve never been) and my friend recommended Da Nang previously. I’m sure Vietnam has a lot to offer so I’m unsure where should I start since we only got a week time
judging u only have a week there you can't really go from city to city. those angmoh backpack to travel from north to south or vice versa take like 1 month. since it's your first time to vietnam, u can either choose ho chi minh or hanoi. ho chi minh if you prefer the city, hanoi if you prefer nature. both have nearby cities to travel out to if u have time. hcm can go to vung tau or dalat, hanoi can go to sapa.

i really don't suggest Ha Giang loop on motorbike because firstly, i think it may be a bit rush for 1 week. secondly, it's a bit too dangerous for first timers to vietnam.

if you don't have a motorbike license, i really suggest u DO NOT ride a motorbike, especially for a first timer to vietnam. traffic conditions are very different from singapore, and u need to think about insurance coverage as well. besides, if you google about it, u will find information about police everywhere being more strict on foreigners this year, so it's also something to consider about.

Ha Giang is full of winding roads so it can be dangerous for first timers. you can consider this kind of adventurous trip if you have more people with you that are already experienced in vietnam or locals that can communicate easily in case of any trouble.

just be careful if you're still intending to do it.
Old 23-09-2019, 10:03 AM   #12913

Shopping wise dont think of it.
Da Nang nothing much to do but you can try their resort.
The most fun part about vietnam is to rent a bike and go around like a local.
my friend who just wented to Da Nang loved it though. Da Nang trip usually combined with Nha Trang and/or Hoi An.

anyway be careful when u recommend people to rent a bike and go around like local... i know it's just a suggestion, but do be aware most people don't have license and no insurance coverage as a result. travel insurance will not cover also. people may get the impression that it's easy and legal but in fact it is not and may get into trouble with the law.

it should be better for us to inform them the risks involved and if they still choose to go ahead with it, at least they are aware of the risks they are taking.
Old 23-09-2019, 12:21 PM   #12914
High Supremacy Member

Yes. Driving license in wetnam can be obtained using $$$

Henabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2019, 12:25 PM   #12915

Yes. Driving license in wetnam can be obtained using $$$

im a hypocrite though, i also don't have driving license but riding motorbike in vietnam. but ok lah i've been here over a year and got vb gf to show me the basics and sit with me initially to make sure ok.

but if anything happen to me i also llst. fall down twice before but minor injuries and never involve anyone. own self fall down due to poor roads.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.