Like Tree828Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-09-2019, 07:45 AM   #12946
High Supremacy Member

Haven't ride a motor in hcmc for a few years already

Sent from Henabi virus using GAGT
Henabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2019, 09:39 AM   #12947

Haha... I do all these nonsense stuff too.. ride up the pavement, against traffic direction, back lanes and paying off the police when i was stopped at a road block. I also ride fast with my laoya bike and hit an old aunty who pushes her bike cart across the road when green! Paid her 70k when she disappeared and appeared after the collision, holding a big bag of panadol tablets.. 70k is about $4.
lol u hit her why she buy panadol...she headache/fever after that ah. hahaha. anyway these people pushing the cart they will just go as if they own the road. then again, if they don't just whack and go, they gonna take forever.
Old 25-09-2019, 07:32 PM   #12948
Master Member

yeah but sibei stressful if ride like that, i mean u need to focus on unfamiliar road, traffic around as well as controlling the bike

first time crossing road there also shocked hahaha … but pretty good jaywalker now lolz
first time i go those crowded roundabout also scared. but then again, it's like crossing the road, just that we're all on bikes. just slow down and look when is the right time to inch forward, when is the right time to stop and give way.
rrr2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2019, 09:23 AM   #12949

yeah but sibei stressful if ride like that, i mean u need to focus on unfamiliar road, traffic around as well as controlling the bike

first time crossing road there also shocked hahaha … but pretty good jaywalker now lolz
btw, when in vietnam, i actually carry a smartwatch with google maps to navigate to anywhere i wanna go on a bike.

it has been pretty handy..
Old 26-09-2019, 06:05 PM   #12950
Master Member

Usually I prefer public transport in the city. which smartwatch are you using?
Most of these portable tech gadgets have limited battery life.
btw, when in vietnam, i actually carry a smartwatch with
google maps to navigate to anywhere i wanna go on a bike.

it has been pretty handy..
Old 27-09-2019, 09:38 AM   #12951

im using a ticwatch. bought it for around $150-200. battery life is limited, true, but enough for the day ba. only use for navigation.
Old 27-09-2019, 09:42 AM   #12952

That's the thing about smart watches. Some cannot last a full day, a few can last a little over a day to stretch to the following day.

I used a Garmin vivofit in the past (now spoil liow) and it uses a tablet battery and can run for a good 6-9 months on a new batt. Really effective for clocking steps and monitor activity. No maps or GPS or calls or read messages function though.

im using a ticwatch. bought it for around $150-200. battery life is limited, true, but enough for the day ba. only use for navigation.
Old 27-09-2019, 09:42 AM   #12953

Public transport in the city as in public busses? Not slow?

Personally for traffic conditions like saigon and Bangkok I feel that motorbikes / tuktuk is faster leh

Old 27-09-2019, 11:00 AM   #12954

That's the thing about smart watches. Some cannot last a full day, a few can last a little over a day to stretch to the following day.

I used a Garmin vivofit in the past (now spoil liow) and it uses a tablet battery and can run for a good 6-9 months on a new batt. Really effective for clocking steps and monitor activity. No maps or GPS or calls or read messages function though.
well i believe as we move forward with technology, batteries will be more efficient and can last longer. apple watch is pretty good ba, but not designed to work without an iphone..
Old 27-09-2019, 12:17 PM   #12955
Supremacy Member

Mi quang

At D2 near Estrella

Sent from Food, Travel, Sleep And Repeat using GAGT
fortunehunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2019, 02:26 PM   #12956

Although yes, I have to charge my phone daily, even multiple times day, but I can't imagine doing that for a smart watch. Given that likely I have to remove it from my wrist, charge it, put it back on.

Just a hassle. I'm happy with a G shock or an automatic watch.

well i believe as we move forward with technology, batteries will be more efficient and can last longer. apple watch is pretty good ba, but not designed to work without an iphone..
Old 27-09-2019, 09:49 PM   #12957
Master Member

but i feel that still better not to dependent on gadgets too much, especially around city or daily routes. so you can memorized the routes you often take.

i think ticwatch can be charged by powerbank?
Old 27-09-2019, 09:51 PM   #12958
Master Member

relax, no hurry lah. SG work life so hectic, go holiday still rush for what?
Public transport in the city as in public busses? Not slow?

Personally for traffic conditions like saigon and Bangkok I feel that motorbikes / tuktuk is faster leh
Old 28-09-2019, 10:39 AM   #12959
Supremacy Member

VND getting stronger cos S$ getting weaker
roborovsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2019, 03:46 PM   #12960

It's not vnd. Its usd. Cos vnd pegged to usd

VND getting stronger cos S$ getting weaker
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.