HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Vietnam

Like Tree828Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-09-2019, 02:33 PM   #12976

1st travelling solo to HCM next month. Is it raining season there? Travelling on 2nd week of Oct. anything to eat and buy? How much normally u all spend a day there for foods and transport? Can I use Grab with SG acc?

currently yes, raining season. high tide also, some areas have flooding yesterday and today.

in terms of eat, many restaurants or street food all around. you need to do some research first ba. some restaurants that i have eaten at before include tomatito, secret house, marcel burger. some eateries that i went to, i wrote about them in previous post before, quoted below:

1 more spot that i really like is:
Hu Tieu Mi Thap Cam
https://goo.gl/maps/2NYWQ4AfPNuT2mRWA

this place is just opposite the indian temple. the style more of chinese noodles rather than vietnamese. really quite shiok.

if you want a more vietnamese style, recommend to go eat hu tieu nam vang at this place:
Hủ Tiếu Nam Vang Thành Đạt
https://goo.gl/maps/Tj1FRgs4pa8FYj7XA

super crowded like no joke, u need to just whack and order, don't wait for them to come and ask u. if u wait, until at night also no food served to u.
money wise, for comfortable stay, i would bring estimated $50/day. bring that amount in VND. bring extra SGD for emergency. money changers are available near Ben Thanh (those jewelry/gold shops)

and last question, yes u can use grab with your singapore account. tried and tested.
Old 30-09-2019, 05:41 PM   #12977

i agree too. my first time taking vietjet from hcm to hanoi and straight away receive email to tell me my flight delayed few hours. i was gonna meet my parents there (they fly from singapore) and end up they had to wait for me a long time.

seems to me they don't care about flight punctuality at all.
For domestic flights, more often than not will be delayed. Quite common.
grapewall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2019, 06:25 PM   #12978
Supremacy Member

Yup i have taken all flight from singapore to HCM, Vietjet is the worse.

1- Prompt to Delay from SG to VN vice versa.
2- No aero bridge at VN airport
3- Noisy with VN kampong aunties who more kiasu than sinkie and rude.
4- Check in Counter at VN only 3 to 4 lanes for all departing flight (dame long Q lo)

The good is that their in flight food and drinks are far cheaper than Jetstar or scoot.

I agree. Try not to take Viet jet. I took only once and already put off. The terminal 4 at changi for Viet jet is strict on the hand luggage weight and the check itself. Then the flight is delayed by 2 hours, which i believed is the slow take off from vietnam side. You know how bo chup they are on punctuality. Then at hcm airport, no aero bridge. Still have to get down and take a bus to the terminal. The worst is on my return flight, the system allowed me to do online check in and even issued me a seat, only to deny me at the immigration that this is not check in! Wtf!
Oh HAN, i not sure but likely same as HCM ba.

Even from SG-Hanoi and vice versa? But no other airlines are close to vietjet at $227 w/o luggage le. Asking for a fren who missed the sale i got but wanna join me.

Wow, that is bad. Since im taking SIA, i was thinking of letting my fren check in his small lugagge with me for to and fro. But im not sure of flight conditions at hanoi airport side though.
Old 30-09-2019, 07:43 PM   #12979
High Supremacy Member

Vietname airlines shld be better? Prices are abt $20 more nia and seems like no booking fee.
shadow84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 09:03 AM   #12980

Is vietjet or vn airlines the one with ao dai stewardess?

Vietname airlines shld be better? Prices are abt $20 more nia and seems like no booking fee.
Old 01-10-2019, 09:14 AM   #12981
High Supremacy Member

Vn air

Sent from Henabi virus using GAGT
Henabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 09:28 AM   #12982
High Supremacy Member

Vn air

Sent from Henabi virus using GAGT
Not the bikini 1 hor? I rmb that was banned. Lol
shadow84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 10:04 AM   #12983
Supremacy Member

Yes vietnam air is better and is not a budget air line.

Bikini one is viet jet.

Not the bikini 1 hor? I rmb that was banned. Lol
Old 01-10-2019, 10:10 AM   #12984
High Supremacy Member

Toy toyy toy k hee
sanzhu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 10:48 AM   #12985

For domestic flights, more often than not will be delayed. Quite common.
really screw up time planned, selecting a time just to get it ruined by airline delay. end up reach there so late and troublesome to get to airbnb.

and i've also heard that it happens often. but it's not even like <1h delay its straightaway send me email on the day itself to tell me delay 3 hours. like that. wtf
Old 01-10-2019, 10:49 AM   #12986

vietnam airlines is the SQ equivalent of vietnam (not saying they as good as SQ, just that it's their main carrier).

if just $20 more, ofc book vietnam airlines. but typically i don't think it's only $20 more...
Old 01-10-2019, 10:56 AM   #12987

for budget airline to and fro vietnam, just stick to scoot. safest bet.

i also had bad experience with jetstar. not exactly fault with the airline but:

1. tio 1 crying baby for the whole duration of the flight
2. person behind me keep kicking/rubbing against my seat
3. while i was sleeping, my head kena elbowed by someone who was trying to squeeze his way out from middle seat to go toilet. fking pain and woke me up, can't sleep already. added on by point 1.

i personally feel scoot stepping up their game. recently i took their flights (past 2 weekends) and they were very on time. 2:55pm flight and started boarding at 2:10pm, flight took off at 2:55pm punctually and supposed to reach 6pm but touched down at 5:35pm.
Old 01-10-2019, 11:39 AM   #12988
High Supremacy Member

vietnam airlines is the SQ equivalent of vietnam (not saying they as good as SQ, just that it's their main carrier).

if just $20 more, ofc book vietnam airlines. but typically i don't think it's only $20 more...
I just checked with same dates that i booked with SIA, its at $242.40. Difference is that my fren will fly 1 hr later than me, and 2 hrs earlier back to SG. I dunnoe if there will be any booking/payment fee but i tried entering my cc details and i dun see any additional charges.
Old 01-10-2019, 12:16 PM   #12989

full service if 2hours no meals right? only serve drinks?
Old 01-10-2019, 12:17 PM   #12990

for budget airline to and fro vietnam, just stick to scoot. safest bet.

i also had bad experience with jetstar. not exactly fault with the airline but:

1. tio 1 crying baby for the whole duration of the flight
2. person behind me keep kicking/rubbing against my seat
3. while i was sleeping, my head kena elbowed by someone who was trying to squeeze his way out from middle seat to go toilet. fking pain and woke me up, can't sleep already. added on by point 1.

i personally feel scoot stepping up their game. recently i took their flights (past 2 weekends) and they were very on time. 2:55pm flight and started boarding at 2:10pm, flight took off at 2:55pm punctually and supposed to reach 6pm but touched down at 5:35pm.
it's actually tiger routes but since they merged it's under 1 brand - scoot
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.