HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Vietnam

Like Tree828Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-03-2020, 11:09 AM   #13636
Master Member

any official website to monitor covid-19 situation in vietnam? they should one up by now
rrr2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2020, 11:27 AM   #13637

was supposed to fly to Saigon today but got cancelled

from what i hear the Viet govt are very serious and wary about imported cases, but also i hear whispers that they are covering cases up

tiagong got one case in D2 (the poorer side) but it wasn't counted towards the official tally?
You guys should read from credible sources as my wife said so many fake news about the death cases on facebook. They will fine people who post or share fake news about coronavirus.

Last edited by Benny.Tan; 15-03-2020 at 08:26 PM..
Benny.Tan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2020, 07:13 PM   #13638
Arch-Supremacy Member

Starting 16 Mar 2359 hrs, all travellers - including Singapore residents, long-term pass holders, and short-term visitors - entering Singapore with recent travel history to Asean countries, Japan, Switzerland, or the United Kingdom within the last 14 days will be issued with a 14-day stay-home notice (SHN).

not apply to Singapore’s sea and land crossings with Malaysia, National Development Minister Lawrence Wong said, adding that separate arrangements are currently being worked out by a bilateral joint working group with Malaysia.

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news...Nwug7VOE1t4Gz8
Old 15-03-2020, 07:45 PM   #13639
Arch-Supremacy Member

You guys should read from credible sources as my wife said so many fake news about the death cases on her facebook. They will fine people who post or share fake news about coronavirus.
thanks. is your wife a local?

the problem is credible sources also don't know whether got suppressed info, which is what they are alleging.
Old 15-03-2020, 08:18 PM   #13640

thanks. is your wife a local?

the problem is credible sources also don't know whether got suppressed info, which is what they are alleging.
Yes she is. I don’t think they suppress info because they report new cases in real time with hourly updates of the new confirmed cases, suspected cases, where they have visited and who they have met. Very detailed just like in Singapore. The problem why there are a lot of anti government news or fake news is because there are many anti-communist “activists” in Vietnam, who love to criticize and spew hatred for whatever the government does. From what I see, they are taking stringent measures to contain the virus, they can even lockdown the whole street or the whole block just because of 1 confirmed case, and who live in the quarantine areas are even provided with free food and necessities. Starting from tomorrow 16/3, it is mandatory that all its citizens and foreigners to wear face masks when going to public places. I think they have been doing a good job so far. My wife is neutral, she is neither pro communist nor anti communist, but she hates those activists who love to spread toxic and fake news, calling them terrorists.

Last edited by Benny.Tan; 15-03-2020 at 11:28 PM..
Benny.Tan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2020, 10:17 PM   #13641

Lucky me to drop out the plans at the last minute. Can't imagine being stranded in Vietnam or issued with SHN.
sharah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2020, 10:54 PM   #13642
High Supremacy Member

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/singapore-residents-advised-to-defer-all-non-essential-travel-for-next-30-days-as-part-of

Sent from Henabi virus using GAGT
Henabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2020, 09:28 AM   #13643

any official website to monitor covid-19 situation in vietnam? they should one up by now
https://ncov.moh.gov.vn/

this is the official web for monitoring the situation of covid-19 in VN.
Old 16-03-2020, 09:38 AM   #13644

You guys should read from credible sources as my wife said so many fake news about the death cases on facebook. They will fine people who post or share fake news about coronavirus.
many many rumours flying around but i also think that VN govt is doing quite a good job in proactively announcing the cases and transparent about where they were living and what street was affected. they are also quick to respond, for example shutting down the apartment in d10 where there was a confirmed case, or locking down khuong trung street in hanoi after a flight attendant from that alley was confirmed to have the virus.

like seriously. they locked and barricaded a street after it had 1 confirmed case there. i think it shows how serious they are.

however, for those in VN, we all need to be on our guards. even though the cases now just 50+, but technically after not having a single case for 22 days, the number shot up over 3 times from 16.

the kiasu-ness in asians are doing us good when facing viruses like this compared to our western counterparts. we take it seriously and are fast to react and also not complacent.
Old 16-03-2020, 01:55 PM   #13645
Master Member

cam on!

everyone gotta do their part to stop/slowdown the spread. pray it will clear once summer arrives
https://ncov.moh.gov.vn/

this is the official web for monitoring the situation of covid-19 in VN.
Old 16-03-2020, 04:09 PM   #13646

cam on!

everyone gotta do their part to stop/slowdown the spread. pray it will clear once summer arrives
don't count on that... it's summer all year round in HCM and SG. but you don't see the virus clearing also. experts also seem to take back their word that the virus is predicted to clear by May. expect it to last till end of year...
Old 16-03-2020, 04:58 PM   #13647
Master Member

"experts" always flip prata lolz
it's more humid in summer & hopefully that helps reduce spread. i believe those with severe outbreak are mostly in countries with drier air
don't count on that... it's summer all year round in HCM and SG. but you don't see the virus clearing also. experts also seem to take back their word that the virus is predicted to clear by May. expect it to last till end of year...
Old 18-03-2020, 09:36 AM   #13648
Arch-Supremacy Member

Vietnam will introduce mandatory quarantine for all visitors from the US, Europe and ASEAN countries. There are 61 cases in the country.
Old 19-03-2020, 01:44 PM   #13649
Master Member

heard that the closing their air port?>
Old 19-03-2020, 02:44 PM   #13650

heard that the closing their air port?>
Can you substantiate your hearsay? What is your source?
beanstalk6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.