HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Vietnam

Like Tree828Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-06-2020, 04:27 PM   #13696
Arch-Supremacy Member

i'm still in saigon. since 31-jan after cny. cos working full time here. also miss singapore a bit cos long time no return. last time usually will return within 3 months
VN's Covid-19 management as good as it seems ?
Old 15-06-2020, 04:39 PM   #13697

VN's Covid-19 management as good as it seems ?
i guess so. about 60 days without community transmission, i think can say quite ok? ppl outside the country may say that they don't believe the figures, but i personally think it's quite believable. at least the citizens believe so too. slowly now they relax the measures also, now not compulsory to wear masks anymore, unlike before. people are also travelling domestically, slowly but steadily recovering.

however, most of the economy still relies on overseas so u still see companies shutting down and not being able to survive this pandemic. not receiving orders from US and Europe just dealing a big blow to the country.

but i do see small businesses start to open up here and there amidst covid-19. good sign, i guess. people who are frugal and saved up money took this time as a good opportunity to open shop.
Old 18-06-2020, 11:23 PM   #13698
High Supremacy Member

i guess so. about 60 days without community transmission, i think can say quite ok? ppl outside the country may say that they don't believe the figures, but i personally think it's quite believable. at least the citizens believe so too. slowly now they relax the measures also, now not compulsory to wear masks anymore, unlike before. people are also travelling domestically, slowly but steadily recovering.

however, most of the economy still relies on overseas so u still see companies shutting down and not being able to survive this pandemic. not receiving orders from US and Europe just dealing a big blow to the country.

but i do see small businesses start to open up here and there amidst covid-19. good sign, i guess. people who are frugal and saved up money took this time as a good opportunity to open shop.
They are very cautious now when it comes to foreign visitors

Sent from Henabi virus using GAGT
Henabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2020, 12:18 AM   #13699
Arch-Supremacy Member

Anyone had experience of sending computers to Viet Nam? How to go about it?
stillgottheblues is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2020, 10:02 AM   #13700

Anyone had experience of sending computers to Viet Nam? How to go about it?
like a desktop?

i did it before. basically i tore it apart, put into separate anti static bags, attach receipt (wasn't needed in the end, but just in case), then dump it all into my luggage bag. however, i didn't bring my motherboard and pc case.

i was intending to buy new itx motherboard and sff pc case and reuse the parts i have. but i haven't got down to assembling it at all.
Old 29-06-2020, 08:48 PM   #13701

Hi,
Anyone have contact to send a parcel from HCM to Singapore. Approx around 5 kg.
Thanks
cobragold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2020, 07:38 PM   #13702
High Supremacy Member

Now customs very strict

Sent from Henabi virus using GAGT
Henabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2020, 01:06 AM   #13703
Master Member

Is hcm district 1 open for business?

Posted from PCWX using Nokia 3310
Converged is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2020, 10:33 PM   #13704
Arch-Supremacy Member

what's the word on the ground about how the recent cases came about, given the international travel curb ?
Old 04-08-2020, 09:32 AM   #13705

Is hcm district 1 open for business?

Posted from PCWX using Nokia 3310
so far, still open. people are taking additional precautions, bars and ktvs supposed to close but i still see drinking establishments operating.
Old 04-08-2020, 09:36 AM   #13706

what's the word on the ground about how the recent cases came about, given the international travel curb ?
well, if you read vn news, recently they really stomping down on illegal immigrants from China. few vietnamese were caught illegally transporting china people into Vietnam. They suspect that's how the virus relapse here in Danang, but no actual information from the government that they are the source. until now still haven't find patient zero that caused the recent cases.

because of this, the tension and hate for China people increased...
Old 07-08-2020, 01:01 PM   #13707
Banned

Anyone kana the floods?

The main road into Thao Dien kana quite bad. I expect the rest of D2 will have it even worse.
Ole Gunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2020, 03:45 PM   #13708

Anyone kana the floods?

The main road into Thao Dien kana quite bad. I expect the rest of D2 will have it even worse.
i live around d7, lucky i tapao food and got home before the rain got heavy. after that just nua at home already
Old 07-08-2020, 04:40 PM   #13709
Arch-Supremacy Member

like a desktop?

i did it before. basically i tore it apart, put into separate anti static bags, attach receipt (wasn't needed in the end, but just in case), then dump it all into my luggage bag. however, i didn't bring my motherboard and pc case.

i was intending to buy new itx motherboard and sff pc case and reuse the parts i have. but i haven't got down to assembling it at all.
I wanted to send a thinkPad laptop but don't know how to do it.
stillgottheblues is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2020, 06:12 PM   #13710

I wanted to send a thinkPad laptop but don't know how to do it.
oh last time i got someone to bring for me a microsoft laptop over. the full fledged laptop, not the surface pro. it was brand new so it was in the original packaging. they actually tagged it and informed him to go to the counter, but he went toilet and peeled it off and just left.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.