HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Vietnam

Like Tree828Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-09-2020, 12:19 AM   #13726
Arch-Supremacy Member

Yes danang is dame boring compare to Nha trang where night time is crowd with locals and tourist.
Yup. most people will only visit hoi an at night, or go and see the dragon.

But i still prefer danang leh. Not so crowded, and more places of interest and in proximity of 3 UNESCO heritage sites.
Old 28-09-2020, 10:05 AM   #13727

I just said it is near a hotel that's all.

Which part of vietnam do you like to visit the most?
haven't been to many places, but hcm city is definitely better to live in long term compared to other parts of VN.

so far i been to dalat, vung tau, nha trang, ha noi (includes halong and ninh binh).

really want to go central vietnam but haven't got the opportunity yet.

i would say in terms of touring, so far i like dalat the most?
Old 28-09-2020, 10:06 AM   #13728

Hope they open up soon those have families in both country.
i just heard from my korean expat friend that he is now applying for his wife and kid to fly in from korea. he said he received some news about it.

i'm not sure, maybe u can go and check for more info.
Old 01-10-2020, 08:44 AM   #13729
Arch-Supremacy Member

haven't been to many places, but hcm city is definitely better to live in long term compared to other parts of VN.

so far i been to dalat, vung tau, nha trang, ha noi (includes halong and ninh binh).

really want to go central vietnam but haven't got the opportunity yet.

i would say in terms of touring, so far i like dalat the most?
HCMC is big and noisy and bustling, with a lot of mncs setting up and with all that comes the shopping malls, etc. Personally I dislike to stay in big cities like this. The amount of pollution and atrocious traffic are enough to deter me.

I prefer danang as it is a relatively small city but still considered tier 1 but without all the crazy motorbike. Very clean with little traffic and sandwiched between beautiful coast line and mountain.
Old 01-10-2020, 12:46 PM   #13730

Prefer hanoi to hcm
Old 01-10-2020, 04:31 PM   #13731

HCMC is big and noisy and bustling, with a lot of mncs setting up and with all that comes the shopping malls, etc. Personally I dislike to stay in big cities like this. The amount of pollution and atrocious traffic are enough to deter me.

I prefer danang as it is a relatively small city but still considered tier 1 but without all the crazy motorbike. Very clean with little traffic and sandwiched between beautiful coast line and mountain.
haha exactly the fact that it is a bustling city that it is more suitable for expats to live in long term mah. have all the facilities u may need. ofc retirement life is a bit different.

the way u describe beautiful coast line and mountain, is in the eyes of a tourist. that's of course different. i wouldn't recommend anyone to go hcm as a tourist. so boring.
Old 01-10-2020, 04:34 PM   #13732

Prefer hanoi to hcm
sorry to say, but i absolutely don't like the city of hanoi.

it's boring, filled with historical stuff, life just seems dull in general. also not to mention, the gloomy skies, and the wet and cold season.

if you are travelling there as a tourist, sure. it's not too bad, can go up to sapa, halong and ninh binh. quite a decent travel destination compared to hcm.
Old 01-10-2020, 04:36 PM   #13733

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapo...from-australia

good news but at the same time not so much.

singapore side open to VN but VN side also never open... no commercial flights from VN either.
Old 02-10-2020, 08:56 AM   #13734
Arch-Supremacy Member

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapo...from-australia

good news but at the same time not so much.

singapore side open to VN but VN side also never open... no commercial flights from VN either.
My sister and her family wanna come back to singapore from vietnam but they are worried they have to go to quarantine facilities upon returning.
Old 02-10-2020, 09:01 AM   #13735
Arch-Supremacy Member

haha exactly the fact that it is a bustling city that it is more suitable for expats to live in long term mah. have all the facilities u may need. ofc retirement life is a bit different.

the way u describe beautiful coast line and mountain, is in the eyes of a tourist. that's of course different. i wouldn't recommend anyone to go hcm as a tourist. so boring.
HCMC is a big city with nothing to chill out except bars. Many of them rather travel out to see see look look during weekends. I stayed there for a maximum of 1 week to take care of my nephews and I felt like living in a cauldron with nothing to look forward to. Even the native only see that place for work and earn money.

Most tourists use hcmc as a transit point to visit da lat, nha trang or danang.
Old 02-10-2020, 09:25 AM   #13736
Arch-Supremacy Member

Hope everyone is doing good. Anyone still in Saigon?

My company is pulling out of Vietnam for good. Quite sudden but understandable, given the hard times

Miss Vietnam a lot, especially my days shuttling around Thao Dien and Binh Thanh, but no choice I guess.

Hope to return as soon as possible, but it will be purely as a tourist going forward. Maybe the metro will finally be up then
I like going Thao Dien. But it often floods whenever there is rain. It seems to be a place full of expats...
Old 02-10-2020, 09:58 AM   #13737

My sister and her family wanna come back to singapore from vietnam but they are worried they have to go to quarantine facilities upon returning.
article already indicate, just need to do swab, no need quarantine mah
Old 02-10-2020, 10:01 AM   #13738

HCMC is a big city with nothing to chill out except bars. Many of them rather travel out to see see look look during weekends. I stayed there for a maximum of 1 week to take care of my nephews and I felt like living in a cauldron with nothing to look forward to. Even the native only see that place for work and earn money.

Most tourists use hcmc as a transit point to visit da lat, nha trang or danang.
ya that's why i emphasized good for expats i guess. where work is the only concern and it's easy to get around, easy to find what you need, will have sufficient international stuff (in terms of food and buying stuff).

work here so busy also barely have time to venture out during the weekends. just nua at home.
Old 04-10-2020, 07:42 PM   #13739
High Supremacy Member

Good news coming out from Vietnam today

Sent from Henabi virus using GAGT
Henabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2020, 09:36 AM   #13740

Good news coming out from Vietnam today

Sent from Henabi virus using GAGT
what news? never hear anything leh
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.