Visiting BALI first time, need advice/ recommendations?

Henabi

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone know the estimated waiting time for the bali swing on a weekend? Planning a few places in Ubud including the lempuyang temple

Sent from Henabi virus using GAGT

Ringwraiths

Master Member
Reaction score
highly recommend Massimo Italian Restaurant (towards southern end of Sanur) for a meal

value for money, affordable & good food

4 of us, everyone ordered mains, drinks, gelato & coffee. We were stuffed. Total cost was around SGD 60 !

Sanur beach is facing East so if u r staying near the beach, it's nice to walk to the beach to watch the sunrise

There is also a popular night market "Sindhu Night Market" at the northern end of Sanur. Definitely rorth a visit to grab some cheap eats ... starts from 5-6pm til around 9pm (or when food sell out).

Yup agree Massimo not bad Restaurant but must make booking if not very hard to get a seats

weiiix

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi its my first time going bali, which part of ubud to stay ard which is near to makan and cafes.

Tot of staying only at saminyak and day trip to ubud.
Maybe cater 2 days in pool villa ard saminyak.

I always stay in ubud so not too familiar with Sanur accom. Sorry.

But the amenities you mention can be found in min 3 star hotel or resort. Just avoid standalone villas as they don’t serve breakfast

mrashford86

Reaction score
Definitely do trip to Ubud mate - beautiful. I stayed in hotel in a steep valley in jungle - there is a lot like it

Henabi

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just received news that Bali now has this Japanese virus spread by mozzie bite

https://www.9news.com.au/2018/11/08/21/13/japanese-encephelatis-outbreak-hits-bali

weiiix

Master Member
Reaction score
its my first trip to bali, may i know for morning 7am return flight, do you guys booked driver or take taxi?

most probably will be staying at seminyak area.

turboo

Reaction score
Hi guys, any recommendation for car rental? looking for the cheapest option. will be going ard ubud, uluwatu, nusa lebongan, seminyak and kuta for 5 days.

orbea88

Reaction score
Can take cab if your trust them lor. Else best jus book a driver.

its my first trip to bali, may i know for morning 7am return flight, do you guys booked driver or take taxi?

most probably will be staying at seminyak area.

orbea88

Reaction score
You serious about driving? The traffic and 1 lane road and jam.

Hi guys, any recommendation for car rental? looking for the cheapest option. will be going ard ubud, uluwatu, nusa lebongan, seminyak and kuta for 5 days.

orbea88

Reaction score
There’s not only 1 swing. So depends on you, you can choose.

Anyone know the estimated waiting time for the bali swing on a weekend? Planning a few places in Ubud including the lempuyang temple

moisuperman

Master Member
Reaction score
going to Bali for the first time, short trip of 3d2n.

Heard most ppl say to go ubud.

any recommended places to stay and interest and food!

Ringwraiths

Master Member
Reaction score
Arriving at 11pm. Isit hard to get taxi or transport out of airport? Thx

Yup not hard at all...there are tonnes of pple asking if u need taxi haha..But make sure you board 'Blue Bird Group' taxi that is the legi taxi company eg: to our Comfort taxi

The rest of the taxi (Eg: Blue Biru Group / Blue Taxi aka so called not legi taxi) dont run meters so might quote you high price. if not wrong airport to Kuta area ard IDR100K if more IDR 200K than that forget it..Unless u wanna walk abit further to get 'Grab' it will be cheaper i guess.

MightyPigeon

Reaction score
Hi its my first time going bali, which part of ubud to stay ard which is near to makan and cafes.

Tot of staying only at saminyak and day trip to ubud.
Maybe cater 2 days in pool villa ard saminyak.

Ubud is famed for their deep culture and woodworking. The pace is slower, and everything will shut down at 9. While most of the stuff are found in the central of Ubud.
It is either resort food, or Nasi Campur (their version of economical rice where each stall has it own style)

Seminyak is the expensive and cleaner version of Kuta. Mainly attracting Australians and Europeans. Plenty of cafes and restaurants but definitely not cheap.

If your trip is to take a break from hustle and bustle of city life, Ubud is recommended. Otherwise Seminyak works better given that you get to enjoy the beaches and other attractions.

You can do both if you have time.

MightyPigeon

Reaction score
going to Bali for the first time, short trip of 3d2n.

Heard most ppl say to go ubud.

any recommended places to stay and interest and food!

Since your trip is short, I would suggest you stay near Ubud centre area or Sayan area if you like to walk a bit.

You can explore Suweta or parallel roads for nice views of valleys and hidden cafes, or even head up north Tegallalang for the famous rice terraces. Plenty of crafted stuff along the road to Tegallalang.

Rent a scooter if possible. Cuts your timing by a lot and allows you to venture into small roads. Never know what you can find. A cafe with fantastic views, quiet mediation spots, or instagrammable shots.

Ubud has the food like roast piglet (Babi Guiling Ibu Oka), roast duck (Bebek Bengil), and native restaurants (Warungs). I particularly like Warung Makan Teges, and will drop by Warung men Joel if I can.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.