[Intro] Nice US series. - Part 2

mfisbwg

Reaction score
Writers Strike Is Finally Over, Actors Strike Continues

The Writers Guild of America leaders have agreed to the tentative deal to end the writers’ strike after five months of picketing and tense negotiations. But the actors’ strike continues, at least for now.

“Today, your Negotiating Committee, the WGAW Board and WGAE Council all voted unanimously to recommend the agreement,” the guild said (per Deadline) in a statement, confirming that the strike would officially end at 12:01 am PT on Wednesday (September 27).

“It will now go to both Guilds’ memberships for a ratification vote. Eligible voters will receive ballot and materials for the vote, which will take place from October 2nd to October 9th,” the statement continued.

The new agreement runs from September 25, 2023, through to May 1, 2026, and delivers on many of the issues the writers were striking over, including protections against AI, residuals, and data transparency.

On Tuesday, the WGA told its members that it negotiated a new residual based on viewership, meaning writers will get a bonus based on streaming projects that are viewed by 20% or more of the service’s domestic subscribers in the first 90 days of release or in the first 90 days in any subsequent exhibition year.

The streamers will also provide the guild, subject to a confidentiality agreement, “the total number of hours streamed, both domestically and internationally, of self-produced high-budget streaming programs (e.g., a Netflix original series).”

In addition, writers won a 5%-4%-3.5% minimum salary increase over the course of the three-year contract. They also made huge gains in their demands for minimum staffing and duration of employment in TV writers’ rooms.

Development rooms must have at least three writer-producers and 10 consecutive weeks of employment, while post-greenlight rooms must have at least 20 weeks or the entire duration of the post-greenlight room, whichever is shorter

The use of Artificial Intelligence in scripted programming was another key issue in the WGA demands. Under the terms of the agreement, “AI can’t write or rewrite literary material, and AI-generated material will not be considered source material,” meaning that AI-made material can’t be used to undermine a writer’s credit.

Also, under the new deal, each writer on a writing team will receive pension and health contributions up to the relevant cap as though they were a single writer rather than dividing the applicable cap.

The deal with the Alliance of Motion Picture and Television Producers was reached on September 24. Meanwhile, the SAG-AFTRA strike, which began on July 14, is still ongoing. With the actors still out it means it will be some time yet before television begins to return to normal.

mfisbwg

Reaction score
Zorro Reboot Series Unveils Legendary Swordsman's Return in First Teaser

Zorro inches closer to his long-awaited live-action return as the upcoming reboot series flanked by Mediawan Rights drops its first teaser trailer.

Per Variety, the series released a teaser featuring the eponymous swordsman, played by Elite star Miguel Bernardeau, in action as he rides through Los Angeles in 1834. The Bernardeau version of Zorro is a new incarnation of Diego de la Vega, with the main character featuring alongside Lolita Marquez, played by El Dragón: Return of a Warrior actor Renata Notni.

Produced by Spanish company Secuoya Studios, Zorro is the first live-action project chronicling the character since 2005's The Mask of Zorro 2, starring Antonio Banderas. The Spanish-language series features 10 episodes and is directed, in part, by Javier Quintas, known for helming projects such as Money Heist and Sky Rojo. Founder of Zorro Productions Inc. and The Mask of Zorro film franchise producer John Gertz is the executive producer for the show.

A premiere screening for Zorro will take place at Mipcom on Oct. 15, followed by a Q&A featuring Bernardeau and Notni. Amazon Prime Video purchased the series and will show it in the United States, Latin America, Spain, Portugal and Andorra. Meanwhile, Mediawan Rights will distribute the show in other territories. Mediawan's managing director Valérie Vleeschhouwer described the reboot as a “bold adaptation which will provide to a broad audience a good mix of action, adventure, and uplifting moments.”

The Zorro film franchise has long proven to be a successful one ever since the original 1920 movie starring Douglas Fairbanks, with the feature-length effort credited as one of the first to elevate the action-adventure genre. Countless remakes and spinoffs have been made, with Banderas' The Mask of Zorro films being the most famous. The 1998 reboot of The Mask of Zorro, which also starred Catherine Zeta-Jones, Anthony Hopkins and Stuart Wilson, grossed over $250 million on a $95 million budget, making it one of Banderas' most acclaimed projects as the film earned a pair of Academy Award nominations and Golden Globe nods. The Mask of Zorro 2 earned a respectable $142 million on a $65 million budget but was critically panned.

Disney+ Will Also Introduce a New Zorro​

Meanwhile, a Wilmer Valderrama-led Zorro reboot series at Disney+ was greenlit this past March, with Game of Thrones writer Bryan Cogman serving as showrunner. Valderrama, known for his stint on That '70s Show, has been touting the reboot since last year, though there's no update regarding filming or when the show will premiere via Disney+.

Zorro will premiere via Prime Video at an unspecified date.

mfisbwg

Reaction score
The Boys Spinoff Gen V Earns Highest Rotten Tomatoes Score Of Entire Franchise

SUMMARY

• Gen V has the highest Rotten Tomatoes score in the entire franchise, with a perfect 100% from 37 reviews.
  • This new installment in the Boys franchise follows a group of potential superheroes learning to harness their powers at Godolkin University School of Crimefighting.
  • While the score may fluctuate, it currently surpasses all three seasons of The Boys as well as the animated spinoff The Boys Presents: Diabolical.
Gen V has earned the highest Rotten Tomatoes score of the entire Boys franchise. The Boys is an irreverent superhero show based on the comic series of the same name, which follows a vigilante group attempting to bring down the corrupt superhero team known as The Seven. Gen V, which premieres on Prime Video on September 29, will flip the script and follow a group of young potential supes who are attempting to learn how to harness their powers at the Godolkin University School of Crimefighting, which is run by Vought International, the organization behind The Seven.

Rotten Tomatoes has now calculated an official score for Gen V season 1. While the score could fluctuate somewhat as more reviews are added on and around its premiere date, at the time of writing it has an 100% across 37 reviews. This is the highest score of the entire franchise, more than any of The Boys' three seasons as well as the animated spinoff series The Boys Presents: Diabolical.

Could Gen V Continue For More Seasons?

Gen V is continuing a red-hot streak for the overall Boys franchise. So far, the critical reception for The Boys has only grown stronger and stronger, increasing season over season from 85% to 97% to 98%. The Boys Presents: Diabolical has also earned a whopping 97% on top of that.

Prime Video has been responding to the critical and commercial success of the franchise by continuing to invest in it. In addition to the impending Gen V premiere, The Boys season 4 is also coming soon, as filming was completed this April. If audiences respond to Gen V as strongly as critics already are, it seems more or less inevitable that the new show will continue on for another season and potentially even more.

The Gen V cast comes well-stocked with an ensemble of up-and-coming performers who should be able to grow along with the show itself. This includes former Chilling Adventures of Sabrina co-stars Jaz Sinclair and Chance Perdomo, as well as American Pie Presents: Girls' Rules' Lizze Broadway and Project Mc2's Maddie Phillips. With such a bright future ahead of it, it seems possible that the spinoff could run alongside the franchise's flagship show for quite some time.

mfisbwg

Reaction score
Heels Seeking New Home; Stephen Amell/SAG-AFTRA Comments: Showrunner

Earlier this week, the bad news hit regarding the future of the Stephen Amell & Alexander Ludwig-starring Heels, with STARZ confirming that the professional wrestling series had been canceled after two seasons. To say that the news was not well-received by the fans would be an understatement, helping propel #CancelSTARZ to trend nationally. Now, Showrunner & EP Mike O'Malley (who also portrays Charlie Gully) is opening up for the first time post-WGA strike about the decision, about when he first learned of it, and some thoughts on where a third season could go. But in the first highlight below, O'Malley makes it clear that the series is being shopped elsewhere and that he believes "it's going to have a life someplace else." Following that, O'Malley addresses the SAG-AFTRA & WGA-related controversy that Amell found himself in when he was accused of not supporting SAG-AFTRA's efforts.

"Heels" Is Currently Seeing a New Home: "Yeah, we are actively doing it right now. And some of the actors are still under contract. Obviously, the [writers'] strike just ended. I couldn't have any conversations about this [until now], and granted, they just told me on Friday. But not only are we trying to [find a new network], I really believe the STARZ executives when they say they want to see a future for the show too because they did invest a lot in the show… I really do think it's going to have a life someplace else."

O'Malley Spoke to Amell About His SAG-AFTRA Comments: "Well, I called Stephen, and I spoke to him about it. What he was trying to talk about is that he loved the show, and he had an incredible pride in the show. We knew that [his comments] were going to distract from the hard work that the people in both the WGA, of which I'm a member, and SAG-AFTRA, were doing. And I knew that immediately because I had been on the picket line. When I heard, and I called him up, I said, 'Stephen, man, we all got to stand together.' He got it immediately."

O'Malley Sees Amell's Comments as An "Unfortunate Moment" for the Series Star: "I just think it was an unfortunate moment; I genuinely think that he put his foot in his mouth. He felt bad about it. My initial reaction was just like, 'Ah man, I know how this is going to play, and I've got to talk to him about it because I don't think he meant it to come across the way that it did.' I think he was basically saying was what a lot of people were saying, which was that they were frustrated that they couldn't work. But I know where his heart is, and his heart is standing with his union, as he said."

Swordsman

Banned
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
TV“Chucky” Season 3 Trailer – Chucky Takes Over the White House This Halloween!

chucky-333.jpg

chucky become ******* gay show.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.