drama , The-Heaven-Sword-and-Dragon-Saber 倚天屠龙记 2018

wackykid

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Nie Hua Zhi.

Can pick flowers (for girls, or flowers being girls). :s13:

lingbo weibu also... especially in the office and NS to siam responsibilities... :s13:

kui hua bao dian the chop kkj part still relevant for transformers... :s13:

lion roar... when u did something wrong and geddit from ur spouse... :p

regards,
wacky

MrPippen

Banned
Reaction score
lingbo weibu also... especially in the office and NS to siam responsibilities... :s13:

kui hua bao dian the chop kkj part still relevant for transformers... :s13:

lion roar... when u did something wrong and geddit from ur spouse... :p

regards,
wacky

Tan Zhi Shen Tong..dig nose then flick your pi sai far far away :s13:

wackykid

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Tan Zhi Shen Tong..dig nose then flick your pi sai far far away :s13:

玉女素心剑法... for all couples to piak each other... :D
雙手互搏... for multi-tasking... especially when u have one window pcw in EDMW and the other window doing work...

regards,
wacky

Broadwalk

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
wah here the posts go very fast. don't often come forums to post much, as too many things to read to and go through.

to answer some of the queries here previously

a) yes, I did finish 侠客行 2017. agree that too much CGI and the casting and acting were meh.
but managed to finish it as the previous 侠客行1980s one by Tony Leung was quite long ago and could not remember many details.

b) it is not easy to rank each JY drama. but the general consensus is that the earlier works are better as:
- actors chosen were better fit, and they did have better acting skills
- the scripts follow the novels closer rather than twisting too much
- the fighting scenes quality were better
- the 2000s ones try to inject some creativity and spin from the original works, some turn out OK, some were bad. during this period, somehow most characters have similar image and the swords are big and thick like Final Fantasy VII.
- the 2010s ones try to be too clever in casting and story, mostly failed big time
- recent couple of years, they go back to origins and are pretty decent and watchable.
Following just purely based on my personal opinion, some old shows cannot remember much too. i did a quick search and found that i did missed out some JY dramas along the way, as they weren't well known at all.

天龙八部 1997 黄日华 , 陈浩民 , 李若彤
- good cast, good acting, nice flow

天龙八部 2003 胡军 , 林志颖 , 刘亦菲
- decent cast, arguably best "Xiao Feng", good acting, but story flow inconsistent and messy cuts and edit

天龙八部 2013 钟汉良, 金起范, 金铭, 贾青
like 神雕2014, tries to be to creative. poor casting especially with that korea guy. 钟汉良 tried his best but just do not have the QF feel. if this is not a JY drama, it might be decent. scenery, fight scene decent, but hard to match up to previous ones.

射雕英雄传 1983 by 黄日华 , 翁美玲
射雕英雄传 1988 by 陈玉莲 , 黄文豪
These two cannot remember very much the details. but would say that the casting and acting were good

射雕英雄传 1994 张智霖 , 朱茵
射雕英雄传 2003 李亚鹏 , 周迅
射雕英雄传 2008 胡歌 , 林依晨
would recommend all 3 to anyone who wants to shediao. overall all 3 are decent, though 2008 version deviate a bit from the original story but not too bad.
张智霖 & 朱茵 to me were very good casting. 朱茵 is very good, but her looks tend to be too modern.
李亚鹏 to me is average. 周迅 image and her voice just not right for Huang Rong.
胡歌 is too handsome, while 林依晨 to me is not beautiful enough.

射雕英雄传 2017 杨旭文 , 李一桐
going back to origins is good and finally a recent JY drama that the director do not twist too much.
good production, scenery, casting. just feel that male lead 杨旭文 is not outstanding, but 李一桐 to me is the best Huang Rong

神雕侠侣 1983 刘德华 , 陈玉莲
神雕侠侣 1995 古天乐 , 李若彤
神雕侠侣 1998 李铭顺 , 范文芳
神雕侠侣 2006 黄晓明 , 刘亦菲
like the above ones. 刘德华 & 李铭顺 have matured face, but at least have that little mischievous feel. 陈玉莲 & 刘亦菲 to me are the best XLN. 李若彤 is good, but a bit matured for the role as XLN was supposed to be younger. 范文芳 is decent but just does not stand out in anyway. the TCS production was better known for the supporting casts. the 雕 in each serial is a talk by itself, but all were interesting at the point of time due to the technology.

Poor:
神雕侠侣 1998 任贤齐 , 吴倩莲
Richie is just not right. 吴倩莲 was decent and beautiful in her way, but also not really right for XLN. story was slightly changed and overall forgettable.

神雕侠侣 2014 陈晓 , 陈妍希
as many have pointed out, this is more like Li Mochou story.
陈妍希 is just not right. It is not her fault, and i wonder how everyone from casting, producer, director, investors and anyone involved could even let the filming finish and think she can pull it off as the legendary XLN.

倚天屠龙记 1986 梁朝伟, 黎美娴, 邓萃雯
Classic series, with good actors and casting. it sort of created the benchmark to follow. though looking back, some of the pacing was inconsistent.

倚天屠龙记 1994 马景涛 , 叶童 , 周海媚
Good: 周海媚 one of the best ZZR. 叶童 acted well but i think she is not exactly considered "pretty". 马景涛 wasn't bad, but like in XAJH, his acting is too exaggerated, much like a cry-baby. YangXiao was handsome, other cast wasn't that memorable

倚天剑屠龙刀 2001 吴启华, 黎姿 , 佘诗曼 , 刘松仁
imo, this is the better one after 1986 version. Overall, casting, acting, actions were good, only that 吴启华 is a tad old, though he made up for it with his good acting.

倚天屠龙记 2003 苏有朋 , 贾静雯 , 高圆圆
倚天屠龙记 2009 邓超, 安以轩
both drama were relatively released closely, and comparisons were inevitable. 苏有朋 , 贾静雯, 高圆圆 were good, but 安以轩 was perhaps under-rated. i felt she was even better than 贾静雯. 邓超 was meh for ZWJ, he had only one type of expression almost throughout the whole show. ZZR in 2009 was also not beautiful, look too auntie. do not like the ending for both series. 2003 version filmed too much like 偶像剧, ending just focus on the two happily everafter. 2009 ending felt rushed, stupid, illogical and WTF

倚天屠龙记 2009
so far not bad. many actors not well known, but appreciate the casting is generally spot on and acting has been good. slow-mo in fights are fine for me, but some scene like ZCS suicide and male support female from fall no need slow-mo.

笑傲江湖 1996 吕颂贤 , 梁艺龄
to me this is still the best. the budget werent big, and actors were not exactly the biggest starts, but the casting, acting, fight scenes were all very good. 吕颂贤 fits the role very nicely.

笑傲江湖 2000 马景涛 , 范文芳 , 郑秀珍 , 陈秀丽 , 李锦梅 , 周初明
this is highly rated even to China viewers. obviously helped by lead role 马景涛, who was popular at that time. however, i felt that his acting is more like the Qiong Yao cry-baby type. outstanding performances by 郑秀珍,陈秀丽, 李锦梅, 周初明 highlighted the golden era for SG TV.
To me, it shows that with the right casting and production, we managed to have 笑傲江湖 and 神雕侠侣 in the 90s, yet our local TV station now come out with shows of noisy neigbhours quarreling and government propaganda.

笑傲江湖 2000 任贤齐 , 袁咏仪
this is still watchable, though Richie again wasnt exactly a right fit. the fight scenes are not exciting too.
笑傲江湖 2001 李亚鹏 , 许晴
watchable, but 李亚鹏 don't fit. overall not a lot of dramatic scene nor breathe-taking part to make people look back and remember much.

coming from 1996 version and our local SG version, both are a step down

笑傲江湖 2013 霍建华 , 陈乔恩 , 袁姗姗
it seems that creativity to some of the producers/directors mean twisting the story. mainly in part due to 林青霞 very success 东方不败, 陈乔恩 role is very meaty here and over-shadow RenYingYing by 袁姗姗. i do not like the way they twist the story and make 东方不败 so much central to the plot. but at least the filming was decent and development was interesting. the fight scenes were too simple: speed = win.

笑傲江湖 2018 by ????
this is one that i stopped early. couldn't even pick up any interest to continue. poor cast, average acting, poor pacing, lousy fight scenes. LHC looked like a 18yr old waiting to go NS. and i read that the story twisted so much and did not make any sense. watched some fight scenes of latter episodes on youtube, so regretable and amateurish that would not WOW anyone. maybe the director was trying to be "realistic", but how on earth can one tell that 独孤九剑 or 葵花宝典 was awesome if they look so weak and slow, just like any other skills?

for the following JY dramas, some are too old for me to remember much, and like many others, I am not as familiar with the original stories, hence comments may be off.

鹿鼎记 1984 梁朝伟 , 刘德华
鹿鼎记 1998 陈小春
classic and both are the series that i remember the male actors more than the female ones.

小宝与康熙 2000 张卫健 , 林心如 , 朱茵 , 舒淇 , 陈法蓉
鹿鼎记 2008 黄晓明, 钟汉良, 宁静, 徐锦江
张卫健 is funny but he tried too much to be like 周星驰。makes it too much like his typical drama than a JY drama. fabulous cast of beautiful female leads.
黄晓明 was good, but perhaps too mischievous and flirty. overall a decent JY drama

鹿鼎记 2014 韩栋, 张檬 , 贾青 , 吴倩
first 鹿鼎记 that the male lead was not outstanding in anyway. he cannot really carry the show. can be boring at parts, best to go for the other versions.

雪山飞狐 1999 黄日华 , 张兆辉, 陈锦鸿 , 邵美琪 , 佘诗曼
don't remember much of the story, but certain characters were omitted from this version.
雪山飞狐 2007 聂远 , 朱茵 , 谭耀文
many eye candy in this one. the flow was quite bad, some scenes move too fast, some scenes very slow. it is like the director could not decide what he wanted to focus

书剑恩仇录 2002 赵文卓 , 关咏荷 , 吕良伟
the casting was decent and action was good, at least for that period then. not a must watch as could be draggy

连城诀 2004
not familiar with this JY novel. the drama was decent, but the story is pretty sad and draggy.

This is a good reference. :o

Kenshin79

Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
You missed the first 倚天.

郑少秋 as zwj.

1979. I think SBC broadcasted in 1980.

25ep so the pace was super fast.

there are many earlier dramas for JY novels.
but I am not so uncle :o 1980 I only 2yr old. I feel 郑少秋 as ZWJ also weird and did not want to pursure ;)

MrPippen

Banned
Reaction score
玉女素心剑法... for all couples to piak each other... :D
雙手互搏... for multi-tasking... especially when u have one window pcw in EDMW and the other window doing work...

regards,
wacky

:s13::s13:

雙手互搏 very useful indeed....for many many things.. :D

hentaixp1985

Master Member
Reaction score
You missed the first 倚天.

郑少秋 as zwj.

1979. I think SBC broadcasted in 1980.

25ep so the pace was super fast.

I wonder if anyone remember in 1996 every week day 11am to 12am TCS broadcasted old wuxia drama. I was in primary 5, having afternoon session so I got to watch TV before I went to school. They were tian long babu 1983, flying fox of snowy mountain Taiwan version, reincarnation atv

LoneTraveller

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It's already like you play RPG. There are skill sets and stats. ZWJ has good skill sets but poor stats. QF is like having god-like stats, so even a normal skill will deal extra damage... Haha

Sent from 大帅哥 using GAGT

No lah, zwj has both good skills sets and good stats. It's just that the user do not know how to use to his advantage. So it's a user problem lah. Lol

netbookcraze

Banned
Reaction score
there are many earlier dramas for JY novels.
but I am not so uncle :o 1980 I only 2yr old. I feel 郑少秋 as ZWJ also weird and did not want to pursure ;)

Hmm.. most of the earlier adaptation were directed by 萧笙.

Basically he started the TV craze of adapting jy and GL novels.

You have listed some of his later works in tvbs.

Steyr69

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Tonight start again.....

actually regarding this Yukee....I was one of those who commented she lack that charm as Zhao Min
but as i progress to watch....i find she is cute n witty and got great facial expression when acting as Zhao Min. correctly bringing out Zhao Min's character.

now im beginning to like her too...=:p

Soulblade

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Tonight start again.....

actually regarding this Yukee....I was one of those who commented she lack that charm as Zhao Min
but as i progress to watch....i find she is cute n witty and got great facial expression when acting as Zhao Min. correctly bringing out Zhao Min's character.

now im beginning to like her too...=:p

She is always suitable to act in that role. Because she had already acted in the exact role in wei yang series and excel in it. The director made a great choice.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.