Fitbit Charge 2 - Heart Rate + Fitness Wristband

wwh5210

Master Member
Reaction score
am considering this and the garmin vivosmart hr+, but i have an apple watch already, hmmm.
both charge 2 and Hr+ compelling options

Was considering both as well and ended up buying Garmin vivosmart hr+ from carosell. The main reason is due to water resistance level. Fitbit Charge 2 is splash proof while Garmin vivosmart hr+ is 5 ATM although Fitbit Charge 2 is more trendy looking lol. One more additional feature from Garmin vivosmart hr+, it supports most of the 3rd party notifications such as Whatsapp, Line, Email, Gmail, FB, Messenger and so on.

Last edited:

swgj86

Master Member
Reaction score
Was considering both as well and ended up buying Garmin vivosmart hr+ from carosell. The main reason is due to water resistance level. Fitbit Charge 2 is splash proof while Garmin vivosmart hr+ is 5 ATM although Fitbit Charge 2 is more trendy looking lol. One more additional feature from Garmin vivosmart hr+, it supports most of the 3rd party notifications such as Whatsapp, Line, Email, Gmail, FB, Messenger and so on.
yeah i did my research on both too. ended up .. not buying either .. since my AW could do most of the things except sleep tracking which Apple is said to be working on.

a bit waste money if wear AW and a Fitbit or Garmin. thanks for your input :)

wwh5210

Master Member
Reaction score
yeah i did my research on both too. ended up .. not buying either .. since my AW could do most of the things except sleep tracking which Apple is said to be working on.

a bit waste money if wear AW and a Fitbit or Garmin. thanks for your input :)

U are welcome!! I think Apple Watch is way more premium in terms of build quality, UI and price lol. No point comparing a smart watch with a fitness tracker since they are mean for different purposes.

swgj86

Master Member
Reaction score
i know. embarrassed to say, but only starting to explore the Activity feature of my AW recently. quite decent la, esp with other running apps. with HIIT trg feature somemore.

if i haven't gotten the AW, fitbit or garmin would definitely be my pick.

U are welcome!! I think Apple Watch is way more premium in terms of build quality, UI and price lol. No point comparing a smart watch with a fitness tracker since they are mean for different purposes.

boss00

Reaction score
I'm pondering between AW or Fitness Tracker. But I love to wear Analog Watch too!!

And having analog watch on left, and AW on right just looks idiotic.

best.. ChargeHR2 or vivosmart TELL TIME TOO!

Waiting for jawbone UP4 (maybe)?

i know. embarrassed to say, but only starting to explore the Activity feature of my AW recently. quite decent la, esp with other running apps. with HIIT trg feature somemore.

if i haven't gotten the AW, fitbit or garmin would definitely be my pick.

Fragum

Master Member
Reaction score

rodimus_prime

Master Member
Reaction score
I'm pondering between AW or Fitness Tracker. But I love to wear Analog Watch too!!

And having analog watch on left, and AW on right just looks idiotic.

best.. ChargeHR2 or vivosmart TELL TIME TOO!

Waiting for jawbone UP4 (maybe)?

Exactly my situation. Want to wear my analog watches as well. Hv a AW but still settled for Charge 2 eventually. Using the Milanese strap or leather strap works well.

teckgamer

Reaction score
Hi peeps, Fitbit Charge 2 vs Samsung Gear Fit 2?
My main reason is to track heart rate while I'm asleep. To find out if I have a "good" or "bad" sleep.
Fitbit have a continuous 24/7 heart rate tracking, whereas Samsung Gear Fit 2 is more towards interval session (eg. every half hour or so?)
Fitbit or Gear 2 users any comments?
Let's assume the price are a non-factor.

Fragum

Master Member
Reaction score
My main reason is to track heart rate while I'm asleep. To find out if I have a "good" or "bad" sleep.
Fitbit have a continuous 24/7 heart rate tracking, whereas Samsung Gear Fit 2 is more towards interval session (eg. every half hour or so?)

According to fitbit site, sleep tracking is not based on their heart rate tracker.

How do I track my sleep?

Autodetection is based on your movement. When you haven’t moved in over an hour, algorithms assume that sleep has begun, which is confirmed by the length of time your movements are indicative of sleep behavior only (rolling over, etc). Morning movement tells your tracker that you’re awake. If you’re not moving but not asleep for long periods of time it’s possible for your tracker to falsely record sleep, in which case you can delete the sleep record from your dashboard.

ablue15

Reaction score
Actually i think Fit 2 better?
Standalone GPS, 4Gig space to store mp3, larger and vibrant screen.
I very tempted to buy for jog. No need bring HP for jog.

Lasdax

Reaction score
Actually i think Fit 2 better?
Standalone GPS, 4Gig space to store mp3, larger and vibrant screen.
I very tempted to buy for jog. No need bring HP for jog.
Yes. I think fit 2 is better. But the battery is why I choose charge 2 instead

Sent from ZTE A2017G using GAGT

Fragum

Master Member
Reaction score
The sleep stages update is here !

g8sq2bh.png

Last edited:

Fragum

Master Member
Reaction score
F1hKWex.jpg

Challenger selling 3rd party silicone straps

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.