HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Fitbit Versa

Like Tree5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-04-2018, 08:46 PM   #151

My Dad just use it for the notifications, steps and sleep analysis only. Don't use the rest of the functions much. Alarm I not sure. But as usual, the answers he gave me for my questions to him are usually not the actual things he do one. That I am very sure. LOL. Anyway, let him use and see his feedback. I wait for my SE then test myself.

No need to pray lah...lol. What will come, will come.

But seriously, the strap is a PITA to change
Senior citizens would appreciate all those features your Dad is using. Only thing is they may complain Fitbit is expensive. Irony is, this same group can accept Rolex price tag.

I just ordered straps. Thanks for warning me it is PITA to change. Enjoy your SE when it arrives.

Is the heart rate accurate ?
I just compared my Omron BP machine measurement with Fitbit. Omron says 74, Fitbit says 76.
Level42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2018, 08:54 PM   #152
Master Member

How Long is the delivery? Got my versa today but worry that the screen will scratch so didn’t wanna open it. From the Fitbit community forum, many mentioned that it’s very easy to scratch. Was hoping there’s a physical store that I can just drop by and buy.
Few days ba. (1-2 days in China, 3-4 days China to sg) Cause sun bian ship with my others stuffs I've ordered.

Not sure bout how easy to scratch, first thing I apply the liquid coating Liao. While waiting for the screen protector.

Last edited by RocketBunny; 27-04-2018 at 08:56 PM..
RocketBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2018, 09:03 PM   #153

Can confirm, the Special Edition only comes with the woven strap but not the standard black one?
nubbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2018, 09:43 PM   #154

Can confirm, the Special Edition only comes with the woven strap but not the standard black one?
Based on youtube unboxing videos, it will come with the black strap (short and long included). The woven band also will have the long strap.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIof7_Xq0oc

Different folks !!! Different strokes !!!
cstanhwz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2018, 12:26 AM   #155

Based on youtube unboxing videos, it will come with the black strap (short and long included). The woven band also will have the long strap.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIof7_Xq0oc
Locally in sg, there is no special edition. The two woven strap models do not contain a second band.
Unless you buy the special edition from overseas
altca4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2018, 12:40 AM   #156

I just ordered straps. Thanks for warning me it is PITA to change. Enjoy your SE when it arrives.
Thanks....Oh, just saw another video...the reviewer guy changed the strap quite easily. Guess the one I changed is one of those PITA ones...lol

Locally in sg, there is no special edition. The two woven strap models do not contain a second band.
Unless you buy the special edition from overseas
Ah...my SE (on the way) is from US, so I thought he was referring to the US version.

Old 28-04-2018, 12:55 PM   #157

Challenger Bugis has the SE version for $358. $345 for member. Cones with the extra classic band like the US.

Old 28-04-2018, 07:39 PM   #158
G4
Master Member

Singapore SE edition comes with
Woven and classic band.
G4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2018, 07:50 PM   #159

Basically, all the SE version are the same.

Old 28-04-2018, 10:42 PM   #160
Master Member

Anyone knows where I can the silver version?

Preferably at Capitalmall
Tooi Kono Machi De is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2018, 02:57 PM   #161

Fitbit’s logistic chain in asean quite weak? (At least in sg). Been quite a while since the official available date and yet some editions or colors are still scarce while official accessories are non existence...
Any recommendation for source to get reliable straps?
altca4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2018, 09:56 AM   #162

Any recommendation for source to get reliable straps?
I ordered my straps from Qoo10 because I had to top up the cart to use the $30 coupon. The seller has not shipped yet. When I receive them, I will share my experience with changing the strap and the strap quality. cstanhwz is not so sure of the straps he bought. RocketBunny bought from Taobao but yet to receive.

I recommended the Milanese strap from China because we got somebody to buy for Charge 2 from Shen Zhen Hua Qiang Bei. It has a magnetic clasp and is very easy to wear and remove. Fitbit original mesh strap does not look magnetic.

Anyway I am happy with my black + rose gold milanese strap..
Good combi.
Where did you pick up your strap?
Old 30-04-2018, 10:06 AM   #163

Just want to share that the battery drops from 100% to 99% very quickly because Fitbit uses "Floor" to display battery indicator. What is Floor?

Floor(99.99) = 99
Floor(99.5) = 99
Floor(99.1) = 99
Floor(99.0) = 99
Floor(98.9999) = 98

As you can see, Floor practically lops off the decimals. I found this out when I was creating a clock face. I did get the battery to stay at 100% slightly longer once. However, I have now decided it is safer not to overcharge the Fitbit Versa.

After I let my battery dropped to 0% and charged it back up, it seems to be doing better now. With Quick View off for 20 hours, I managed less than 15% of battery usage for the first day. It could be too early to call, given my battery plunged from 3% to 0% previously. We shall see.

PS: It is bad for lithium battery to have no charge. When I was draining my battery, I was watching it very closely, hence I managed to charge it within 15 minutes when it hit zero.

Last edited by Level42; 30-04-2018 at 10:26 AM..
Old 30-04-2018, 10:45 AM   #164
Master Member

Received my strap from TB.. but feels kinda rough and doesn't match the black watch also.
Not sure if original feels the same or not tho..

Take note.. changing strap with the casing on is still a pain in the ass.. easiest way I feel is pull the lever and push the strap in after aim properly. Ugh

The silicon casing is good to have.
Spoiler!

Just the casing with the original strap
Spoiler!

And for SP (several pieces in a pack).. The one I got from TB is a film type which also fingerprint and oil magnet, lousy. Guess I'll make do for now.
Spoiler!

Last edited by RocketBunny; 30-04-2018 at 10:54 AM..
RocketBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2018, 11:49 AM   #165

Received my strap from TB.. but feels kinda rough and doesn't match the black watch also.
Not sure if original feels the same or not tho..
Wow. Very fast delivery. Nice photos. Your watch looks very protected.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.