HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Fitbit Versa

Like Tree5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-06-2018, 12:08 PM   #331

How many days has that been?
Mine used about 15mb in just 1 day.

Mine is on.. Would you be able to get notifications etc. if all day sync is off?
talberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2018, 12:45 PM   #332

I bought mine on 11 Apr. You can still receive notification and call alerts when All Day Sync is off. "All Day Sync" supposedly drains battery too.
Level42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2018, 01:05 PM   #333

I see. Thanks.. Hmm, so if I turn on All day sync, it wills till sync with my phone? Just not so frequently?
Old 13-06-2018, 01:09 PM   #334

Welcome Everytime you launch app, it will sync. No need to manually sync. "All Day Sync" type of feature is more for the future, I feel. Will explain later. Have fun!
Old 13-06-2018, 08:52 PM   #335

My screen protector cracked today. Before removing it, I thought it was the screen that cracked as I couldn't feel the lines. Thank God I put the screen protector on. Definitely need to order more screen protectors now, as I am down to one spare.

Last edited by Level42; 13-06-2018 at 08:55 PM..
Old 13-06-2018, 09:37 PM   #336

Just Checking anyone has sync issues with Android? Especially Oreo? There is Corp. discount at my workplace and recently my LG G watch R battery died AGAIN..... thinkig if i should just buy a new wearable instead.
Prolly HWZ's most otaku mod XD |Speedknight.com:-Capturing the Photographic Memories of Singapore's Japanese Sub(pop)culture Events & More.|Speed is a wonderful servant but a deadly master| A moment of Stupidity,A lifetime of regrets

speedknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2018, 09:42 PM   #337

Mine has been syncing good. No issues at all
I'm using a S7 edge, Nougat.
Old 14-06-2018, 01:07 AM   #338

If don't wear much then
Reznik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2018, 06:47 AM   #339

Have you seen this?
https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Andr...y/td-p/2578570

Some people still seem to have problems, but others say they managed to work around things.

Mine is 77.4MB data used so far for Fitbit App. Is "All Day Sync" on or off for you? Mine is off.
Thank you. I'll read up on the thread.
oscarorange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2018, 12:34 PM   #340

Thank you. I'll read up on the thread.
All the best. Hope you figure out. I read somewhere there are 3 processes in Fitbit App. Somebody could see it on Android. I cannot see number of processes per App on iOS. I understand it could be the normal bluetooth, BLE, and something else. It's like the App uses multiple protocol/mechanism/whatever you call it, to communicate with Versa.
Old 14-06-2018, 12:38 PM   #341

My take on "All Day Sync" in the future. There was this 20-year old (slightly < than 20) commercial that went like this.

A man was shopping when he felt somewhat uncomfortable. He stopped momentarily and brushed off his discomfort to carry on his activity. His wearable technology was transmitting real time health data to a server. At the backend, the server was monitoring his health 24x7. An anomaly triggered an alert, which dispatched the nearest ambulance to the said man at his current location. All these while, the man was oblivious to what was happening.

He was feeling worse and decided to go outside for a breather. The ambulance screeched to a halt outside the shop. While he was staggering outside, paramedics rushed towards him with stretcher, oxygen mask, etc. Before he collapsed from his heart attack, he was already being attended to, preventing death and paralysis.

This was and probably still is, the vision of future proactive health care.
You really have to give it to the Americans for having such visions. What was technology like when this commercial was aired in America? Mobile phones just became mainstream. There was no Smartphone, hence no keyboard. We used number pad to type SMS. There wasn’t even T9 then. We were struggling to understand location-based services as it was going to be made available. Asia was the most advanced in Telco (courtesy of Japan), followed by Europe then US. Yet, Americans can ‘see’ how things could pan out.

Fast forward to today, that commercial is quite believable. There is still way to go, integrating everything and having more meaningful health data measured and transmitted. When the day comes, and the service is made available to you, please don’t blur blur turn off “All Day Sync”.
Old 14-06-2018, 03:16 PM   #342

i got issues on transfering the music due to drm. i use fibit connect and transfer the song fr itunes to fibit but not all the song able to transfer only few songs able to go in. Rest will be unsupported file.
takeboshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2018, 10:15 AM   #343

With regards to eternal obsession with Fitbit Versa lowest price. Rose Gold is now going for $237.10 at Axtro Sports @Qoo10 with 10% shop discount and $50 cart coupon until 17 June. Delivery is free.

Separately, I have no problem with DRM for music purchased from iTunes. I created a separate playlist, sometimes dragging from iTunes library, other times via Finder folder, to the playlist. No problem with transferring the full playlist to Fitbit Versa so far.
Old 16-06-2018, 10:26 AM   #344
Master Member

If only they support Spotify or apple music
RocketBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2018, 10:28 AM   #345
Master Member

With regards to eternal obsession with Fitbit Versa lowest price. Rose Gold is now going for $237.10 at Axtro Sports @Qoo10 with 10% shop discount and $50 cart coupon until 17 June. Delivery is free.

Separately, I have no problem with DRM for music purchased from iTunes. I created a separate playlist, sometimes dragging from iTunes library, other times via Finder folder, to the playlist. No problem with transferring the full playlist to Fitbit Versa so far.
Can be cheaper with use of Giftcards ($100 2% off) and qpoints plus shopback (1%).
RocketBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.