HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Fitbit Versa

Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-04-2018, 08:58 AM   #61

I like mine so far. Hope you have fun with it.

I had some challenges with the music transfer initially. Eventually it worked, but I only transferred 5 songs. I am a Mac user, so struggled with the Fitbit Connect app. I was only successful, after triggering the Wifi settings again.

Are you using Windows ? I see some people saying there is a difference between Windows 10 Fitbit App and Fitbit Connect on Windows.
Yup I am using window 10. I have to constantly monitor my watch. Till now I still can't transfer all my Playlist in.
rey_85 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2018, 09:42 AM   #62

Yup I am using window 10. I have to constantly monitor my watch. Till now I still can't transfer all my Playlist in.
Ok, I think your transfer is bluetooth, not Wi-Fi, hence you have problems. I had 5 songs in my playlist. Just added another 34 songs, about 150 MB, so now have 39 songs. It took 20 minutes to transfer 34 songs. This is what I do to transfer music. You have to use Phone, Watch and Computer.

---------- Steps to Transfer Music ----------

Watch - Check Wifi status from Settings->About. IP Address says Wi-Fi off.

Phone - Fitbit Versa -> Media -> Manage Wi-Fi Networks. Go through everything to trigger Wifi connection on your watch. When it is connected, leave screen alone. Don't quit.

Watch - Big green tick should show moment Wifi connection is successful. If you are still at your Settings->About screen, you can see there is IP Address now. Once you have Wifi, go to Settings -> Music and tap on Transfer Music.

Computer - launch Fitbit Connect, logon, then click on Manage My Music. Your previous playlist will be automatically selected and transfer for remaining songs will start. If you have never selected a playlist, just select your desired playlist and transfer should start.

---------- END ----------
Level42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2018, 10:04 AM   #63

Ok, I think your transfer is bluetooth, not Wi-Fi, hence you have problems. I had 5 songs in my playlist. Just added another 34 songs, about 150 MB, so now have 39 songs. It took 20 minutes to transfer 34 songs. This is what I do to transfer music. You have to use Phone, Watch and Computer.

---------- Steps to Transfer Music ----------

Watch - Check Wifi status from Settings->About. IP Address says Wi-Fi off.

Phone - Fitbit Versa -> Media -> Manage Wi-Fi Networks. Go through everything to trigger Wifi connection on your watch. When it is connected, leave screen alone. Don't quit.

Watch - Big green tick should show moment Wifi connection is successful. If you are still at your Settings->About screen, you can see there is IP Address now. Once you have Wifi, go to Settings -> Music and tap on Transfer Music.

Computer - launch Fitbit Connect, logon, then click on Manage My Music. Your previous playlist will be automatically selected and transfer for remaining songs will start. If you have never selected a playlist, just select your desired playlist and transfer should start.

---------- END ----------
Thank for the help. Will try it out tonight see whether it works.
Old 16-04-2018, 11:23 AM   #64

How many Hrs are you guys getting out of your Versa on a full charge?
I think mine has some battery issues, or maybe the some third party watch face drains more juice. (but I also tested with the original watch face)

Full day sync/Quick view/Notification all off, with third party "nothing Special" face. From a full charge on Sat morning 11.40am start, to empty at Mon 4+am, with is arnd 41~42 hrs. (If I use original face, maybe will push abit into 3rd Day,)

Contacted Fitbit CS, and after checking they will need to escalate my case to their higher level of support for further assistance. And will get back to me again by mail.
dayfornight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2018, 11:36 AM   #65

I think mine has some battery issues, or maybe the some third party watch face drains more juice. (but I also tested with the original watch face)

Full day sync/Quick view/Notification all off, with third party "nothing Special" face. From a full charge on Sat morning 11.40am start, to empty at Mon 4+am, with is arnd 41~42 hrs. (If I use original face, maybe will push abit into 3rd Day,)

Contacted Fitbit CS, and after checking they will need to escalate my case to their higher level of support for further assistance. And will get back to me again by mail.
Mine full charge since sat night 2am till now Monday I still left with 26% of battery.
Old 16-04-2018, 12:01 PM   #66

Mine full charge since sat night 2am till now Monday I still left with 26% of battery.
With all the mentioned function off ?
O, like that cfm my watch having issues already.

Last edited by dayfornight; 16-04-2018 at 01:01 PM..
Old 16-04-2018, 12:16 PM   #67

Yes, been using Fitbit Pay. It's very convenient. I just say "PayWave" when I'm at the cashier. Only OCBC and UOB are supported now apparently.
Thanks man! Have you gotten any curious looks when you put your watch at the scanner hahahaha
yawwz93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2018, 12:23 PM   #68

With all the mentioned function off ?
O, like that cfm my watching having issues already.
I have been leaving my watch to transfer music from 2am to about 6am, the battery drop to 52%, sat and sun I am using it with Bluetooth turn on till now left 26%.i believe there some issue with your battery life
Old 16-04-2018, 01:39 PM   #69

I have been fiddling with the watch, so it is difficult to say how good the battery is. For example, I played with many colours on "Nothing Special" clock face setting alone.

So far I charged every 1 - 1.5 day. But my battery only dropped lowest to close to 60%. I plan to leave the watch on the cradle a little longer sometime this week. It takes a while to go from 99% to 100%. Could be due to trickle charge. Hence I want to try leaving it on the cradle slightly longer after it hits 100%.

Maybe you can try that. In the past, they used to suggest doing a longer charge for fresh batteries. There are different schools of thought on whether this is still valid. I won't do 8 hours, but maybe let it sit on the cradle for 1-2 hours longer.
Old 16-04-2018, 01:48 PM   #70

Thanks man! Have you gotten any curious looks when you put your watch at the scanner hahahaha
It is quite cool actually.

First time I went to Supermarket self-service to try. After a couple of times, I became more confident. I have seen an amused cashier and a 'little unsure' cashier at a hospital pharmacy. The rest didn't bat an eye. Fitbit Pay is very responsive.

I am also participating in the mobile payment trial (with my phone) for Account-Based Ticketing by Transitlink. I had trouble the other day and could not get the system to respond for one particular bus ride. Kind of held people up behind me. That was somewhat embarrassing. Fitbit Pay so far has been a breeze. Hope when Transitlink go live, they would support Fitbit Pay.
Old 16-04-2018, 02:46 PM   #71

I have been fiddling with the watch, so it is difficult to say how good the battery is. For example, I played with many colours on "Nothing Special" clock face setting alone.

So far I charged every 1 - 1.5 day. But my battery only dropped lowest to close to 60%. I plan to leave the watch on the cradle a little longer sometime this week. It takes a while to go from 99% to 100%. Could be due to trickle charge. Hence I want to try leaving it on the cradle slightly longer after it hits 100%.

Maybe you can try that. In the past, they used to suggest doing a longer charge for fresh batteries. There are different schools of thought on whether this is still valid. I won't do 8 hours, but maybe let it sit on the cradle for 1-2 hours longer.
Sadly but I think mine is really having battery issues. This morning after chatting with Fitbit CS, I fully charged it and started using with original Face and all functions off beside HR. Started using at 10.40, currently now 2.40pm after about 4 hrs(nv used much cause working) it is at 92%.

I was also thinking about the same thing to let it charge for abit longer, but it seem like not much help. It will stay in 100% for abt 1 min then will drop to 99%.

They requested me to go back Hachi for exchange, but I scare maybe is batch issue how? Scar-ly go exchange already got another battery issue again.

Last edited by dayfornight; 16-04-2018 at 02:48 PM..
Old 16-04-2018, 05:09 PM   #72

Sadly but I think mine is really having battery issues. This morning after chatting with Fitbit CS, I fully charged it and started using with original Face and all functions off beside HR. Started using at 10.40, currently now 2.40pm after about 4 hrs(nv used much cause working) it is at 92%.

I was also thinking about the same thing to let it charge for abit longer, but it seem like not much help. It will stay in 100% for abt 1 min then will drop to 99%.

They requested me to go back Hachi for exchange, but I scare maybe is batch issue how? Scar-ly go exchange already got another battery issue again.
Yes, I think you are right. I just monitored mine today. It looks more like 1.2% every hour. So, after 4 hours, I still see 96%. Your battery is draining at almost double the speed.

What is your screen brightness setting? Mine used to be Dim but I changed it to Auto.

Do you have a lot of notifications? That may use some juice too.
Old 16-04-2018, 05:39 PM   #73

Yes, I think you are right. I just monitored mine today. It looks more like 1.2% every hour. So, after 4 hours, I still see 96%. Your battery is draining at almost double the speed.

What is your screen brightness setting? Mine used to be Dim but I changed it to Auto.

Do you have a lot of notifications? That may use some juice too.
My settings ; all notifications @ OFF, screen brightness @ AUTO, Quick View @ OFF, All day Sync @ OFF, Face @ Default(original), Reminder to walk @OFF. Never use much because I am at work.

Current time 6.40pm, which is 7 hrs of usage and I left with 87%.
Old 16-04-2018, 09:29 PM   #74

My settings ; all notifications @ OFF, screen brightness @ AUTO, Quick View @ OFF, All day Sync @ OFF, Face @ Default(original), Reminder to walk @OFF. Never use much because I am at work.

Current time 6.40pm, which is 7 hrs of usage and I left with 87%.
I have some notifications on. Screen brightness @ Auto, Quick View @ On, All Day Sync @ Off, today's Clock Face @ Mesmerize, Reminder to move @ On. After 10 hours, my battery is at 89%. And I used Fitbit Pay and rebooted once today.

I just remember I had a slightly different problem with a Charge 2 I was troubleshooting previously. The battery percentage barely dropped and it was impossible. On the 3rd day, it said 80%+. I cleaned the charging points on both the watch and the power source side with isopropyl alcohol, charge the device then rebooted. This was because Charge 2 can only be rebooted in charging mode. Immediately after Fitbit logo appeared and the Charge 2 was rebooted, the battery percentage displayed 45 %. So it was definitely reporting wrong percentage for days. After that battery drainage was normal.

As Versa can only be rebooted without charging, you may have to try a different order, i.e. rebooting, then clean charging pins, followed by charging the watch.
Old 17-04-2018, 01:20 PM   #75

BITE THE BULLET AND BOUGHT ONE.

Ok. So i decided to just go ahead and buy the black one.

Initial experience while setting up:

1. Best to have the versa connect to WIFI before doing any update. It takes a long time to update if no wifi is set.

2. For some reason, some wifi router may not work with the versa. I set my phone to be come a hotspot and it works.

So far it still updating firmware. Hopefully it a good experience.

I have some notifications on. Screen brightness @ Auto, Quick View @ On, All Day Sync @ Off, today's Clock Face @ Mesmerize, Reminder to move @ On. After 10 hours, my battery is at 89%. And I used Fitbit Pay and rebooted once today.

I just remember I had a slightly different problem with a Charge 2 I was troubleshooting previously. The battery percentage barely dropped and it was impossible. On the 3rd day, it said 80%+. I cleaned the charging points on both the watch and the power source side with isopropyl alcohol, charge the device then rebooted. This was because Charge 2 can only be rebooted in charging mode. Immediately after Fitbit logo appeared and the Charge 2 was rebooted, the battery percentage displayed 45 %. So it was definitely reporting wrong percentage for days. After that battery drainage was normal.

As Versa can only be rebooted without charging, you may have to try a different order, i.e. rebooting, then clean charging pins, followed by charging the watch.
stevenang is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.