Gear S2

Wyvern8

Reaction score
My friend joke about S2 and say its simply a "Ben10" watch. Because of the turning of watch bezel. It's a pity cannot use to answer calls. The design is quite nice.

year2013

Master Member
Reaction score
Can anyone confirm if the inbuilt keyboard works with whatsapp !!
Thats my main criteria to buy a smart watch, i dont wanna call using watch. It shuld allow me to reply sply when in a meeting !!

zippy79

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It is selling for $448 and $548 for classic. Saw at challenger at JCube

Alkamizt

Reaction score
quite a deal breaker for me.. cannot answer calls on the watch... :(

Yes. Deal breaker for me too. Oh well, I'll just continue using my 2 year old gear 2 which can do so much more than the gear S2... including as a speakerphone and a quick action camera. Samsung keeps regressing... sigh.

I hope android wear would finally add speakerphone capability. That is the main thing stopping me from switching.

Elevenx

Reaction score
Nice launch Samsung, official launch day for display sets everywhere but no stock no stock for purchase. Only enough for preorders.

Last edited:

samigo

Reaction score
Was at Chinatown Point to collect my pre-order just now. They said they have some extra watches for walk in purchase. Those interested might want to check with them.

gunners007

Reaction score
Some of those mobile shops are selling cheaper than samsung like the s2 sport selling 360

swgj86

Master Member
Reaction score
went to see the gear s2 at challenger earlier.

looks quite stylo besides my Apple Watch Sport.

8ZkWDoa.jpg

year2013

Master Member
Reaction score
Was at Chinatown Point to collect my pre-order just now. They said they have some extra watches for walk in purchase. Those interested might want to check with them.

You got it? Can u confirm if whatsapp is compatible with inbuilt watch keyboard?

samigo

Reaction score
You got it? Can u confirm if whatsapp is compatible with inbuilt watch keyboard?

Jus got back. Also bought a Note 5 using the $200 voucher with the purchase of S2. Now charging both devices and also transferring data from old phone to N5. Will check it out later...

nyanster

Reaction score
Watch is looking good so far, but the gear s2 apps are totally crap at the moment.
QXLKfef.jpg

It has limited functionality with whatsapp, can view around past 10 messages and can reply to whatsapp groups/messages, but you can't initiate any convo on whatsapp just from the watch.

year2013

Master Member
Reaction score
Watch is looking good so far, but the gear s2 apps are totally crap at the moment.
QXLKfef.jpg

It has limited functionality with whatsapp, can view around past 10 messages and can reply to whatsapp groups/messages, but you can't initiate any convo on whatsapp just from the watch.

So REPLY is possible, thats great !!
Thanks..

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.