Gear S3 is announced.

lalaisgongon

Reaction score
Pre-Order

The Samsung Gear S3 pre-ordering will commence from 12 noon on 10 November 2016 to 16 November 2016, at selected Samsung Experience Stores, major consumer electronic stores as well as Samsung Official Stores at Lazada.sg and Zalora.sg. All successful pre-orders will receive 2 complimentary watch bands worth S$136 during collection on 18 November 2016.

Purchase with Purchase Deals

From 19 November 2016 Gear S3 will be available at all local telecommunication operators, consumer electronics stores, authorised retailers, Samsung Official Store at Lazada.sg or Zalora, and Samsung Experience Stores.

From 19 November to 31 December 2016, if you purchase a Galaxy S7, S7 edge or Note 5 you will be able to enjoy S$50 off the purchase of the Gear S3. The promotion will be available at local telecommunication operators, authorised retailers and Samsung Experience Stores.

Link : https://www.superadrianme.com/technology/samsung-gear-s3-frontier-classic-singapore-price/

x3dnd3x

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
So basically Classic and Frontier main difference is the e-sim.

Classic is BT while Frontier is e-sim? :s11:

cochran

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
As i currently have the Gear Fit 2. I'm currently in the gear fit app trial under apple testflight. The trial will end on 11 Nov 2016.

When the news first came out for Gear S3. It did state it will support apple somehow... Sad if its still cant. Maybe Samsung too busy with the Note 7 issue and ignored the gear............

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
As i currently have the Gear Fit 2. I'm currently in the gear fit app trial under apple testflight. The trial will end on 11 Nov 2016.

When the news first came out for Gear S3. It did state it will support apple somehow... Sad if its still cant. Maybe Samsung too busy with the Note 7 issue and ignored the gear............

test flight is another story yo.

public release for iOS support may not be at launch, but doesn't mean your beta test flight won't take off. Its up to them whether or not they wanna implement it for gear s3. taking into consideration of the samsung pay, it will definitely be incompatible with the iOS.

ShinnAsuka

Reaction score
Yes, the Frontier has both e-SIM and WiFi/Bluetooth versions (not sure whether the former will come to Singapore, maybe later). The Classic only comes in WiFi/Bluetooth version.

Sent from Sent from Sony Xperia using GAGT

based on below,

http://www.samsung.com/sg/news/local/samsung-expands-smartwatch-offerings-with-gear-s3/

only bluetooth

https://www.google.com.sg/webhp?sou...n=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=e-sim+singapore&tbm=nws

maybe in 2017 for e-sim?

btw, i consulted great world & tamps samsung store, and was advised that they do not have any confirmed date for pre-order; likely in a fortnight's time or in december. the weird thing is at great world store, the banners for gear s3 is all over the store, and that they had just changed the s2 to s3 frontier for display. anyone can confirm the authenticity of the pre-order info spreading around? thanks

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
someone copied the whole text from hwz page for you all to see just a few posts down leh......

based on below,

http://www.samsung.com/sg/news/local/samsung-expands-smartwatch-offerings-with-gear-s3/

only bluetooth

https://www.google.com.sg/webhp?sou...n=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=e-sim+singapore&tbm=nws

maybe in 2017 for e-sim?

btw, i consulted great world & tamps samsung store, and was advised that they do not have any confirmed date for pre-order; likely in a fortnight's time or in december. the weird thing is at great world store, the banners for gear s3 is all over the store, and that they had just changed the s2 to s3 frontier for display. anyone can confirm the authenticity of the pre-order info spreading around? thanks

ShinnAsuka

Reaction score
well i saw that post and would love to trust the authenticity of the post. it is just the discrepancies that the stores are advising, and there are no official news released except the blog post.

just want to confirm before making a wasted trip since samsung sg seems to be in a mess now.

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
it's confirmed.

just a gentle reminder, only certain retailers are involved, such as best denki, courts, lazada etc on the 10th Nov. all Samsung experience stores are operated by 3rd party retailers which might not have an appropriate channel of news dissemination, but on 10th Nov all of them should know already as customers stream in.

in general, you can trust the source from hwz as they will have a link to the source, which they did include for the current one as well.

well i saw that post and would love to trust the authenticity of the post. it is just the discrepancies that the stores are advising, and there are no official news released except the blog post.

just want to confirm before making a wasted trip since samsung sg seems to be in a mess now.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.